PDA

View Full Version : Hunting ranches

Cam
04-20-2015, 03:52 PM
Anybody ever been to or heard of Los Encinos Ranch down in south Texas? If so, wondering what you know about it.

http://www.losencinosranch.com/index.php?page=main

MUSTANG69
04-22-2015, 12:10 PM
I have never been there but a friend of mine has. He said he would give his left testicle to get to go back. He said it was the best hunting experience he ever had.

Cam
04-22-2015, 01:51 PM
I have never been there but a friend of mine has. He said he would give his left testicle to get to go back. He said it was the best hunting experience he ever had.

....I'd give my left testicle too....but that would only leave me with two!!!.....:eek::eek::eek:

Good to hear what your friend said!...I was just "probing" you guys!........the owners are Sylvia and Paul. Sylvia is my sweet cousin!!!.....:D.....I'll have to relay what you said to them!......

regaleagle
04-23-2015, 10:47 PM
I'm a longtime Texas deer hunter and have hunted all parts of Texas. Los Encinos is well known to members of Texas Trophy Hunters and readers of their magazine. There have been some excellent bucks taken on that ranch over the years, and that county is well known for its abundant wildlife and excellent soils to support the habitat. The area is largely sparsely populated compared to other areas in the state and makes for excellent outdoor wildlife adventures......stressing the word "wild" in wildlife. I'd love to be able to hunt that ranch, or just take part in watching for big bucks during the season.

panfan
04-24-2015, 08:16 AM
....I'd give my left testicle too....but that would only leave me with two!!!.....:eek::eek::eek:

Good to hear what your friend said!...I was just "probing" you guys!........the owners are Sylvia and Paul. Sylvia is my sweet cousin!!!.....:D.....I'll have to relay what you said to them!......

So when ya gonna hook a brotha up with a hunting trip? You, me, G-dawg. We'll have G-dawg run zig zag patters out there on the ranch and we can take some warm up shots. I heard that sumbitch was shifty so he ought to make a good moving target.

BwdLion73
04-24-2015, 08:24 AM

I think your about to get a butt load of new best friends. :D

pancho villa
04-24-2015, 09:13 AM
Do they untie the animals before or after you shoot them.

Rabid Cougar
04-24-2015, 09:21 AM
So when does the State of Texas get it's share of the profits of taking animals owned by the Citizens of Texas? Yea not a big fan of high fenced "Hunting ranches".

44INAROW
04-24-2015, 09:43 AM

lol kinda like shooting fish in a barrell in my opinion.. we still do it the old fashioned way.. it's more fun and a lot cheaper :wave:

Rabid Cougar
04-24-2015, 10:08 AM
lol kinda like shooting fish in a barrell in my opinion.. we still do it the old fashioned way.. it's more fun and a lot cheaper :wave:

I'm right there with you on that 44. City folk dont understand being able to shoot them from your back porch while they stand under a feeder! :) Just messing with ya.

Cam
04-24-2015, 12:56 PM

...for you it would be "after"!!....:spitlol:

greendawg84
04-24-2015, 02:05 PM
So when ya gonna hook a brotha up with a hunting trip? You, me, G-dawg. We'll have G-dawg run zig zag patters out there on the ranch and we can take some warm up shots. I heard that sumbitch was shifty so he ought to make a good moving target.

Shifty ?!?!?! I might be ifin you was shoot'n at me ! Sounds like a road trip , you bring the beer ! :taunt:

Cam
04-25-2015, 08:44 AM

I'll see what I can do.....great idea on G-Dawg!...but maybe we need to add a flank strap to him to get him a little more riled up!!!....and I'll let YOU tie an extra piece of leather around his scrot for extra irritation!!!.....:doh:.....I'll bring the camera!!!....

bobcat1
04-25-2015, 11:27 AM
Not a fan of high fence hunting but this is over 2600 acres. I have always hunted low fence ranches and I like a lease for the year and not a weekend. If you shot a 180 class dear there it cost 10k so that puts me out.

panfan
04-28-2015, 07:04 AM
I'll see what I can do.....great idea on G-Dawg!...but maybe we need to add a flank strap to him to get him a little more riled up!!!....and I'll let YOU tie an extra piece of leather around his scrot for extra irritation!!!.....:doh:.....I'll bring the camera!!!....

You can have leather tying thing. Maybe able to pay one of the ranch hands enough to bulldog him and and do it.