PDA

View Full Version : Kyler murray

Saggy Aggie
05-06-2015, 11:11 AM
Says he's not going in the baseball draft. Says he will play football and baseball at A&M

hookandladder
05-06-2015, 02:30 PM
That very well may be true however it will all depend on where he ends up in the draft, Stewart said the same thing and he comes from a much wealthier family. Does not matter to me which way he decides, would be interesting to see what would happen between him and Allen. A good thing to have two QB's however I am sure neither one would enjoy riding the pine, just do not see that at the college level to often. Most of the time after one year, the odd man out transfers.

Saggy Aggie
05-06-2015, 05:51 PM
That very well may be true however it will all depend on where he ends up in the draft, Stewart said the same thing and he comes from a much wealthier family. Does not matter to me which way he decides, would be interesting to see what would happen between him and Allen. A good thing to have two QB's however I am sure neither one would enjoy riding the pine, just do not see that at the college level to often. Most of the time after one year, the odd man out transfers.

Well, He notified MLB teams and formally withdrew himself and asked them not to draft him for whatever that's worth.

I'd like to get the blinn kid to play backup qb so kyler can redshirt

hookandladder
05-07-2015, 06:07 AM
Well, He notified MLB teams and formally withdrew himself and asked them not to draft him for whatever that's worth.

I'd like to get the blinn kid to play backup qb so kyler can redshirt

The Blinn kid is interesting, nobody wants him. Not sure if it is grades or just not what teams are interested in, he was in basically the same type of system atm runs. From what I have heard he has no offers and had none out of HS, there has to be a reason one way or another. I am betting Kyler has no desire to RS, depending on his age he could be available for the draft in baseball in two years.

XMan
05-07-2015, 01:18 PM
I totally understand the allure of playing SEC football in front of 100,000 people every sat. vs riding a bus to a class A extended spring training game. But in the long term, playing 2nd sack in the big league vs getting hit by 300 pounders on a regular basis and getting paid about the same for either has to be pretty interesting to him.

1st and goal
05-07-2015, 08:14 PM
The Blinn kid is interesting, nobody wants him. Not sure if it is grades or just not what teams are interested in, he was in basically the same type of system atm runs. From what I have heard he has no offers and had none out of HS, there has to be a reason one way or another. I am betting Kyler has no desire to RS, depending on his age he could be available for the draft in baseball in two years.

I would think that with A&M having 2 5star QBs already there, including backups, all parties feel he might not get a fair chance. Why don't the horns get him?

hookandladder
05-08-2015, 10:33 AM
I would think that with A&M having 2 5star QBs already there, including backups, all parties feel he might not get a fair chance. Why don't the horns get him?

Texas has never been interested in him along with most schools, think most feel he is just a system QB that is lacking the tolls to be a good QB at the next level. I have seen him play, not very impressed with him. I am sure there are schools interested but probably not where he wants to go, just the way it is sometimes. He would not help Texas.

Saggy Aggie
05-09-2015, 02:59 PM
A&M signed the blinn kid

hookandladder
05-09-2015, 03:16 PM
A&M signed the blinn kid

Just curious, do you know if he received a scholarship or walked on.

Weebe
05-09-2015, 03:48 PM
Sounds like a scholarship to me, but not sure.

A&M had to have depth and couldn't take an extra QB prior to signing day.

I think they are still hoping they can convince Kyler to RS.

Even if this kid is worse than Stoops as hook thinks, he can still be a garbage time guy for a&m.

If Allen gets hurt then you burn Murrays RS.

1st and goal
05-09-2015, 05:37 PM
Or if Kyler does go for the big bucks in baseball...

Its just that on signing day, I didn't see much enthusiasm from him or his dad. If I were his dad, and had been a former A&M QB, I'd be jumping up and down until the cows come home about my kid getting the offer.

hookandladder
05-09-2015, 09:33 PM
Sounds like a scholarship to me, but not sure.

A&M had to have depth and couldn't take an extra QB prior to signing day.

I think they are still hoping they can convince Kyler to RS.

Even if this kid is worse than Stoops as hook thinks, he can still be a garbage time guy for a&m.

If Allen gets hurt then you burn Murrays RS.

Never said he was worse than Swoopes, just said obviously Texas was not interested. Typical aggy response, *******.

Weebe
05-10-2015, 07:01 AM
Never said he was worse than Swoopes, just said obviously Texas was not interested. Typical aggy response, *******.

You said he wouldn't help Texas.

I assumed it was because you thought he wasn't an improvement over Swoopes.

Otherwise, I'm not sure why he wouldn't help them.

Weebe
05-10-2015, 07:12 AM
Maybe they should teach a Logic 101 class at SWT instead of the required How to Pretend you are a Longhorn 101.

hookandladder
05-10-2015, 08:18 AM
Maybe they should teach a Logic 101 class at SWT instead of the required How to Pretend you are a Longhorn 101.

Whatever *******, LMAO.

hollywood
05-10-2015, 08:53 AM
If I were Kyler, I'd choose baseball! But I'm sure he wants to prove he can play football at the next level. He's athletic and gifted enough. Whether he can will be determined. He got swallowed up at the Under Armour game against the best HS level players. But who knows, maybe once he gets in another system, he can make an impact. But baseball would be a fantastic opportunity if the avenue is there.

Macarthur
05-10-2015, 12:27 PM
Texas has never been interested in him along with most schools, think most feel he is just a system QB that is lacking the tolls to be a good QB at the next level. I have seen him play, not very impressed with him. I am sure there are schools interested but probably not where he wants to go, just the way it is sometimes. He would not help Texas.

I don't know the details of this kids recruitment and no one knows how it will end , but I think to say he would not help UT at a position of incredible needs is foolish, IMO.

UT has rolled some real garbage out there at the Aqaba position for two seasons now. You telling me this kid couldn't at least upgrade the position overall!

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4514014/highlights/181165381/v2

hookandladder
05-10-2015, 03:24 PM
I don't know the details of this kids recruitment and no one knows how it will end , but I think to say he would not help UT at a position of incredible needs is foolish, IMO.

UT has rolled some real garbage out there at the Aqaba position for two seasons now. You telling me this kid couldn't at least upgrade the position overall!

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4514014/highlights/181165381/v2

I remember a kid named Boykin at TCU that was also garbage as you say in his first season at QB, a little different story now. Not saying Swoopes will be the next Boykin but he proves the point you cannot tell in one season how a QB will devolop over a couple years, if he continues his bad habits then it is time to move on. Funny how your memory sucks from year to year, Lol

Macarthur
05-10-2015, 08:57 PM
You're exactly right and I never said that this QB would be better. And you're right, swoopes might become the next VY.

My point was that I think this kid would upgrade the overall QB situation.

You need to read the posts more closely before you jump to conclusions.

hookandladder
05-11-2015, 06:06 AM
You're exactly right and I never said that this QB would be better. And you're right, swoopes might become the next VY.

My point was that I think this kid would upgrade the overall QB situation.

You need to read the posts more closely before you jump to conclusions.

You need to realize not everyone shares your opinion, you think he would help however the Coaches at Texas and other schools do not see it your way. I would tend to lean the coaches way then someone who sits behind a keyboard and monitor and blows a lot of hot air, just my opinion dude. LMAO

Macarthur
05-11-2015, 10:03 AM
They certainly probably do know more than me.

However, A&M did bring him in and I think most would agree that their QB evaluation over the past few years is better than UT.

NastySlot
05-11-2015, 11:45 AM
I remember a kid named Boykin at TCU that was also garbage as you say in his first season at QB, a little different story now. Not saying Swoopes will be the next Boykin but he proves the point you cannot tell in one season how a QB will devolop over a couple years, if he continues his bad habits then it is time to move on. Funny how your memory sucks from year to year, Lol

Curious as to why you think Boykin was trash his first season? I thought he started the season as a backup and was thrown into fire when the other Q was suspended and If I remember his second season didn't he share duties while playing Rec? He was pretty solid last season his first as the guy.

I know your entitled to your opinion just wondering why his first was considered trash-- he was a 3 star coming out of West Mesquite.

Macarthur
05-11-2015, 11:50 AM
Curious as to why you think Boykin was trash his first season? I thought he started the season as a backup and was thrown into fire when the other Q was suspended and If I remember his second season didn't he share duties while playing Rec? He was pretty solid last season his first as the guy.

I know your entitled to your opinion just wondering why his first was considered trash-- he was a 3 star coming out of West Mesquite.

Yeah, I don't think it's worth arguing with hook, but I don't think Boykin ever looked as bad as Swoopes. Of course, I may be biased.

It's true that Boykin was thrust into the starting role after Paschal pulled his crap. He had been running scout team as late as the Wednesday before the game he had to start Saturday. He performed pretty admirably the rest of his freshman year. He did have a very up and down year in his soph year, but many attribute that to the very pooor OC and system that he was under. Last year was his first with a quality OC and system that fits his skill set.

hookandladder
05-11-2015, 03:09 PM

Pretty sure Swoopes started last year as the backup just like Boykin did his first year, I did not say Boykin was trash his first year just making a point what Mac said about Texas having garbage at QB the last year and implying Texas will have garbage again this year. Boykin had major struggles his first year and second year at QB much like Swoopes, Mac is the garbage and trash talker not me. Read my post again, pointing out if Swoopes was garbage according to Mac last year then Boykin had to be also his first two years. I am sure Mac can put his spin on it, Lol

hookandladder
05-11-2015, 03:16 PM
Yeah, I don't think it's worth arguing with hook, but I don't think Boykin ever looked as bad as Swoopes. Of course, I may be biased.

It's true that Boykin was thrust into the starting role after Paschal pulled his crap. He had been running scout team as late as the Wednesday before the game he had to start Saturday. He performed pretty admirably the rest of his freshman year. He did have a very up and down year in his soph year, but many attribute that to the very pooor OC and system that he was under. Last year was his first with a quality OC and system that fits his skill set.

Yes it had to be the OC and system, no way it was the QB that may have needed to gain experience and mature. Wonder if Swoopes and Heard had the same problems last year as Boykin with a new OC and system, Your ignorance is really something. LMAO.

Macarthur
05-11-2015, 04:18 PM
Yes it had to be the OC and system, no way it was the QB that may have needed to gain experience and mature. Wonder if Swoopes and Heard had the same problems last year as Boykin with a new OC and system, Your ignorance is really something. LMAO.

You are insane.

New Taiton
05-11-2015, 04:26 PM
He would not help Texas.

LMAO - right, hook? Lol.

Saggy Aggie
05-11-2015, 05:46 PM

However, A&M did bring him in and I think most would agree that their QB evaluation over the past few years is better than UT.

Lol, good point....

msu97
05-12-2015, 07:38 AM

you mean Kenny Hill and having Manziel as a 3rd stringer?

qbs at all colleges are hit or miss... everyone, myself included, thought Reggie McNeal was the real deal... Garrett Gilbert was national player of the year,(sound familiar) and look how those two panned out... it is a hit or miss...

hookandladder
05-12-2015, 07:49 AM

qbs at all colleges are hit or miss... everyone, myself included, thought Reggie McNeal was the real deal... Garrett Gilbert was national player of the year,(sound familiar) and look how those two panned out... it is a hit or miss...

Exactly but remember who you are talking to, Mac and NT are the experts until the table is turned. LMAO

Macarthur
05-12-2015, 08:23 AM

Yes, QBs can hit or miss and no one is perfect.

I said A&M has been better than UT, not perfect.

And BTW, what do you mean Manziel being 3rd string? And I think Hill's failure had as much to do with his personal failures than on the field. He did actually set a couple of records so it's not like his can't play. What exactly is your point with Hill and Manziel?

hollywood
05-12-2015, 08:29 AM

I agree with this.

msu97
05-12-2015, 10:28 AM
Yes, QBs can hit or miss and no one is perfect.

I said A&M has been better than UT, not perfect.

And BTW, what do you mean Manziel being 3rd string? And I think Hill's failure had as much to do with his personal failures than on the field. He did actually set a couple of records so it's not like his can't play. What exactly is your point with Hill and Manziel?

Manziel was where on the depth chart at qb when he was recruited by Sherman before Sumlin took over?

Manziel did not fit the pro system of Sherman... but he did fit in Sumlin's offense...

yeah, I was rooting for Kenny Hill and hopefully he gets it back together at his current school...

just that there are no guarantees and people miss... everyone would have taken Garrett Gilbert... not sure how Texas is to blame for him... EVERY school wanted him...
UT got lucky with VY... he was a Miami commit until McNeal chose ATM, then VY went to UT...

Macarthur
05-12-2015, 10:34 AM
Manziel was where on the depth chart at qb when he was recruited by Sherman before Sumlin took over?

Manziel did not fit the pro system of Sherman... but he did fit in Sumlin's offense...

yeah, I was rooting for Kenny Hill and hopefully he gets it back together at his current school...

just that there are no guarantees and people miss... everyone would have taken Garrett Gilbert... not sure how Texas is to blame for him... EVERY school wanted him...
UT got lucky with VY... he was a Miami commit until McNeal chose ATM, then VY went to UT...

Manziel redshirted in Sherman's last year and started as a RS Freshman. One of the reasons that Manziel redshirted was that they had a first round draft pick at QB, TAnnehill. So I'm not sure what point you are trying to make on Manziel.

Yes, everyone did want Gilbert. I'll give UT a pass on that one, but they have had way too many swings and misses for a program of that stature.

msu97
05-12-2015, 10:40 AM
they have... on plenty of positions...

when McWhorter was the oline coach at Texas... he always said the kids that they missed on or passed over in recruiting were the ones that scared him...

but he also said you can only sign so many...

he and Tolly were great guys...

pretty soon ATM will miss on prospects as well... law of averages...

but Sumlin is doing a good job there... I think Strong will be fine as well

Macarthur
05-12-2015, 12:09 PM
No question that A&M will miss. TCU will/has. They all will. In fact, there are quite a few guys missing from some of Sumlin's classes. They've had a ton of atrition. TCU brought in a 4 star QB out of Kansas a couple years ago, kid named Tyler Matthews. Huge with a big arm. Everyone thought he would be a stud once Pashcal was done. He got almost zero playing time.

The overriding point that I"m making is that when you consider the quality of QBs that have come out of the state of Texas over the past 5-7 years, it is truly astonishing that UT has basically whiffed for almost a decade.

Dawgs
05-12-2015, 12:29 PM
Yes, everyone did want Gilbert. I'll give UT a pass on that one, but they have had way too many swings and misses for a program of that stature.

I don't agree with everything on this thread, but I agree with this statement. I didn't attend either university and root for both due to large portion of athletes on both squads being from the great state of Texas. But the dismal QB play is unacceptable considering Texas has pretty much pick of the litter in the state. I never saw what the big deal was with Swoopes. I think the kid went 1-9 at 2a Whitewright. Not 100% sure. But a kid with as much ability as they put on should win more than 1 game at a 2a program. Too early to say yes or no with the Heard kid. He was a baller in HS.

msu97
05-12-2015, 12:55 PM
No question that A&M will miss. TCU will/has. They all will. In fact, there are quite a few guys missing from some of Sumlin's classes. They've had a ton of atrition. TCU brought in a 4 star QB out of Kansas a couple years ago, kid named Tyler Matthews. Huge with a big arm. Everyone thought he would be a stud once Pashcal was done. He got almost zero playing time.

The overriding point that I"m making is that when you consider the quality of QBs that have come out of the state of Texas over the past 5-7 years, it is truly astonishing that UT has basically whiffed for almost a decade.

they have missed... and they will miss some more... but part of the reason people point that out is because they are UT... part of being in the limelight... and they have fallen... mainly because they have missed and whiffed pretty badly...

Weebe
05-12-2015, 01:20 PM
Reggie McNeal wasn't a miss. He arguably had better stats than Vince Young prior to Young's last year. This despite Young having far more talent around him.

He would have been great in a spread offense.

1st and goal
05-12-2015, 03:46 PM
I don't agree with everything on this thread, but I agree with this statement. I didn't attend either university and root for both due to large portion of athletes on both squads being from the great state of Texas. But the dismal QB play is unacceptable considering Texas has pretty much pick of the litter in the state. I never saw what the big deal was with Swoopes. I think the kid went 1-9 at 2a Whitewright. Not 100% sure. But a kid with as much ability as they put on should win more than 1 game at a 2a program. Too early to say yes or no with the Heard kid. He was a baller in HS.

Maybe they were hoping for him to be the next VY...

hookandladder
05-12-2015, 03:57 PM
Maybe they were hoping for him to be the next VY...

The key word here is they which I am assuming you are referring to Mack Brown, Coach Strong may have thought differently however it is the hand he was dealt.