PDA

View Full Version : Why this is a win/win for Gainesville....

KTJ
12-13-2003, 03:28 AM
since most of the state (and posters on a majority of boards :) ) are rooting, not really for Gainesville to lose, but really wanting Burnet to win, I have to say this. this is a win/win for Gainesville.

1.) if we win, we win the state championship. a perfect way to cap a great season.

2.) if we lose, we still have won in the hearts of every gainesville alum, gainesville resident, cooke county resident, and north texas citizen. i wore my gainesville leopards sweatshirt today on my way to ref a tourney in wimberley. several people there were asking about us and saying they think we can beat burnet. but either way, the city of gainesville is proud of their team, which is always a win in anyone's book.

good luck to both squads...i'm leaving austin at around 3:00 and i hope i don't see too many burnet fans driving up 35, as i will be wearing red for the leopards.

texas fight!

marktaras
12-13-2003, 08:49 AM
So, if Burnet wins, everybody will be happy!

Leopards,class of 75
12-13-2003, 08:54 AM
Well......... Not everybody!!!! LOL..... Drive safely and I can't wait to see the game that everybody's been waiting for!!!! GO BIG RED, bring home the big championship to Gainesville!!!

SINTON81
12-13-2003, 12:00 PM
I'll be rooting for Gainesville!

20StephDawg05
12-13-2003, 12:31 PM
KTJ:
1.) if we win, we win the state championship. a perfect way to cap a great season.

2.) if we lose, we still have won in the hearts of every gainesville alum, gainesville resident, cooke county resident, and north texas citizen. i wore my gainesville leopards sweatshirt today on my way to ref a tourney in wimberley. several people there were asking about us and saying they think we can beat burnet. but either way, the city of gainesville is proud of their team, which is always a win in anyone's book.Yes this is the same for Burnet. Whether the guys win or lose, we will sure be so proud of the great season they have had once again this year. So guys Go Fight Win...We love you, and the whole town of Burnet will be there cheering you on!!

MonkeyJoe
12-13-2003, 12:55 PM
Nice signature 20StephDawg05 ...

marktaras
12-13-2003, 01:06 PM
By the way Gainesville posters, talk between you guys and Burnet posters have been the classiest yet. Good luck to all of us. There will be no losers today!

dawgmeister
12-13-2003, 01:29 PM
GO DAWGS!! Win, lose, or draw... we'll see you for breakfast when you get back at 5:00am!!! (but we're not gonna' lose...) :cool: