PDA

View Full Version : Columbus-El Campo warm up game on Friday

Scoop27
04-29-2015, 08:27 AM
Even though these teams played two district games (splitting) they will play a warm up game at 7 p.m. Friday in El Campo.
You don't see this very much but I guess coaches wanted to play a game between now and the playoffs start next Thursday or Friday

areacode337
04-29-2015, 10:52 AM
Clarify if I am wrong but If either team or both have reached the 14 game and 3 tournament rule they can't play this game. If both teams are under their game allowance it is just like picking up an open date.

XMan
04-29-2015, 01:20 PM
Looks to me like both teams had games wash out during the 1st tournament weekend. Under these circumstances it is possible that the UIL considers these as "games" and not a tournament. The UIL allows 3 tourn and 14 games or 2 tourn and 17 games, or 1 tourn and 20 games or 0 tourn and 23 games. So, I could see Ec having played 2 tourn and 15 games and CC with 2 tourn and 15 games at this point. Therefore, play ball. Its not how many you attempt to play, its how many you play. The UIL cut games in all sports BUT football beginning last year. During a year like this one where there is so much bad weather, cutting those games really hurt some teams.

areacode337
04-30-2015, 12:05 PM
i agree that it should be that way....not sure the UIL sees it that way.....if you play one game in a tournament or two games in a tournament and tournament gets washed, it was still a tournament.....3 tournaments and 14 games.....I don't have a dog in this fight but do know the coaches and would hate to see something bad come from this. There are people watching....

Good luck to both teams in playoffs.

XMan
04-30-2015, 01:18 PM
If you get less than 3 games in during a tourn. and the rest of the games wash out, then that is considered 1 or 2 games and NOT a tournament. The coaches of these fine schools know what they are doing. If you don't trust them, im sure they would appreciate you calling them or their respective ADs to clarify.

Scoop27
04-30-2015, 11:05 PM
Game moved to 4 p.m.

areacode337
05-01-2015, 09:55 AM
If you get less than 3 games in during a tourn. and the rest of the games wash out, then that is considered 1 or 2 games and NOT a tournament. The coaches of these fine schools know what they are doing. If you don't trust them, im sure they would appreciate you calling them or their respective ADs to clarify.

hey MR. X.....Chill with the suggestion that no one or me doesn't trust them. As stated above...I know both coaches and just trying to be of some assistance before someone spoils their party. It was merely a suggestive thread by someone who likes both coaches and schools. so if you read more into it than that you are sadly mistaken. And the my very first thread said "Clarify" meaning I wasn't sure just like to be cautious on way some people interpret rules.

I wish them both well.