PDA

View Full Version : 4A Towns Hit By Severe Weather

regaleagle
05-11-2015, 09:56 AM
It's just been a whirlwind of severe weather outbreaks occurring in some of our 4A towns this Spring....almost uncanny. Van just got hit last night by a tornado and it looks pretty bad. I don't know the extent of the damages done, but my heart goes out to all the residents of that town. Stephenville has endured not one, but two severe hailstorms in the past several weeks, and I can only imagine what kind of damage that has wrought upon the locals there. Gainesville and Sanger had the torrential rains that caused massive flooding.....I'm not sure of the total rainfall in 2 days, but it was massive enough to cause serious problems for its residents. Strange that these severe weather events are happening specifically this spring to 4A towns in Texas.

waterboy
05-11-2015, 11:55 AM
Van got hit hard. My wife's sister and brother-in-law, along with their three sons, live in Van. They are all okay, but some friends of theirs lost their home. Prayers go out for all the victims, and the entire city of Van.

So far, 2 fatalities and 43 hospitalized:

http://www.kltv.com/story/29027194/43-hospitalized-2-dead-after-van-storms-state-of-disaster-expected-to-be-declared

buckeyebob
05-12-2015, 07:13 AM
Sometimes I forget how blessed my family & I am...my Old Dad saying...I complained that I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet...my family prayers are with the people of Van

BwdLion73
05-12-2015, 07:04 PM
It's the good with the bad. Two hail storms and two tornado's near me these past two weeks. Lake Bwd. Has caught 3 feet of water and continues to rise. Prayers to those in the path...but thanks for the water that is still rolling in with possibly more to come.
It's been a long 7 years since we were last at spillway level.

buckeyebob
05-14-2015, 08:47 PM
I am fighting the beavers...my lake pipe overflow has not been used in years...every morning, I show up with the pitch fork, wade out to it, then shovel bushy pond weed, mud, sticks, etc to clean the cage...I have moved several truck loads

regaleagle
05-14-2015, 09:16 PM
I am fighting the beavers...my lake pipe overflow has not been used in years...every morning, I show up with the pitch fork, wade out to it, then shovel bushy pond weed, mud, sticks, etc to clean the cage...I have moved several truck loads

Gee Wally.....sounds to me like you should just "leave it to beaver", haha.

waterboy
05-15-2015, 10:01 AM

Why not just use dynamite? It would be quicker..., lol! Build a blind near where the beavers are building their dam, get the rifle out, and put an end to it. By the way, beaver pelts are worth a little money...