PDA

View Full Version : cost to build a stadium?

orange machine
04-09-2015, 09:10 AM
What do yall suppose it would cost to build a stadium 20 rows high that stretchs from 25 to 25 yard line with a single story press box? Home side only.

Emerson1
04-09-2015, 09:49 AM
What do yall suppose it would cost to build a stadium 20 rows high that stretchs from 25 to 25 yard line with a single story press box? Home side only.

For just a new set of bleachers and press box or starting with a blank slate?

orange machine
04-09-2015, 11:16 AM
For just a new set of bleachers and press box or starting with a blank slate?

Starting from scratch. As in taking the existing home stands down and building new ones.

Trashman
04-09-2015, 11:25 AM

Bare bones? $500,000. for materials alone, and then another $500,000 for labor.

Scoop27
04-09-2015, 11:31 AM
East Bernard tried to pass a bond to build a new football stadium and it failed twice.
Their old one is in bad shape with very little space from the field to a small fence since there is no track.

orange machine
04-09-2015, 11:31 AM
Ok my bad its 20 to 20 yard line 20 rows high just like Gainesville's stadium. Here is a pic of the Grandstands.

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=1309

Emerson1
04-09-2015, 12:06 PM
So starting from scratch as in everything is there already...

movethechain
04-09-2015, 12:33 PM
Starting from scratch. As in taking the existing home stands down and building new ones.

Gilmer did this 2 or 3 years ago and IIRC it was something like 1.2 mil, but there may have been other projects included in that amount. Turned out VERY nice. Shame we only got to play 2 homes games there this past season.

wyliefan
04-09-2015, 12:41 PM
a few years ago Wylie added 2,000 seats, (about 1,200 were chair backs) , pressbox and addition to the locker rooms. The total cost was $3.5 million.

Saggy Aggie
04-09-2015, 01:00 PM
So starting from scratch as in everything is there already...

Lol I was waiting for this response

orange machine
04-09-2015, 02:45 PM
The town I work in the school is installing field turf and they are in need of upgrading the home side bleachers. So I was just curious as to what people thought the cost might be.

Yoe_09
04-09-2015, 08:38 PM
Cameron passed one that included 2 million for the football field. New home/visitors stands, turf, and re-done entry.

Phantom Stang
04-09-2015, 08:42 PM
I'll say $1.4 million.

Rabid Cougar
04-09-2015, 09:22 PM
Cameron passed one that included 2 million for the football field. New home/visitors stands, turf, and re-done entry.

New turf baseball field/complex included in that too.

buckeyebob
04-10-2015, 08:03 AM
Gilmer did this 2 or 3 years ago and IIRC it was something like 1.2 mil, but there may have been other projects included in that amount. Turned out VERY nice. Shame we only got to play 2 homes games there this past season.

Pic of GHS Stadium...included tear down & new stadium & press box, elevator, new turf on a warranty basis (do not remember what that amount was) & some site work in parking lot, etc

Rattler
04-10-2015, 08:47 AM
http://www.southernbleacher.com/

You can go here and see some of the projects that Ragin Red and I work on..

Cam
04-10-2015, 10:00 AM
A new era has begun in Burnet....our grass field is no more...

this was this morning:

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/DSC_0663.jpg

panfan is driving that thing!....he's already backed into the corner of the home side bleachers and nicked the scoreboard!.....yesterday he was seen tryin' to run over a skunk and the day before was doing donuts at the 50 yard line!......Can somebody come get this guy??.....

....this is all Greendawg's fault!.....

BwdLion73
04-10-2015, 10:02 AM

I can save you some money if you would like the Blue Prints to our stadium restrooms.

Cam
04-10-2015, 11:26 AM
I can save you some money if you would like the Blue Prints to our stadium restrooms.

don't fall for it orange machine!.....have you seen those horse troughs they have in Brownwood?......I immediately got stage fright last time I was there.........:crazy1:

Yoe_09
04-10-2015, 12:20 PM
New turf baseball field/complex included in that too.

Yes. Football stadium is looking great, but I'm really looking forward to seeing what this will look like when it's all done. 2.25 million from the bond is going towards 1 field and storage facility. The Cameron Economic Development Corporation will be building 2 other fields, an event center, plus all the parking.

All the fields will be turf (infield & outfield). Not sure if there are any like that in the Centex area. I know Mumford has a turf field. Franklin has the Ranch complex (which is very nice) with turf infields.

The high school field will probably have some extras on it....improved seating plus a scoreboard that will include what appears to be a good size video screen. All 3 fields are supposed to have excellent viewing down the lines for seating. I'm not sure what the overall cost of phase I of the project is. I know a 1 million dollar grant was given to help cover infrastructure costs.

Also, there could be multiple phases to this project. The first 3 fields will be high school eligible. There is definitley potential for phase II which could include smaller fields with a 4-plex. Similar to Riverbend in Waco.

I'll try to post some pics later. It is coming along nicely!

Rabid Cougar
04-10-2015, 01:34 PM

this was this morning:

panfan is driving that thing!....he's already backed into the corner of the home side bleachers and nicked the scoreboard!.....yesterday he was seen tryin' to run over a skunk and the day before was doing donuts at the 50 yard line!......Can somebody come get this guy??.....

Have to keep up with the Jones in the Waco District.

orange machine
04-10-2015, 01:40 PM
don't fall for it orange machine!.....have you seen those horse troughs they have in Brownwood?......I immediately got stage fright last time I was there.........:crazy1:

Yes ive seen them its awful lol.

Bosqueville
04-10-2015, 01:58 PM

Stage fright.. that made me laugh.

Cam
04-10-2015, 02:40 PM
Have to keep up with the Jones in the Waco District.

....:thinking:....don't be confusin' me like that Rabid!....You had me scratchin' my head since our head coach is a Jones...wasn't sure what you were sayin' there for a minute or an hour there......
but just to stir the pot some....them Waco district teams need to keep up with our Jones!!....since Burnet pretty much whooped all them Waco folks...(they do owe La Vega one!)...and, them Bulldogs gonna do it again this year!!!.....:stirpot::taunt:.......it's never too early for some banter!.....

BwdLion73
04-10-2015, 03:31 PM
Yes ive seen them its awful lol.

I swear you and cam are as bad as them Wylie girlie men. :D:D

Cam
04-10-2015, 03:37 PM
I swear you and cam are as bad as them Wylie girlie men. :D:D

....:spitlol:.....did you just call me a Jenner??......

BwdLion73
04-10-2015, 04:49 PM
....:spitlol:.....did you just call me a Jenner??......

I think he would like our restrooms...not that that there's anything wrong with that.

Yoe_09
04-13-2015, 12:24 PM
http://www.southernbleacher.com/

You can go here and see some of the projects that Ragin Red and I work on..

What price range would the Graham baseball bleachers be? Brownwood softball?

greendawg84
04-14-2015, 08:37 AM

this was this morning:

Not me dude ! I loves me some grass ! Guess it saves water , but Im still old school !

Rattler
04-14-2015, 09:40 AM
What price range would the Graham baseball bleachers be? Brownwood softball?

Im not is sales but I think around $250 per seat. Graham was 1500 seats with a roof.

panfan
04-15-2015, 07:56 AM

this was this morning:

ok - I'll admit to dingin' up the stands and scoreboard, and chasin the skunk, but the other stuff is all lies. I was chasing down G-dawg out there who was pissin on the grass markin his territory. He was running around in circles, peeing, so I was driving in circles. When it was all said and done, we scooped up what he marked loaded it ona trailer and G-dawg now has a big ol patch of 50 yard line at his house.

greendawg84
04-15-2015, 09:58 AM
Now that right there is funny , dont care who you are !

Aesculus gilmus
04-15-2015, 08:27 PM
This says the Buckeye Stadium renovation cost $2 million.

http://www.news-journal.com/news/2013/aug/27/gilmer-buckeyes-to-debut-renovated-stadium/

buckeyebob
04-17-2015, 06:36 AM

Wanna save money...Buckeye's visitor side facilities...no urinals...we have open pee troughs...Visitor comforts are not a high priority...I have suggested that we have the same for the females...little extra expense for grab bars

Phantom Stang
04-17-2015, 12:42 PM

This post reminds me of the men's rooms at Bobcat Stadium in San Marcos, where you literally step up on a platform to expose yourself.

jrhernandez7
04-17-2015, 06:55 PM
I wish Smithville would finally get around to put a stadium up for discussion. I can make an argument we need one worse than anybody in the State.
The natural rivalries with La Grange, and Giddings would only intensify with a modern day HS Stadium. When all 3 are good it gets fun around here.