PDA

View Full Version : Rangers Blow

orange machine
04-29-2015, 10:17 PM
:ack!: worst team ever!!!

movethechain
04-30-2015, 12:22 AM
I'm really starting to come around to your way of thinking. Not much to hang their hats on right now. :dispntd:

orange machine
04-30-2015, 02:46 AM
I was really looking forward to baseball this year and I thought there is no possible way the Rangers could be as bad as last year with all the injuries and stuff, but geez they are worse. It's funny Jon Daniels and the other owners push Nolan Ryan out the door and the Rangers immediately turn into an awful team with a ton of injured players. He goes to Houston and in his second year the Astros have the second best record in the A.L. Call it what you will but it's pretty ironic how things have worked out!!!

Saggy Aggie
04-30-2015, 07:15 AM
Well, I'm enjoying baseball season....

regaleagle
05-16-2015, 10:18 PM
I've been watching the Rangers games on FSSW this past week just to see how bad they really are. I figured maybe after about a month in, I could get a better assessment. NOPE......they're still the same horse manure team they were at the start of the season, haha. They make lots of mental mistakes for a pro team, and just don't play very clean baseball. It's surprising that they do manage to win as much as they do. I'm just not seeing any part of their overall team make-up I can point to and feel good about. Wonder why the Astros aren't on FSSW very often like the Rangers are......

Saggy Aggie
05-16-2015, 10:21 PM
Astros have their own channel here locally at least.

They looked good for a series against houston but it appears the astros have regained their form and the Rangers have started sucking again

regaleagle
05-16-2015, 10:54 PM
Rangers blow a one-run lead in the 9th to the Indians after not turning a game-ending routine double play. A run scored on that "misplay" to tie the score, and then the next batter hit a 2-run shot that was gone when it left the bat. The Rangers go 1-2-3 in the bottom of the 9th as the fans are treated at home to another "blown" game loss. Too many mistakes.....not a very good ballclub. "They didn't get the job done".......we keep hearing that like a broken record.

caleb_mccaig
05-17-2015, 10:19 AM
I try and look at it like this......every team rebuilds. The A's are doing it again too. They make a 2-3 runs every decade and then suck for the most of it.

If I had to guess, our plan is to suck pretty bad and then when the trade deadline, or maybe a bit before rolls around we sell high like we did last year with Soria when we got Jake Thompson. Some candidates I think we could sell include Colby, who has been awesome so far this year, which is honestly incredible after that surgery he had. If Choo and Prince keep it up then maybe, but unlikely with their contracts someone picks them up for a run. We could maybe even get Elvis off of our hands. The one I hate to think about is Beltre. I think teams will check him out pretty hard since he's in the last year of his contract, but if we can get 2 top prospects from a team for him then I would be down.

Daniels knows what he's doing. He's gotten us Cruz in the Carlos Lee trade, and Elvis, Neftali and Matt Harrison in the Teixera trade. There are several others including the trade that Murphy came in, but we just have to put trust in the front office to make good moves.

slingshot
05-17-2015, 09:45 PM
:ack!: worst team ever!!!...but at least they won today! Buddy of mine from the Metromess gave me his 4 season tickets about 20 rows up directly behind the visitors dugout with a super close-in parking pass. Took two of my sons and my youngest's best friend--had a Kincaid's hamburger before the game and watched the Rangers actually play pretty well in a 5-1 win. Good times...