PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Steele (of Baylor Fame) now DC at LSU

Rabid Cougar
04-22-2015, 04:15 PM
WHAT THE HELL? Have the LSmU folks gone insane????

Rabid Cougar
04-22-2015, 04:18 PM
In his 4 years at Baylor he did the following...

•His team was outscored by over 1000 points at 1698-697
•Offense averaged 15.6 PPG
•Defense gave up 37.7 PPG
•His team failed to score a single point 7 times (16% of the time)
•Overall record of 9-36
•Conference 1-31
•Aggies beat his teams by an average of 26 points. Longhorns twice that.
•Lone conference win was a squeaker at 35-32 (KU finished the season with a record of 2-10)

Took clemson from #11 in total defense to #71 in his first year as DC

At Baylor his defenses were ranked, 102, 109, 88, and 89

New Taiton
04-23-2015, 01:36 PM
It's not really fair to compare Kevin Steele from 1999-2002 with Kevin Steele today.

Baylor was atrocious when he got there, they were atrocious when he was there, and they were then atrocious for another 10 years after he left.

I don't think you work for Nick Saban and not be a good coach. While I think LSU could've done much better, Steele will have stellar athletes at his disposal in Baton Rouge, light years better than his time in Waco and in Clemson and very close to his past roles in Tuscaloosa. I would wait to judge him for at least two years.

hookandladder
04-23-2015, 07:11 PM
It's not really fair to compare Kevin Steele from 1999-2002 with Kevin Steele today.

Baylor was atrocious when he got there, they were atrocious when he was there, and they were then atrocious for another 10 years after he left.

I don't think you work for Nick Saban and not be a good coach. While I think LSU could've done much better, Steele will have stellar athletes at his disposal in Baton Rouge, light years better than his time in Waco and in Clemson and very close to his past roles in Tuscaloosa. I would wait to judge him for at least two years.

Well hell yes, anybody can come into the sec and be successful because they have the best athletes in the nation. Just ask atm about their vaulted defense the last few years, LMAO and waiting for another ignorant ass comment from the know it all NT.

New Taiton
04-24-2015, 08:43 AM
Well hell yes, anybody can come into the sec and be successful because they have the best athletes in the nation. Just ask atm about their vaulted defense the last few years, LMAO and waiting for another ignorant ass comment from the know it all NT.

Hi hook. Your post above maintains your title as the most pathetic poster down here. The OP asks a legitimate question and gets a legitimate response. You, on the other hand, post the same nonsense we all expect from you.

As far as the bold in the quote goes, here's my "ignorant ass comment" that I'd love to see your response to:

In the 2014 NFL draft, the SEC had 49 draftees of which 11 were first rounders.

In the last five years, the SEC has had 241 draft picks, the ACC has had 169, the Big 10 with 154, PAC with 150, and the Big 12 with 124. The SEC has had more players drafted than any other conference in the last 8 years.

It's no secret that the SEC has had the best athletes for years, long before A&M was a conference member.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000350258/article/draft-by-the-numbers-sec-dominates-in-producing-nfl-talent

hookandladder
04-24-2015, 11:32 AM
Hi hook. Your post above maintains your title as the most pathetic poster down here. The OP asks a legitimate question and gets a legitimate response. You, on the other hand, post the same nonsense we all expect from you.

As far as the bold in the quote goes, here's my "ignorant ass comment" that I'd love to see your response to:

In the 2014 NFL draft, the SEC had 49 draftees of which 11 were first rounders.

In the last five years, the SEC has had 241 draft picks, the ACC has had 169, the Big 10 with 154, PAC with 150, and the Big 12 with 124. The SEC has had more players drafted than any other conference in the last 8 years.

It's no secret that the SEC has had the best athletes for years, long before A&M was a conference member.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000350258/article/draft-by-the-numbers-sec-dominates-in-producing-nfl-talent

And that did what for atm, worst freaking defense in the country. Just admit it, your aggys suck. Lol

New Taiton
04-24-2015, 11:51 AM
Ok. Aggy's suck.

This is not an aggy thread. This is a college football thread.

Now dispute that the SEC doesn't have the best athletes.

New Taiton
04-27-2015, 09:30 AM
http://www.premiumcrickets.com/images/products/crickets_fullgrown.jpg

hookandladder
04-27-2015, 11:17 AM
Ok. Aggy's suck.

This is not an aggy thread. This is a college football thread.

Now dispute that the SEC doesn't have the best athletes.

The problem is your team in the sec still SUCKS, that's all you can boast about is how good the sec is but in the end Your Team Still SUCKS. Win something first in the sec, until then you have nothing. Lol

New Taiton
04-27-2015, 11:31 AM
Dear Hook-

Thanks for your infatuation with my team.

Because we're in a thread about a coach for a different team, let's stick to the discussion.

The discussion at hand is me debunking your theory that the SEC doesn't have the best athletes. I provided documentation supporting my theory. You've yet to say anything with merit or fact and insist on posting on pure hatred and emotion. Please try not to be the most pathetic poster in this forum.

hookandladder
04-27-2015, 11:40 AM
Dear Hook-

Thanks for your infatuation with my team.

Because we're in a thread about a coach for a different team, let's stick to the discussion.

The discussion at hand is me debunking your theory that the SEC doesn't have the best athletes. I provided documentation supporting my theory. You've yet to say anything with merit or fact and insist on posting on pure hatred and emotion. Please try not to be the most pathetic poster in this forum.

NT, just the facts. Sec has great athletes but your aggys still sucks. Win something in the sec and then you can actually defend the conference. Until then, your team still sucks. Just the facts but you cannot handle the facts. Lol.

Rabid Cougar
04-27-2015, 12:28 PM
This **** is getting old.

caleb_mccaig
04-27-2015, 12:33 PM
I wasn't ecstatic with the hire, but how many assistants has LSU let walk and then the next one ends up being thought of as one of the best in the country?

Jimbo, Pelini, Chief to name a few. It would be VERY difficult IMO for Steele to somehow come in and dick up that defense. They may have the best secondary in the history of the SEC this year and most of their front seven won't be young and inexperienced when this year kicks off.

New Taiton
04-27-2015, 01:20 PM
NT, just the facts. Sec has great athletes but your aggys still sucks. Win something in the sec and then you can actually defend the conference. Until then, your team still sucks. Just the facts but you cannot handle the facts. Lol.

Again, the SEC has had the greatest athletes long before we were conference mates. I'm not defending the conference - unlike you, I'm giving examples as to why I believe the SEC has and has had the best athletes in the country.

Hook - thanks for making all of your posts related to Texas A&M some way and some how. It's pleasant to know how much space aggy takes up in that dome of yours.

Rabid Cougar
04-27-2015, 01:21 PM
I wasn't ecstatic with the hire, but how many assistants has LSU let walk and then the next one ends up being thought of as one of the best in the country?

Jimbo, Pelini, Chief to name a few. It would be VERY difficult IMO for Steele to somehow come in and dick up that defense. They may have the best secondary in the history of the SEC this year and most of their front seven won't be young and inexperienced when this year kicks off.

That's true. I could look good doing that job too.

hookandladder
04-27-2015, 01:26 PM
Again, the SEC has had the greatest athletes long before we were conference mates. I'm not defending the conference - unlike you, I'm giving examples as to why I believe the SEC has and has had the best athletes in the country.

Hook - thanks for making all of your posts related to Texas A&M some way and some how. It's pleasant to know how much space aggy takes up in that dome of yours.

You so easy, LMAO.