PDA

View Full Version : Argyle Wins District in Almost All Sports

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 12:10 AM
Looks like the Eagles will be district champs in Baseball again this season with an 8-4 win over Aubrey tonite. They went undefeated in district play. The Eagles already won district or better in football, volleyball, basketball, (boys & girls), soccer(shared title) track, golf(boys & girls), and tennis. The Argyle Wind Ensemble placed first at the recent UIL Concert and Sight-reading contest, and the Symphonic Band won the Sweepstakes Trophy at the UIL State Concert. The Girls Track team took 2nd in the district meet and will advance to regionals as did the Girls Tennis team. Chase Roth won his 3rd straight State Wrestling Championship, and Jessie Sheridan signed with Cornerstone University in Michigan to play basketball and golf. Senior Pitcher Rixie Boyd signed recently to play baseball at the next level, but I couldn't find out with what university. Argyle currently leads 2nd place Wylie 73-60 in UIL Lone Star Cup points as of the end of basketball season. Argyle has won the Lone Star Cup the past 3 years and looks like they have a big lead this year going into the Academic Spring Meet. The UIL Academic State Meet happens in late May. The final standings are published July 1st after the State Academic Meet, baseball, and softball finals.

I realize all this sounds overwhelming for a 4A school with an enrollment just short of 700 competing against schools with hundreds more students, but the Argyle students work very hard to succeed in as many activities as is available. This is a very healthy atmosphere that develops character and leadership qualities that help these students compete at the next level and in the world thereafter. The world is now a very small place and very competitive. So it's not all about winning....it's about competing and achieving at all levels. Argyle is leading the way in 4A.

On a side note: I went out and saw those 2000+ houses being built in the new subdivision just west of I35 off FM 407. I think the new community is called HARVEST, but I can't quite remember. Looks like about 500 homes are built so far, but several large tracts are already under construction for the lot layouts and roads to be added to the rest of the development. The sign said Argyle/Northwest ISD.....so I guess it will either have a dividing line or there will be a "choice". Not sure if the choice includes Byron Nelson High School as well as Justin Northwest High School....both are in the Northwest ISD. Byron Nelson High School usually encompasses a different boundary map that includes the Trophy Club/Roanoke areas south of Argyle....not the western region. My guess is there is a dividing line boundary somewhere in the new development that will determine which schools the students will attend. If that's the case, then perhaps only half or less of the families located in that development will be eligible to attend Argyle schools. I'll have to ask around to find out what the deal really is.

Aguilafanatico
04-13-2015, 08:43 AM
Rixie signed with Paris JC along with Cutter MacDonald. Markwardt is headed to Abilene Christian.