PDA

View Full Version : Had back surgery today yea!

orange machine
04-20-2015, 08:58 PM
Had a microdiscectomy this morning for a massive herniation in L5-S1. I've had the worst pain since November in my lower back and down my leg into my foot. I can proudly and happily say that my pain is gone and I'm so grateful. Worst pain I've ever been in.

Cam
04-20-2015, 09:14 PM
Had a microdiscectomy this morning for a massive herniation in L5-S1. I've had the worst pain since November in my lower back and down my leg into my foot. I can proudly and happily say that my pain is gone and I'm so grateful. Worst pain I've ever been in.

Great news OM! Glad to hear the pain is no more....It's amazing what these surgeons can do these days.....

orange machine
04-20-2015, 10:00 PM
Great news OM! Glad to hear the pain is no more....It's amazing what these surgeons can do these days.....

It's crazy my pain with the sciatica on a scale from 1-10 never got below a 7 and it was a 9-10 about half the time where I couldn't move and was screaming in pain. I walked like I was 110 years old for the most part. Now after surgery there is no pain just some mild discomfort in the surgical area. Your right it's crazy what surgeons who truly care about their patient can do. I can walk straight up and not have any pain at all praise God!!

hookandladder
04-21-2015, 06:14 AM

Man this is crazy, I have had the same pain for over 4 months. I had an MRI and XRays done last Tuesday, going in today for follow up to see what he found. Great to know you are feeling better after surgery, guess I should know in a few hours what is causing my pain.

pancho villa
04-21-2015, 08:28 AM
Had a ruptured disc between my L4 and L5 9 years ago.
It was like someone was stabbing me with a hot knife in my lower back, butt and calf.
Laid on the floor of the surgeon’s office to talk to him. Had to walk with crutches for a week before surgery.
1 hour after the surgery I got up and walked out a new man.
I’m glad you are ok now it is brutal.

orange machine
04-21-2015, 12:42 PM
Man this is crazy, I have had the same pain for over 4 months. I had an MRI and XRays done last Tuesday, going in today for follow up to see what he found. Great to know you are feeling better after surgery, guess I should know in a few hours what is causing my pain.

Man if the doc says you need a discectomy go for it. They have perfected it so much and when I was able to wake up after surgery I could tell immediately my pain was gone. 1 day post op today and I have not taken any pain meds or muscle relaxers the doc prescribed. My body is sore because of the way they have to put you on the operating table. Seriously though don't put it off, I went 6 months in this pain.

Phil C
04-21-2015, 02:53 PM
Great news indeed.

buckeyebob
04-21-2015, 05:59 PM
A word of caution...I've had the same with the same results...would do it over...but the Doctor will give the orders & I considered them as being merely suggestions...I reinjured the damn thing...not bad enough to let the wife know...Moral: mind for a change & don't get to feeling too good.

orange machine
04-21-2015, 06:07 PM
Oh I know my back is now my biggest baby. I've learned you can't do anything the hard way with a messed up back. I've already told people don't call me to help move furniture or lift anything heavy cause its not gonna happen.

44INAROW
04-21-2015, 08:52 PM
Glad to Hear your surgery was successful.. I'm headed that direction eventually but keep putting it off. 2 ruptured and 1 bulging disc. My oldest son is a physical therapist and he's helped me tremendously but he even says I will need the surgery in the future. I trust my orthopedic surgeon and that's half the battle. He did my husband's cervical fusions (4) in 1998 and hubby has been 99% pain free since. I hope you have a complete recovery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

orange machine
04-21-2015, 10:57 PM
Glad to Hear your surgery was successful.. I'm headed that direction eventually but keep putting it off. 2 ruptured and 1 bulging disc. My oldest son is a physical therapist and he's helped me tremendously but he even says I will need the surgery in the future. I trust my orthopedic surgeon and that's half the battle. He did my husband's cervical fusions (4) in 1998 and hubby has been 99% pain free since. I hope you have a complete recovery.

Don't put it off it just makes it worse when you do have to have surgery. I put it off also, but it finally kicked my but and I couldn't stand the pain anymore. Wish I would have had this fixed 5 months ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Don't put it off it just makes it worse when you do have to have surgery. I put it off also, but it finally kicked my but and I couldn't stand the pain anymore. Wish I would have had this fixed 5 months ago.

buckeyebob
04-23-2015, 08:09 AM
Insurance made me take the back injection series first...several months passed before the surgery...got to where codeine became a good friend...not good.

orange machine
04-23-2015, 11:58 AM
Insurance made me take the back injection series first...several months passed before the surgery...got to where codeine became a good friend...not good.

I'm 4 days post opt, still sore but not as bad. Still no pain in my leg or back but I do obviously have some nerve damage because my right foot on the bottom and outside gets numb and tingles when I walk.

orange machine
05-25-2015, 07:46 PM
Well its been little over a month since my surgery and life is great again. Pain is gone and I feel really good. I go back to the Doc June 2nd hopefully to get a full release to go back to everything being normal. In saying that my days of lifting heavy things and bending over wrong are over.

1st and goal
05-26-2015, 08:20 PM
Glad to hear you are better.

BwdLion73
05-26-2015, 09:41 PM
Well its been little over a month since my surgery and life is great again. Pain is gone and I feel really good. I go back to the Doc June 2nd hopefully to get a full release to go back to everything being normal. In saying that my days of lifting heavy things and bending over wrong are over.
Hope your still in a supervision or administrative position. 8 hours riding a district is rough on a back.

buckeyebob
05-26-2015, 10:21 PM

Remember the old films on lifting with your legs & keeping your back straight...there are some really nice tools to assist.

http://www.amazon.com/Amazing-Pickup-Rake-Lightweight-Ergonomic/dp/B00GBFUN6O

orange machine
05-26-2015, 11:47 PM
Remember the old films on lifting with your legs & keeping your back straight...there are some really nice tools to assist.

http://www.amazon.com/Amazing-Pickup-Rake-Lightweight-Ergonomic/dp/B00GBFUN6O

Yea it looks stupid, but when you have pain that makes you want to cut off your leg you learn to do things right after you get fixed lol. I'm still very cautious and apprehensive afraid of hurting myself.

buckeyebob
05-27-2015, 07:35 PM
Good...take it slow...I felt so fine I wanted to do it all...it is a time for caution...no hauling hay, sumo wrestling or weight lifting

Gen.Pat
06-09-2015, 06:58 PM
Prayers sent for you. How are you doing now?