04-16-2015, 10:44 AM
District 27-4A
Columbus 14, Sealy 4
Columbus 5-1
Sealy 3-4
Columbus yet to make up last Friday's game against Bay City

the genious
04-16-2015, 01:03 PM
What a poorly officiated game.. i felt sorry for both teams all night..

Phantom Stang
04-16-2015, 01:21 PM
District 2-4A
Sweetwater 5, Levelland 2
Lubbock Estacado 10, Big Spring 2
Snyder 18, Lamesa 1

80Jacket
04-16-2015, 01:30 PM
12 innings of poorly officiated game.

Roughneck93
04-16-2015, 09:23 PM
Stafford 8 Columbia 0

zebrablue2
04-18-2015, 09:09 AM
What a poorly officiated game.. i felt sorry for both teams all night..

One day in the NEAR future the coaches, or fans will be calling the games. Umps are declining at a rapid rate! I have done it for 40 years, and at age 55, well I don't know how much longer I got?:)
I know the quality is not so good in some games, but bare (BEAR):) with what and who is out there and adjust.
It has been several Tuesday's ( there are 5-7 games our chapter does not have enough officials to cover ), so there you go. It is sad, but people don't want to do it anymore!
If anyone can, try and join a chapter and help out the kids! They are the only reason I still do it, thanks...

Rabid Cougar
04-18-2015, 09:40 AM
One day in the NEAR future the coaches, or fans will be calling the games. Umps are declining at a rapid rate! I have done it for 40 years, and at age 55, well I don't know how much longer I got?:)
I know the quality is not so good in some games, but bare (BEAR):) with what and who is out there and adjust.
It has been several Tuesday's ( there are 5-7 games our chapter does not have enough officials to cover ), so there you go. It is sad, but people don't want to do it anymore!
If anyone can, try and join a chapter and help out the kids! They are the only reason I still do it, thanks...

I second Zebrablues thoughts. I am a first year ump. I used to say that it is easy to call balls and strikes and could see a player was safe at second from over 200 feet away from the stands. I'd give the blue hell because his strike zone stunk. It's easy to see that outside pitch was just off the black.

Yea sure.

I can assure you that there are no officials that go out to games and say to themselves " I am going to officiate a crappy game." Most put in lots of extra time preparing themselves through reading the rules and going to clinics (on their own dime). Generally the strike zone is the same for both teams. Adjust and move on. Bang Bang plays at bases. MLB has to use slow motion cameras to "get the right call". Try that on the "ball field" in Blum, Texas. You can make the correct call from the stands that the base ump cannot see from 10 feet away? I have had senior officials with 30 ,40 years experience boot a call. It happens. LORD knows i haven't been perfect this year either but I try like hell to be so.

I have always been a big proponent of "don't knock it until you tried it."

There was winner in the game so somebody was making the correct calls.

zebrablue2
04-25-2015, 09:15 AM
I second Zebrablues thoughts. I am a first year ump. I used to say that it is easy to call balls and strikes and could see a player was safe at second from over 200 feet away from the stands. I'd give the blue hell because his strike zone stunk. It's easy to see that outside pitch was just off the black.

Yea sure.

I can assure you that there are no officials that go out to games and say to themselves " I am going to officiate a crappy game." Most put in lots of extra time preparing themselves through reading the rules and going to clinics (on their own dime). Generally the strike zone is the same for both teams. Adjust and move on. Bang Bang plays at bases. MLB has to use slow motion cameras to "get the right call". Try that on the "ball field" in Blum, Texas. You can make the correct call from the stands that the base ump cannot see from 10 feet away? I have had senior officials with 30 ,40 years experience boot a call. It happens. LORD knows i haven't been perfect this year either but I try like hell to be so.

I have always been a big proponent of "don't knock it until you tried it."

There was winner in the game so somebody was making the correct calls.

Well said RC. The mouth in the stands will never be caught dead on the field:)))