PDA

View Full Version : Is this the worst Rangers team ever?

orange machine
04-29-2015, 09:23 AM
If not they have to be in the top 3. I'm not sure I've seen a MLB team so poor at hitting a baseball.

Saggy Aggie
04-29-2015, 09:58 AM
Hahahaha

caleb_mccaig
04-29-2015, 11:34 AM
If not they have to be in the top 3. I'm not sure I've seen a MLB team so poor at hitting a baseball.

It's a bit early to be saying that. I mean we're 20 games in, that's about 1/8 of the way through the season. Hitting a baseball isn't easy and things can change.

But If we're being totally honest, it's not looking good lol.

To make things even worse, this is a terrible draft year, top draft prospect after top draft prospect is getting hurt.

orange machine
04-29-2015, 01:47 PM
I did read that the rangers feel they are a year or two away from being world series contenders. From what it sounds like the rangers farm system is awesome.

Saggy Aggie
04-29-2015, 04:17 PM
I did read that the rangers feel they are a year or two away from being world series contenders. From what it sounds like the rangers farm system is awesome.

Lol.....

Cam
04-29-2015, 04:49 PM
I don't know...but I had the worst chicken sammich today for lunch!.....still had a feather in it!!.......:ack!:

caleb_mccaig
04-30-2015, 10:02 AM

Lol I don't know about that. Our top prospects probably aren't anywhere really close to being every day starters at this current point.

The two that are the closest are Gallo and Alfaro. Gallo will likely be our opening day 3b next year if Beltre leaves, but Alfaro is only 20 and even though he's the best catching prospect his hitting is below average, but so far this season his line .333/.368/.500.

We do have several good young pitchers in Chi Chi who is 23, Jake Thompson, 21, Luis Ortiz 19, and Luke Jackson who is 23.

We may see several of them this year, especially Chi Chi, who almost made the opening day rotation.

One guy to keep an eye on is Nomar Mazara, 19. We gave him a $4.95 million signing bonus and he got promoted to Frisco last year. His line thus far this year is .333/.391/.351.

Saggy Aggie
05-01-2015, 10:39 PM
Hey! They scored some runs today.... But still lost lol