PDA

View Full Version : Girls 4A State Golf Meet: It's Andews once again!

regaleagle
04-29-2015, 12:58 AM
Andrews Girls Golf Team has again won the State Team Title in Golf this season with a 2-day total of 641. They absolutely smoked the field as the nearest competitor was 52 shots behind. That was Snyder, who secured 2nd place with a team total of 693. Coming in 3rd place for that Bronze medal was Lampasas @ 699. The other schools playing in this year's State Tournament were in order of finish: Bridgeport, Wimberley, Burnet, Orange Little Cypress-Mauriceville, Longview Spring Hill, Caldwell, Argyle, Lufkin Hudson, and Melissa. For Top Medalist honors, La Vernia's Shawnee Allen bested the rest with an impressive 2-day card of 78-69....WOW, a 69 in the final round!!! Hailey Burgen of Andrews shot a 72-76 that was good for 2nd place in the individual scoring. And Lauren Cox of Little Cypress-Mauriceville took 3rd in medalist play with a card of 76-76....good steady play there. Congrats to all the girls that made it to this year's State Golf Meet. I'm sure everyone had a great time competing.

scrub c
04-30-2015, 01:31 PM
La Vernia's Shawnee Allen bested the rest with an impressive 2-day card of 78-69....WOW, a 69 in the final round!!!

no doubt... (and she started out bogey - bogey...) Oh yeah, she is a soph, and that was her 2nd state title...

44INAROW
04-30-2015, 02:47 PM
no doubt... (and she started out bogey - bogey...) Oh yeah, she is a soph, and that was her 2nd state title...

I agree - 69 on the final round is awesome (hell, it's awesome on day 1 too lol)

seems like Andrews girls were at state in 2006 and 2007? I might have the years wrong but I'm pretty sure they were the group we watched - They were impressive..

Our youngest son played in the State Tourney his Jr and Sr years.. (Cuero went 7 out of 8 years 'back in the day") and his senior year - Medina Valley had a Freshman on their team that was really good, his name is Curtis Reed- not sure if he won on his own but he shot 144 I think. Johnny shot a great game on day 1 and he was paired with Curtis Reed on the 2nd day - we don't talk about day 2 much lol.. but he had a great day 1 :) I think Cuero ended up with a 318 in 4th place.. The next year - Medina Valley took both A and B teams to State.