PDA

View Full Version : Where to stay on the River Walk?

Emerson1
05-07-2015, 04:38 PM
What is the best area of the River Walk to stay on? I want to be able to walk out of my hotel, down some stairs, and be wherever the most restaurants and bars are at.

YTBulldogs
05-10-2015, 09:15 PM
Rivercenter Marriott.

Tejastrue
05-11-2015, 07:03 AM
yep...

Emerson1
05-11-2015, 10:05 AM
What about the Drury Plaza Hotel? About $100 less a night.

YTBulldogs
05-11-2015, 10:13 AM

Never stayed there. Like the Marriott location on river, with the mall/cinema/restaurant/bars right there. Plus the indoor-outdoor pool if ya take little ones/teenagers. For $100 savings per night, guess they could swim in the river for that savings. I do like Marriott though. Ask them, or check for the state gov rate. They never check, just want drivers license.

You work in the state, don't ya?;)

Emerson1
05-19-2015, 08:50 AM
How late are the bars open on Friday nights?

regaleagle
05-19-2015, 09:00 AM
I would recommend the Hilton Palacio del Rio.....it's been fully remodeled and you will find it to have all the "flavor" and luxery accomodations at a very fair price. The location is also stellar. Check it out.

regaleagle
05-19-2015, 09:05 AM
You don't want to be exactly right on top of all the action.....just a block or two away......for a better overall stay. Too close will not get you the "peace and serenity" of one that is just a little bit more isolated from "hotel row".

Emerson1
05-19-2015, 01:11 PM
You don't want to be exactly right on top of all the action.....just a block or two away......for a better overall stay. Too close will not get you the "peace and serenity" of one that is just a little bit more isolated from "hotel row".

I'm going to be there for one night. Since San Antonio sucks they don't allow Uber or Lyft pick ups. So I pretty much have to stay on the Riverwalk.

44INAROW
05-19-2015, 02:21 PM
I'm going to be there for one night. Since San Antonio sucks they don't allow Uber or Lyft pick ups. So I pretty much have to stay on the Riverwalk.

since when on the Uber ban? Johnny and his buddies stayed at Marriott Riverwalk in late February or early March for a bachelor party and he used Uber all weekend... they even let them split the charges lol ..... He had about 8 charges @ $1.10 lol and
a couple $100 charges from Sable Entertainment and RCI Entertainment, I'm sure that's a bowling alley or something :vrycnfsd::lies: and Top Golf, Howl at the Moon, Chuy's and Cowboys... There's plenty to do - Of course Cowboys and Top Golf aren't at the Riverwalk...

hookandladder
05-20-2015, 03:11 PM

Stayed there twice in the last two years, stayed back in March of this year. Great Hotel with a great bar and happy hour, you will not be disappointed. Right on the Riverwalk, close to everything for much less $'s.

Emerson1
05-21-2015, 08:27 AM
since when on the Uber ban? Johnny and his buddies stayed at Marriott Riverwalk in late February or early March for a bachelor party and he used Uber all weekend... they even let them split the charges lol ..... He had about 8 charges @ $1.10 lol and
a couple $100 charges from Sable Entertainment and RCI Entertainment, I'm sure that's a bowling alley or something :vrycnfsd::lies: and Top Golf, Howl at the Moon, Chuy's and Cowboys... There's plenty to do - Of course Cowboys and Top Golf aren't at the Riverwalk...

As of April 1st. Tell Johnny and his buddies. I confirmed on app.

UBER SAN ANTONIO SHUT OFF

San Antonio officials adopted rules that make it impossible for Uber to operate successfully in San Antonio. Pickups within the city have been shut off as of April 1st. Operations in the rest of Bexar County will continue as normal.

You can still get dropped off from outside of San Antonio to somewhere inside though.

44INAROW
05-21-2015, 10:42 AM
That's good info - I will share - they've got another bachelor party coming up for a Sept wedding..

Scoop27
05-21-2015, 11:30 AM
Dont some of these hotels on the River Walk charge for parking that have a garage? We stayed in one about 10 years ago and had to pay extra for parking

Emerson1
05-21-2015, 11:56 AM
Dont some of these hotels on the River Walk charge for parking that have a garage? We stayed in one about 10 years ago and had to pay extra for parking

Most hotels in any major city charge for parking. In my search I came across one for $40 a night.

BwdLion73
05-24-2015, 03:26 AM
Well after being woke up by yet another 3am storm it appears just about any place in San Antonio is on the river. Also for our friends and posters in Wimberley it appears that you will have catastrophic damage. Blanco river was at 40 ft or so...I think flood stage was listed at 13 ft.
Be safe.