PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton to the Rangers is a done deal.

caleb_mccaig
04-27-2015, 02:46 PM
http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/mlb/texas-rangers/article19739193.html

We will send either cash or a player to be named later and will pick up less than 10% of the $83 million left on Josh's current contract.

He'll report to AAA Express and will likely eventually be in Arlington in the next ten days.

Wasn't sure how I'd feel about this when I heard the news it was likely going to happen on Friday, but I think it will be good for both parties.

caleb_mccaig
04-27-2015, 03:19 PM
EDIT: Just saw that the Rangers are actually giving up nothing for Hamilton. The PTBNL and cash language was just used as a formality to get the deal done.

Phil C
04-27-2015, 03:28 PM
Good news indeed!

caleb_mccaig
04-27-2015, 03:39 PM
EDIT: Also just on Twitter that Hamilton paid $6 mil of his own money and vetoed a trade to another team which he wouldn't have had to have paid money to return to Texas.

slingshot
04-27-2015, 04:06 PM
Good deal for the Rangers... low risk/possible high return.

waterboy
04-27-2015, 04:08 PM
So, Hamilton "wanted" to come back to Texas? If the Rangers didn't give up anything, and can afford him, I'm all for it. I think he has a better support system in DFW for his ongoing personal fight to stay sober. It could be better for all involved, including Josh.

orange machine
04-27-2015, 04:29 PM
I think this is a great deal for first of Josh and secondly the Rangers. I get tired of people dogging on Josh for his comments when he left Texas for LA saying DFW is not a baseball town which is a factual statement. Then those who dog him about his addiction, those who do that should pull the plank out of their own eye before trying to pull the speck out of Josh's. Let those with no sin cast the first lot!!!

I'm fired up about this and hope all goes well. I don't look for him to win the triple crown, but I have no doubt he can still hit 20-25 Homers and drive in 75 rbi.

regaleagle
04-28-2015, 12:31 AM
Some people just have it all rolling off their shoulders and still can't make a smooth go of it in life. "Oh....but he's worked sooo hard to overcome his addictions!!!" Yeah, right. And playing professional baseball for a big paycheck ain't no party either, huh? Hahaha.....sure Bub, whatever you say. It's a rough world out there on that diamond and in the clubhouse......it's not all cake and cookies, ya know. Well.....I reckon not HOTSHOT!!! Just think of all the "other" things you could be doing for lots of money that would be whole lot more fun.....right???

panfan
04-28-2015, 07:07 AM
Sounds like he can afford some rehab - might want to get himself checked in and take care of this. Be a waste of talent to let that crap run your life.

Macarthur
04-29-2015, 09:07 AM
I think he's done. I really don't think there's anything left in the tank. I hope I'm wrong.