PDA

View Full Version : This is Masters Week: Who will don the Green Jacket?

regaleagle
04-07-2015, 01:07 AM
The weather forecast this week for Augusta includes thunderstorms on Tues. and Wed. before the first round gets underway on Thurs. That should make the greens soft and the course play longer. Bubba Watson can hit it long. Jordan Spieth(Dallas) is only 21 and is a favorite. Jimmy Walker(Boerne) leads the Tour this season in points and has been on a tear. Tiger(39) hasn't shown much lately but has been at Augusta for a week now. Mickelson is now 45, and knows the course well. Maybe with the soft greens it will be a young phenom that has a hot putter on Sunday. There's Dustin Johnson that can hit it long and has game. Rory McIlroy and Adam Scott should not be discounted to contend. Jason Day and Henrik Stenson have been playing great golf for over a year and are ranked in the Top Ten in the world. At age 63, Ben Crenshaw announced this will be his last Masters. Tom Watson is 65 and will also be teeing it up, but I think he's still planning on winning, haha. Craig Stadler(now 61) will not only play but will also see his son Kevin(35) playing 2 groups ahead of him on Thursday. Sergio's been playing well lately too, but there's so many truly talented players in the field this week that it's virtually impossible to guess how this year's tournament will play out. And with the soft greens and possibility of inclimate stormy weather, that brings a ton of newbies into the mix. Me personally.....well I like Bubba, Jimmy, and Jordan. But what I really like is just watching as much of the tournament action as possible.

regaleagle
04-07-2015, 01:20 AM
A couple of other golfers of note to win would be Matt Kuchar, Brandt Snedeker and Ricky Fowler. Normally, an intimate knowledge of the course seems to be of great benefit to those that have won here or played well here before. But with soft conditions, I believe the players will be able to play aggressively and just shoot for the pins....as opposed to how this course plays when the greens are dry and therefore much more difficult to "master".

pancho villa
04-07-2015, 08:12 AM
The golfer that hits the ball the fewest times will win.

hollywood
04-07-2015, 08:23 AM
Can't wait. One of my favorite sporting events of the year!

bobcat1
04-07-2015, 06:33 PM
Tiger of course.

regaleagle
04-08-2015, 06:30 PM
The golfer that hits the ball the fewest times will win.

You got that right pancho.....one putt counts the same as a 300 yd. drive down the middle.

1st and goal
04-09-2015, 02:54 PM
drive for show, putt for dough.

Jordan Spieth (sp?)

regaleagle
04-09-2015, 11:02 PM
After Day 1, young Texan Jordan Spieth leads the field by 3 strokes with 8 under par. What a great round to shoot at the Masters. He played very well, but putted great. Sergio had a pretty good round at 4 under, and Tom Watson broke par at age 65. Jason Day ended his round 5 under, and Ernie Els, the Big Easy, shot a great opening round of 5 under par. Tomorrow will bring a tougher setup of pins and faster, dryer greens. If Jordan can keep his greens in regulation at a high percentage, he should be able to do well putting. I don't see the driving to be that much of an issue on this course....mainly the approach shots to the green.....and what happens when the ball hits those greens if they are fast and dry. Obviously, longer drives off the tee mean shorter irons to the green.....which can make a big difference when the setup is tough.

hookandladder
04-10-2015, 06:13 AM
This tournament is by far the best one of the year, making my plans to be there in 3 years. Gotta wait for the wife to retire, I am ready. Pulling for Jordan all the way, guy is solid.Hookem.

bobcat1
04-10-2015, 06:19 AM
This tournament is by far the best one of the year, making my plans to be there in 3 years. Gotta wait for the wife to retire, I am ready. Pulling for Jordan all the way, guy is solid. Hookem.
Exactly! He is solid in mind and swing.

jason
04-10-2015, 08:27 AM
I'm in a pool...

I took D. Johnson, J. Day, and J. Walker

hollywood
04-10-2015, 08:56 AM
Smooth Ernie is a definite contender this year. Realistically, it's way too early in this Masters to determine a winner. Anyone sitting -1 or better could don the Green Jacket.

hookandladder
04-10-2015, 10:11 AM
I'm in a pool...

I took D. Johnson, J. Day, and J. Walker

Those are all good choices, I really like Day.

44INAROW
04-10-2015, 10:37 AM
Those are all good choices, I really like Day.

my youngest has $$ on Day as well......... my feelings wouldn't be hurt if Ernie pulled it off.. I've always liked him

Cam
04-10-2015, 10:43 AM
So my wife recently changed fabric softeners from Downey to Suavitel...now my nuts are itching something wicked!....Could this be a result of the change in softeners?.....uhhh.....oh sorry, I just realized I'm on the wrong forum!!!......:blush:.....how bout that Spieth??.....did anyone see Caddyshack??.....Go Tiger!.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaqGBF9nUb8

44INAROW
04-10-2015, 11:49 AM
So my wife recently changed fabric softeners from Downey to Suavitel...now my nuts are itching something wicked!....Could this be a result of the change in softeners?.....uhhh.....oh sorry, I just realized I'm on the wrong forum!!!......:blush:.....how bout that Spieth??.....did anyone see Caddyshack??.....Go Tiger!.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaqGBF9nUb8

Noonan :)

regaleagle
04-10-2015, 12:35 PM
Jordan Spieth's group had an early teetime today, and he's leaving the field in the dust so far. He's now 12 under thru 13 holes today and needs one more birdie to set Masters tournament history thru 2 rounds. Go Jordan!!! He could come back to the field, but his mindset and set of skills lead one to believe that will not happen today, at least. He will force the contenders to change their approach to the rest of the tournament in order to stay within reasonable contention of the lead for Sunday's finale. We're not even thru 2 rounds yet, but this course and tournament traditionally gets tougher on Saturday and Sunday. A huge lead going into Saturday is a dream come true for any golfer on this course and in this first of the majors tournament. Some leaderboard golfers haven't even teed off for their 2nd round yet and find themselves 8 shots back.

regaleagle
04-10-2015, 12:40 PM
Check that....he's now 13 under after completing the 13th hole today. That's 13 under after playing 31 holes in this tournament so far.....amazing!!!

regaleagle
04-10-2015, 12:57 PM
The Masters scoring record thru 36 holes is 13 under set by Raymond Floyd many many years ago....can Jordan surpass that mark today??? He's in the 15th fairway right now at 13 under and without a bogey on his card so far. One more birdie and just pars the rest of the way and he'll set a new Masters record thru 36 holes.

regaleagle
04-10-2015, 01:01 PM
BTW, I'm tuning into the GOLF Channel for this play by play update right now. The actual televised action occurs on ESPN today at 2 pm CDT.

regaleagle
04-10-2015, 01:04 PM
The closest competitor is Charlie Hoffman, who is 7 under thru 11 holes so far. He was at 5 under after yesterday's opening round, but has lost 3 more strokes to Spieth today so far. And he is the CLOSEST competitor at 6 shots back up to this point.

regaleagle
04-10-2015, 01:10 PM
Ernie Els has completed his 2nd round today and shot par 72 to remain at 5 under for the tournament. Par on this golf course is considered a very good round.

regaleagle
04-10-2015, 01:14 PM
Guess what.....Jordan just birdied the 15th hole and now stands at 14 under. If he pars in he will set a Masters 36-hole record that has stood since 1976.

Phil C
04-10-2015, 01:16 PM
Go Jordan go!

regaleagle
04-10-2015, 01:25 PM
Spieth just parred the 176-yd par 3 16th hole and now has just 2 holes left in this historic round to best the rest in the history of this game at Augusta....or any other Major for that matter. Charley Hoffman has managed to get his score to 9 under so far thru 13 holes today, another great round for Charley after his opening round of 5 under. He's 4 under today, so maybe the course is ripe for birdies today. We'll see how the others do as the coverage begins starting at 2 PM.

regaleagle
04-10-2015, 01:40 PM
Jordan just parred hole #17 and now needs just a par at the 18th hole to eclipse history at Augusta. One more birdie and he will eclipse all Majors 36-hole totals. Can he birdie the 18th hole today? Not very likely, but if it happens.....WOW.

regaleagle
04-10-2015, 01:44 PM
Now Charley Hoffman has birdied the 14th...his 3rd straight birdie....to pull to 10 under par to match his round yesterday at 5 under for the day. Charley has won 3 times on the PGA tour so far, and 10 under is just a great score to put up thru 2 rounds. He's not finished yet, so stay tuned. He may cut Jordan's lead somewhat, but Jordan's lead was 3 strokes yesterday at the end of play.

regaleagle
04-10-2015, 01:58 PM
The scorecard is in.....Jordan pars the 18th for a 6 under 66 to go with his opening round of 64. He has made Masters history, and tied lowest 36-hole score in Majors history at 130. Charley Hoffman is still out on the course at 10 under....a score that would normally be considered stupendous after just 2 rounds in this tournament.

regaleagle
04-10-2015, 02:34 PM
Tiger finishes his round today at 2 under 70 and is 2 under for the tournament.....ONLY 12 shots back, haha. Jimmy Walker(Boerne) was playing in the same group and is at even par. He's got a long way to go and only 36 holes left to get there......doesn't look like it will be his week. A Top Ten finish would be a great finish for Walker this week.

regaleagle
04-10-2015, 02:43 PM
Jason Day and Sergio Garcia both shoot 74 today to go backwards. Fifty-something Mark O'Meara fired a 68 today to stand at 4 under and will easily make the cut. Charley Hoffman is in trouble on 18 and looks like he may bogey that one to finish his round at 9 under.

regaleagle
04-10-2015, 02:49 PM
Hoffman bogeys his only hole at #18 today to shoot a fine round of 4 under par for a tournament total of 9 under. He will be playing with Jordan Spieth tomorrow.....unless some miracle happens later today with one of the players still on the course.

regaleagle
04-10-2015, 02:55 PM
Two over par(+2) is the projected cutline for playing tomorrow and Sunday.....and getting in the money. Most players are more concerned with making the cut than making a paycheck this week.....but making the cut means making a paycheck, so they are interconnected.

regaleagle
04-10-2015, 03:22 PM
Now that I'm able to watch today's action on ESPN, and see how the course is really playing.....well Jordan Spieth's round of 66 with no bogeys must have been almost perfect. The conditions are not superfast or uncontrollable.....in fact they are very conducive to scoring as far as Masters conditions go. But the course setup still requires excellence in order to best par for a score, and I reckon if it doesn't rain later today or tonite in Augusta then tomorrow's conditions will be more difficult. That makes Jordan's 5-shot lead all the more difficult to overcome as the tournament progresses into Sunday. Of course, we aren't finished with the 2nd round yet, and lots can happen between now and the last 9 holes on Sunday. Jordan could hit a wall, or just have a few bad holes and give back a substantial part of that lead....but so can anybody else. He's sittin' in the catbird seat right now, for sure.

regaleagle
04-10-2015, 03:32 PM
Mickelson's all over the holes on this round, but is just missin' on the birdie putts. Look out for him in the next two rounds....he knows his way around this course better than most and is a lefty. This course tends to favor lefties.....like Bubba Watson also. He's won twice in the past 3 years here. Mickelson's won twice here. I'd really like to see Jordan wear that Green Jacket on Sunday, though. He almost did last year at age 20, but came in 2nd on his first attempt here.

regaleagle
04-10-2015, 03:38 PM
Kevin Na is making a run today.....he's 6 under on the course today and 4 under for the tournament. He's a very good putter and that seems to be at a premium on these greens. Of course, hitting your approaches in the zone on the green where you can realistically make a birdie is a prerequisite of shooting under par and a very low score. It appears both Mickelson and Na are doing that so far like Spieth and Hoffman did earlier today.

regaleagle
04-10-2015, 03:39 PM
Dustin Johnson gets to 5 under par now after a birdie on 14. Don't count him out in this tournament.....he got game, baby.

regaleagle
04-10-2015, 03:54 PM
Ironically, Ben Crenshaw was the last golfer here at the Masters in Augusta to win after leading in the first round(1995). If fellow UT player Jordan Spieth accomplishes that same feat this year in Crenshaw's last Masters, one could say the baton has been passed. Needless to say, Crenshaw has mentored Jordan on the nuances of Augusta with his wealth of knowledge and history of the game. What a fitting end that would be for this year's tournament.

regaleagle
04-10-2015, 03:59 PM
Dustin Johnson has an advantage on the par 5's with his length, as does Mickelson, and still has 2 par 5's left in his round today to make birdies to close the gap. Of course, he needs to not make bogeys on the other holes as well. He's not as proficient with his putter as Spieth is, but if he can get close enough to the pins, then he may be able to put together some low rounds in the coming days.

regaleagle
04-10-2015, 04:04 PM
Johnson just put his 2nd shot within 2 feet on the first of those two remaining par 5's, and will be putting for eagle. If he converts, he will go to -7 for the tournament with another par 5 left to play today.

regaleagle
04-10-2015, 04:07 PM
Justin Rose puts one close at the par 3 to try and go to 7 under in the tournament. He's been on a steady good round today, also. He's a good putter and has won here in the past.

regaleagle
04-10-2015, 04:12 PM
Adam Scott makes eagle on the par 5 just like Dustin Johnson did on this hole. Scott's shot was about 3 feet away and Johnson's was about 2 feet away. They are paired together today. That is Johnson's 3rd eagle of the day.....unbelievable. He has eagled EVERY par 5 in this round so far today. That's what length can do for you at Augusta National. Tiger used to do the same thing here.....remember???

regaleagle
04-10-2015, 04:15 PM
I reckon Jordan is watching some of this action and seeing these birdies and eagles, knowing he will need to shoot below par in the next two rounds to keep his name atop the leaderboard.

regaleagle
04-10-2015, 04:19 PM
Rose converts his birdie to go 7 under for the tournament. Johnson is the first player to ever eagle 3 holes at the Masters in one round. Can he make it 4 on all the par 5's???

regaleagle
04-10-2015, 04:21 PM
Johnson just birdied the 16th par 3 from a long way away. Now he goes to 6 under on today's round and 8 under for the tournament.

regaleagle
04-10-2015, 04:24 PM
So far, Jordan Spieth's 6 under par 66 is the best round of the day, but Dustin Johnson is at 6 under today with a double bogey in the round and two holes left.

regaleagle
04-10-2015, 04:27 PM
Maybe I should have been a sports broadcaster or journalist....I sure like doing this stuff.

regaleagle
04-10-2015, 04:34 PM
Mickelson and McIlroy are paired together today and are currently playing the short 510 yd par 5 right now. McIlroy is on the cutline at +2 and Mickelson is currently -3, but they have this par 5 and another left in their round today.

regaleagle
04-10-2015, 04:37 PM
Crenshaw is making his way around the course today on his last trip here. He had a birdie a few holes back and is in position to maybe birdie another one now.

regaleagle
04-10-2015, 04:45 PM
Rory McIlroy puts his shot within 18" of the pin on the par 5 13th for an eagle putt. Mickelson is about a foot off the green but only 10 feet from the pin. Both will be putting for eagles.

regaleagle
04-10-2015, 04:49 PM
Mickelson opts to chip it in, but misses and will make birdie to go 4 under. Bubba Watson finishes at 2 under after today's round. McIlroy eagles 13 and will go to even par for the tournament. Johnson tees off on 18 and finds the trees on the right side of the fairway.

regaleagle
04-10-2015, 04:51 PM
Paul Casey birdies the par 5 15th to go to 7 under. Crenshaw pars the par 3 16th.

regaleagle
04-10-2015, 04:55 PM
Saturday on the PGA tour is called "moving day". Looks like that is what is happening today on Friday at the Masters, though. There's lots of movement going on to get your name on that leaderboard going into the weekend.

regaleagle
04-10-2015, 05:01 PM
Dustin Johnson misses his putt on 18 to bogey the last hole and shoot a 67. Spieth still has the low round of the day, despite Johnson's 3 eagles on the round.

regaleagle
04-10-2015, 05:13 PM
In describing his eagle scores today, Johnson is talking about how he couldn't have hit his 3 iron any better on that hole.....it was 250-plus yards, haha.... a 3 iron. If I'm lucky I might be able to hit mine 200 yds, and I'm a single handicapper. But heck, these guys play with the best equipment and are young and strong. I wish I had their equipment, including today's golfballs, when I was their age. Heck, I can remember when I was their age all I could hit my 3 iron was 185....that's just how good the equipment is today. I hit it as long or longer now than I did then with the newer equipment. That's why the Seniors are playing so well at their ages. I'm one of them at age 60. It makes playing the game that much more satisfying.

regaleagle
04-10-2015, 05:26 PM
And Gentle Ben Crenshaw, gracious as always, will now make his final putt in competition on the PGA Tour at the Masters. He finishes with great applause and adoration as he hugs his longtime caddie Carl Jackson and then his wife and daughters. Into the sunset walks one great golfer and another looms on the horizon....both with deep roots in Texas and UT alums. Ben won this tournament 20 yrs. ago for the 2nd time. Bubba Watson is waiting at the 18th donned in his Green Jacket from last season as a tribute to Ben as he walks into the clubhouse to post his final scorecard in the Masters. Thank you Gentle Ben for all the wonderful years you exemplified this game with great dignity, character, and love. I followed you from the 1st tee to the 18th hole in your last win at the Byron Nelson Classic, and witnessed your artistry firsthand. It was a thing of beauty.

regaleagle
04-10-2015, 05:39 PM
Kevin Na also shot a 66 today to tie Spieth for the low round of the day. I believe he moved up the leaderboard to 4 under with a 6 under on today's round. He's a highly ranked putter on the tour.

regaleagle
04-10-2015, 05:43 PM
Mickelson has not been able to capitalize today at Augusta with his length and knowledge, and remains at 3 under. Playing partner Rory McIlroy has not played well either, and he remains at one over for the tournament. Ryan Palmer is also in the group and is playing well at 4 under. He's playing one of the best rounds of the day. Mickelson just put it within several feet of the pin on 17 for his second shot. He'll birdie that one to go 4 under.

regaleagle
04-10-2015, 05:54 PM
McIlroy chips one in at 17 from off the green to birdie the hole and get to even par. Mickelson makes his birdie and now goes to 6 under....not 4 under. I must have missed a few shots along the way. Looks like he's positioned himself for a good spot in tomorrow's round to contend with the leaders.

regaleagle
04-10-2015, 05:59 PM
And I see that McIlroy is now 1 under, not even par. His shot to the green on 18 is within birdie range, for sure.....above the hole about 15 feet.

regaleagle
04-10-2015, 06:01 PM
Mickelson will have a putt of about 25 feet here....downhill and quick with a slight turn downward....for birdie. He needs to be careful here not to hit it too hard.....it is makeable downhill though.

regaleagle
04-10-2015, 06:05 PM
It's the right touch but misses left, and he will tap that in for a par to finish at 6 under and be in one of the final groups tomorrow. McIlroy makes the birdie and finishes 40-31 to match yesterday's round at 71. He is now 2 under for the tournament....don't count out a guy that can shoot a 31 on 9 holes....twice in a row.

regaleagle
04-10-2015, 06:13 PM
As Day 2 ends at the Masters, Jordan Spieth extended his lead to 5 strokes over Charley Hoffman with a tournament total of 14 under par. There are 3 golfers at 7 under, and Mickelson, the lefty, lurks at 6 under with 2 rounds left. Hoffman and Spieth will be paired in the last group tomorrow, watching as all the other leaders post their scores. That puts some pressure on a leader right there, and some players just don't look at the leaderboard until they reach the last few holes.

hollywood
04-10-2015, 08:34 PM
Wow... regal, you are all over this year's Masters! Good stuff. Keep it coming!

regaleagle
04-10-2015, 08:47 PM
For Jordan Spieth, shooting par or better should help him maintain a top spot on the leaderboard going into Sunday's final round. He cannot afford a huge hiccup tomorrow, nor do I think he will. His game is one of consistency and quality putting. It is very possible to double bogey holes at Augusta National, but there's also holes that can be birdied and even eagled. So balance in the scorecard is the name of the game for Spieth now.....and course management. Not sure about the weather forecast tomorrow.....it may rain.

regaleagle
04-10-2015, 09:12 PM
Unfortunately, I've committed to be in Ft.Worth tomorrow on business and will not be available for the play by play schtick. I'll watch the replay on ESPN tomorrow nite and then be back for live action for the final round on Sunday.

regaleagle
04-10-2015, 09:50 PM
I will admit the chocolate fudge w/pecans in it that my son picked up at the new Buc-ees in Temple is very rich and hard to put down, lol.

regaleagle
04-10-2015, 09:52 PM
It was the perfect capper to the ribeyes I grilled this evening with a nice baked potatoe.....simple and yummy.

regaleagle
04-10-2015, 10:10 PM
Television live coverage begins at 2 PM on CBS Saturday, but will begin at 1 PM on Sunday. ESPN hands the final rounds off to CBS for weekend coverage, as usual. You can go to the GOLF Channel early and listen to the updates til the 2 pm airing begins. That's usually reserved for the "hardcore fans" out there....like me.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 12:51 PM
Well the trip to Ft. Worth today was postponed until next week, so looks like I will get to watch Day 3 of the Masters live on CBS starting at 2pm. So far today, Ricky Fowler has made a move and is 5 under on his round out on the course. He started the day at +1 and is now 4 under par for the tournament.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 01:21 PM
Tiger is paired with Sergio today and has birdied 3 of the first 4 holes to get to 7 under early in Round 3. Tiger and Sergio don't exactly prefer each other's company, but I guess on the golf course a certain competition may develop that could help each of them today.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 01:39 PM
The course appears to be set up for some low scoring by those that hit it well today. The weather is absolutely perfect and the greens are still soft enough to hold the long approach shots. This kind of condition will favor aggressive play and good putting.....allowing for the field to make up shots on the leaders if a player putts and plays well. A dryer and faster setup of the greens would make the scoring more difficult and therefore favor those already on the leaderboard.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 01:45 PM
The final few pairings will begin teeing off shortly, and the final pairing of Spieth/Hoffman is scheduled for a 1:55 time slot. The TV live coverage on CBS begins at 2 PM, but they will most probably show some tape delays off the first tee for the last 3 or 4 groups.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 01:53 PM
Rory McIlroy is now 6 under for the tournament and is 4 under after the first 9 holes after 2 birdies and an eagle with no bogeys so far in today's round. He's on the 10th tee paired with Bubba Watson, who triple bogeyed the first hole today but has recovered to shoot even par thru the first 9 holes and remains at 2 under for the tournament. He won the Masters twice in the last 3 years and is last year's champion.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 01:55 PM
The leaders pairing of Spieth/Hoffman just teed off and now every group has teed off for today's Round 3 action.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 02:10 PM
Both Spieth and Hoffman par the first hole with 2 putts each. Mickelson is now 7 under after 2 holes and is within 2 feet for another birdie on the par 5 3rd hole. Tiger just birdied another one to get to 6 under on the leaderboard. That was on the par 5 8th hole. McIlroy has now climbed to 6 under on the leaderboard, but he has just completed the 10th hole. Spieth will need some birdies today to keep his lead intact, and to protect against some possible bogeys.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 02:17 PM
McIlroy just hit another one close on the 11th green. Mickelson birdied the par 5 3rd to go to 8 under now. Tiger and Sergio are playing the 9th hole now. Spieth and Hoffman are on the 2nd hole. McIlroy misses his birdie attempt on the 11th hole, so he will remain at 6 under

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 02:19 PM
Spieth catches the flagstick on his chip at the 2nd hole, but will have a tricky downhill slider from about 6-7 feet. Hoffman is about the same distance below the hole.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 02:22 PM
Spieth steps up and makes the downhill breaking putt for birdie on the 3rd hole to go 15 under par. Now Hoffman will attempt his birdie putt up the hill and right to left. He comes up short so he stays at 9 under.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 02:27 PM
Mickelson birdies his 3rd straight hole out of only 4 holes played today to go to 9 under to tie Hoffman in 2nd place. Spieth is at 15 under and playing the 3rd hole.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 02:34 PM
Mickelson is 2 groups ahead of Spieth, and Dustin Johnson is one group ahead of Spieth. Johnson and Paul Casey are both tied for 3rd at 8 under par. Casey is on the 5th hole with Mickelson. Spieth just misses his birdie on the 3rd hole, and Mickelson hits the green from the pine straw rough on the 5th. Johnson bogeys the 4th to fall back to 7 under.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 02:45 PM
So here's how the leaderboard looks thru 4 holes for Spieth/Hoffman. Spieth(-15), Hoffman(-9), Mickelson(-9), Casey(-8), Johnson(-7), Rose(-7), McIlroy(-7), Tiger(-6). And a few others tied at 6 under. Spieth just bogeyed the 4th with a 3-putt. He's back to 14 under and level par today.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 02:48 PM
Looks like a few of the players have made some significant moves up the leaderboard to close the gap today. Lots of golf left for the leaders still.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 02:59 PM
Hoffman is playing solid so far, and Spieth looks a little tentative....not very aggressive, but careful. That's the way he should play with his 5-stroke lead. Meanwhile, Mickelson and Tiger are charging, as is McIlroy. Spieth and Hoffman both par the 5th.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 03:04 PM
Paul Casey is playing with Mickelson and is known to be able to drive it long. He remains at 8 under. He could be a factor if he gets hot. His putting is not that impressive, however. Casey now bogeys the 7th to fall to 7 under.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 03:08 PM
WOW....Jordan just steps up and drains a 12 footer for birdie on the 6th to make it look so easy. Hoffman comes up short on his birdie attempt. Now Spieth is back at 15 under. At this point, I'd say Mickelson will give Spieth a good run for the Jacket, but maybe McIlroy and Dustin Johnson and even Hoffman will also. Too early to tell, and we have another day left after this one.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 03:14 PM
McIlroy gets another birdie and now has it at 8 under for the tournament. This is the guy that had back-to-back 31's on the last 9 the first 2 days. He's certainly capable of putting up low numbers. He's not top-ranked in the world for nothing. He's 4 years older than Jordan.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 03:16 PM
Tiger makes a long putt on the par 5 13th and gets another birdie to go to 7 under for the tournament. Look out for Tiger.....he knows this course and loves it.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 03:19 PM
Rory McIlroy bogeys the par 3 16th to drop back to 7 under. Spieth is in the greenside bunker on the 7th and doesn't execute it close at all. He's a good 20 feet away for par.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 03:22 PM
Tiger drives it into the woods(no pun intended) while Spieth just misses his par attempt. That drops Jordan back to 14 under where he started the day. Hoffman has a birdie attempt, but the green takes it away from the hole. He'll par the hole. Mickelson pars to remain at 9 under, tied for 2nd with Hoffman and 5 strokes back of Spieth.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 03:26 PM
Mickelson and Casey on the 9th tee, McIlroy hitting his approach to 17. Tiger Woods is having a great day and is only 7 back now on the 14th green. He leaves his 80-ft. putt well short and will have a long attempt for par.....maybe 20 feet.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 03:29 PM
Dustin Johnson is one hole ahead of Spieth/Hoffman and has been relatively quiet today after yesterday's record-setting 3 eagles. He'll get a par and remain at 8 under.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 03:32 PM
McIlroy makes par on 17 and remains 7 under with one hole to play today. Spieth hits the fairway on the 8th tee. Tiger's long par putt is way short. Tiger rings in his bogey at 14 to drop back to -6 for the tournament.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 03:39 PM
Mickelson birdies the 10th to get within 4 of Spieth at 10 under and into 2nd place all by himself. Mickelson is playing very well in this tournament since the beginning. A 4-stroke lead by Jordan is still significant, though. Jordan pars the 8th hole to remain at 14 under. Hoffman's eagle attempt comes up well short.....it was very long and had to go over a ridge. He'll have trouble making birdie, but should par it like Jordan. NO, he birdie's it to tie Mickelson at 10 under....his first birdie of the day.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 03:44 PM
McIlroy is on the 18th green as Spieth and Hoffman tee off on the 9th. Rose just birdied 9 in the group ahead of Spieth to get it back to 7 under.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 03:46 PM
Mickelson's approach shot on 10 is well wide of the pin. Meanwhile, McIlroy lips out his par attempt on 18 to drop back to 6 under to end his day.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 03:49 PM
Spieth's approach into the 9th ends up within about 3-4 feet and Hoffman puts waay to much spin on it as it rolls all the way back to the middle of the green. Tiger pars the 15th and Mickelson needs a par on the 10th to stay within 4 of Spieth. Spieth is staring at a birdie on the 9th, though. Mickelson makes his par on the 10th.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 03:53 PM
Jordan makes his birdie on 9 to go back to 15 under as Hoffman gets his par to stay at 10 under with Mickelson.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 03:55 PM
Tiger's long birdie attempt at 16 comes up short as Mickelson tees off on the 11th....just out of the short grass on the apron of the fairway, but sitting up. Spieth tees off on the 10th and hits a good one. Tiger makes his birdie as does Sergio Garcia(-4). Tiger remains 7 under.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 03:57 PM
Here's Dustin Johnson's birdie attempt on 10 and it just hangs next to the hole. He's still quietly at 8 under in 4th place and really hasn't done much all day.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 03:59 PM
Maybe Johnson will explode on the back nine.....he's got that long game to do it. His putts are just not falling today.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 04:01 PM
Spieth is learning a little more each hole about how Augusta plays, and he's doing a fine job so far. Mickelson, Tiger, and most of the rest know the course much better, but Spieth is proving to be a force to be reckoned with.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 04:04 PM
Jordan found the greenside sand at 10, but flips it to within 18" of the hole....no problemo now for par.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 04:06 PM
Michelson bogeys the 11th and drops back to 9 under. Hoffman makes his par at 10, and now Jordan does the same for a "sandsave". That was actually a 6" tap-in from the sand.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 04:07 PM
Tiger burns the cup for birdie at 17, but alas.....it will be a par. He heads to the 18th tee box at 7 under.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 04:10 PM
Mickelson beaches it into the sand at the par 3 12th....coming up short of the green. Woods hits an errant tee shot on 18 but it hits the trees and bounces onto the apron of the fairway. He'll have a shot to the green.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 04:11 PM
Spieth whacks his teeball down the middle on the 11th, and Mickelson negotiates a fine bunker play on the 12th to within a foot. He'll make par there.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 04:13 PM
Dustin Johnson still can't buy a birdie.....much less an eagle, and stays at 8 under thru 11 holes. Rose pars and stays at 7 under.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 04:17 PM
Jordan finds the small green on the 11th, while Tiger hits from the pine straw on 18 into the greenside bunker for his approach. Hoffman hit the 11th green also, albeit outside of Jordan's ball. He will putt first. They both have long putts for birdie.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 04:21 PM
Johnson's screwing up immensely on the par 3 12th. He hit it short, then short into the sand, and now needs to make a putt to save bogey. Meanwhile Hoffman rams in a birdie from way out on the 11th. Spieth's putt is just left and he makes par. Now Hoffman moves to 11 under, while Spieth maintains his 15 under score.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 04:23 PM
Johnson double bogey's the short par 3 12th to drop 2 strokes back to 6 under. That one will be tough to swallow tonite.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 04:25 PM
Tiger bogeys 18 to fall back to 6 under for tournament and a 68 today. Hoffman bunkers his teeshot to the par 3 short while Jordan hits it just past the pin about 10 feet.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 04:27 PM
Mickelson on in 2 on the short par 5 13th. He's a ways away from the stick, but has a chance for eagle. He'll probably play for another birdie tap-in.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 04:32 PM
Hoffman makes a fine putt for a sandsave on the par 3 to stay at 11 under. Now Jordan will attempt his downhill birdie.....he drains it from about 8 feet. Jordan moves to 16 under now to extend his lead back to 5 strokes. Mickelson runs it by 3 feet for the eagle attempt on 13, but still has birdie in his sights. He makes the birdie and goes to 10 under again.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 04:39 PM
Phil hits another great teeball off the 14th teebox. He's hitting his drives well all week. Spieth on the short par 5 13th and finds the trees and pine straw. Not a good drive for this hole that allows for eagle attempts. Hoffman will be in position to go for it after his drive, however. Jordan will have to lay up and try to hit a close approach in.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 04:43 PM
Kevin Streelman quietly having a good round at 7 under here today. Justin Rose goes to 7 under, and now Streelman will bogey to drop back to 6 under.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 04:47 PM
Both Hoffman and Spieth layed up in the fairway on the par 5 13th. Mickelson has a long birdie attempt on the par 4 14th....about 16 feet. He slides it past on the left, but will tap it in from a couple of feet for par. He needs to stroke this one carefully.....it's no "gimme". Looks like about 3 feet, and he makes it for par to remain 10 under.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 04:49 PM
Spieth and Hoffman hit their approaches into the par 5 13th. Both will be putting for birdies. Hoffman is about 25 feet away with his spinback while Jordan's ball skipped and checked to about 10 feet....wide left.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 04:53 PM
Hoffman's birdie attempt comes up short and he taps in for his par. Now Spieth will attempt his birdie putt from about 12 feet. It slides right.....right into the cup, haha. He's now 17 under and extending his lead once again.....steady and consistent with a great putting touch.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 04:55 PM
Got to hand it to Charley Hoffman.....he's hanging in there with Spieth and Mickelson and playng well in the final grouping.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 04:57 PM
Justin Rose just made another birdie to go to 9 under. Mickelson is at 10 under and Hoffman is at 11 under. Jordan Spieth leads it at SEVENTEEN UNDER PAR.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 05:01 PM
I think maybe Hoffman really likes playing alongside Spieth.....he looks very comfortable today. Both Spieth and Hoffman are on the putting surface on the 14th hole. Mickelson hit his approach at the pin on the par 5 15th in 2, but it released and ran over the green. He'll be chipping up with his 3rd shot.....not a hard or long shot at all....for Mickelson.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 05:06 PM
Mickelson chipped it up 2 feet short and taps in his birdie to go to 11 under, tied with Hoffman for 2nd. Spieth misses his long birdie attempt on 14 and now has a tester for par. Hoffman up for his birdie now. It's a long one too. He's just right and taps it in for par. Mickelson hits a 9 iron right of the pin on the short par 3 16th, but it spins right to about 50 feet away. Spieth misses his par putt on 14 as he lips it out. Jordan now drops one to 16 under par.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 05:09 PM
Hoffman hits a long bounding drive on the long par 5 15th, and now Spieth hits his drive down the middle.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 05:11 PM
UNBELIEVABLE putt by Mickelson on that par 3 16th....he made it from at least 40 feet out as he starts it right and lets it feed back down to the hole. What a birdie!!

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 05:12 PM
Rose for eagle on the 15th green is just right as he taps it in for birdie. He'll go to 10 under now....that's 3 birdies in a row for Justin Rose and he's right in the thick of things now.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 05:14 PM
Spieth hits his 4 iron 232 yds onto the putting surface on this par 5 hole....just over the water. Hoffman hits his short of the green and it bounces back into the water.....not nice to be short on this hole.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 05:18 PM
Rose with a 9 iron on the par 3 16th bunkers it. Phil hits his teeball from the 17th into the edge of the trees on top of the pine straw. I don't know if he will have a clear shot at the green or not. Kevin Streelman ends his day with his 3rd straight 70.....he's 6 under for the tournament.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 05:20 PM
What's going on at that par 3 16th??? Justin Rose just holed out of that greenside bunker for his 4th birdie in a row.....to go to 11 under with Hoffman. Mickelson stands at 12 under after holing his long birdie putt on 16 minutes earlier.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 05:23 PM
Spieth carefully nuzzles his putt up to the hole on his eagle attempt on 15 to make sure he has a tap-in birdie. Hoffman had to take a penalty stroke for going in the drink. He's got a longish putt for par and slides it just past the hole. He'll need this 2-footer for bogey.... and makes it. He drops back to 10 under now. Spieth makes his birdie and goes back to 17 under for the tournament lead.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 05:26 PM
Now on the par 3 16th tee, Jordan will be hitting an 8 iron to this smallish green. He hits a good one to 10 feet under the pin. Hoffman hits his shot even better, to within 4 feet of the stick and underneath the hole. Two great shots on this hole by the twosome.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 05:28 PM
Mickelson's teeshot was not that deep and he managed to hit the green, but his putt went way past the hole downhill. He putts it back up the hill just short and will settle for a bogey. That drops him back to 11 under now.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 05:31 PM
Jordan has a birdie attempt on the par 3 here of about 10 feet up the slope and drills it. He's now at EIGHTEEN UNDER PAR. Hoffman has a much shorter putt up the hill....straight in....but he burns the side of the cup and misses it. He'll be greatly disappointed with that one tonite.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 05:33 PM
Spieth misses the fairway off the 17th tee, but will have tree trouble. He will have a swing, but may have some trees in his line of sight to the green.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 05:35 PM
Mickelson on the 18th fairway hits approach to within about 6 or 8 feet for birdie. Rose comes up short for birdie on 17 and will settle for a tap-in par to stay at 11 under.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 05:37 PM
Mickelson gets a hand walking up to the 18th green, just like Tiger did earlier. He's a 3-time champion here at the Masters. He dedicated this round to Arnie today....wearing a pink shirt. I guess Arnie likes wearing pink golf shirts, haha.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 05:40 PM
Jordan hits an approach shot over the trees short and right of the 17th green, but is somewhat happy to be there. Meanwhile, Mickelson lips out his birdie attempt at 18 and will have a tap-in for par.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 05:44 PM
Rose looks resolute on the 18th tee and hits a good one in the fairway. Charlie Hoffman missed the 17th green also, so both he and Jordan will be chipping up. Jordan misses his lob wedge and leaves it way short....just onto the green. Hoffman chips his 6 feet past the hole. Jordan looks sick about his chip. Now he must negotiate a treacherously long and difficult putt just to get close to the hole. He's staring at a bogey here for sure....maybe even double bogey.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 05:45 PM
His long putt had the line but came up several feet short. It was a very trying putt.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 05:49 PM
Hoffman slides his putt by about a foot and will mark it. Now Spieth will try to make this one for a bogey. NOPE....he hits it too soft and it dances around the hole without dropping in. He played it left edge and needed to play it inside the left edge....it didn't break. Hoffman taps in for his par. Now Jordan drops 2 shots on the 17th due to a poor drive that then caused a tentative lob wedge shot that was probably the wrong club selection for that shot. Spieth is now back to 16 under.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 05:53 PM
Rose hits his approach to 28 just right of the pin and it checks just on the back of the green. He has a 12 foot slider downhill for the birdie....and makes it!!! Now jumps past Mickelson into 2nd place at 12 under and will be paired with Jordan in the last grouping tomorrow. Dustin Johnson burns the cup again and ends with a 73 for 6 under. Not a good day for Johnson. He just couldn't make a putt today when he had the chances.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 05:57 PM
Spieth and Hoffman in the 18th fairway and Jordan sails one waaay right into the fans for his worst shot of the week. Hoffman hits his shot about 6 feet from the pin for birdie. Looks like the wheels are falling off here on 17 and 18 for Spieth. He left his clubface open on that one as his body rotated left too quickly on that approach shot. Let's see if he can somehow get this one close enough to make a par on 18.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 06:01 PM
Jordan's in a bad spot here too close to the flag with not enough room to allow the ball to land without being short of the green. It could bounce onto the green and close to the hole or it might just settle short. He may decide to hit it a little longer and then leave himself a longish putt for par. But that didn't happen. Nerves of steel as Jordan pulls it off. He chips it within 7 feet of the pin.....it hits on the apron and softly releases toward the pin. A par for Spieth here is huge.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 06:04 PM
Jordan is still away and will putt first.....he sinks it like nobody's business for par. Great up and down for Jordan. Now Hoffman's birdie attempt.....from about 6 feet and he makes it!! Great round for Charley Hoffman again. And certainly for Jordan, except for that one hiccup double bogey on 17.

regaleagle
04-11-2015, 06:11 PM
So Mickelson shoots a 67 today, and so does Rose. Spieth shoots a 2 under 70 after that double bogey on 17. He didn't play perfect.....had some birdies and some bogies....and one double bogey. But in the end he shot under par and maintains his 4 shot lead over Justin Rose. Spieth leads at 16 under par, and Rose is 2nd at 12 under. Mickelson lurks at 11 under and Charley Hoffman is at 10 under. There's 6 players tied at 6 under, including Tiger, McIlroy, Johnson, and 3 others.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 11:57 AM
Well....today's the big day for Jordan Spieth with his 4 stroke lead in this year's 79th Masters. He's about 2 hrs. from teeing off in the last grouping of the day, paired with a very hot putting Justin Rose. Both players can really make putts, so it should be a very exciting twosome. Just ahead of them will be Phil Mickelson paired with Charley Hoffman, both playing this course very well every day so far. Mickelson is the biggest threat to rise up and win this tournament in my mind. Charley Hoffman is really just surprisingly consistent in the tournament so far, going from 5 under on Day 1 to 7 under on Day 2 to 10 under on Day 3. That's impressive at Augusta National, esp. yesterday in the final group. At that rate he should finish at 13 under today, but we'll see if his swing can hold up. GO GET 'EM, Jordan!!!:smoker:

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 12:13 PM
Tiger and Rory McIlroy will be an interesting pair to watch just ahead of Mickelson/Hoffman. They are both aggressive players that are each capable of going very low....if they get on a roll. Dustin Johnson will be paired with Hedeki Matsuyama and Kevin Streelman will be paired with Kevin Na. All 3 of these pairings are at 6 under. But realistically speaking, making up 10 shots on the final day of the Masters is hoping for a miracle. It is possible for Jordan Spieth to fall 4 strokes and Tiger or McIlroy to gain 5 strokes, but that's a 9-shot swing....not 10. Spieth would have to have the wheels fall off and Tiger or Mac would have to post a final day 66 for one of them to catch him. But then there's Mickelson and Rose in the mix to consider also. I just don't see Tiger or Mac being fortunate enough to make it all the way back to within a stroke of the lead today with the way Mickelson, Rose, and Spieth have been playing. And what about Hoffman.....he's the surprise in this group of players to still be in contention.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 12:23 PM
Today's live TV coverage will begin at 1 pm on CBS. At that time slot, we should be able to watch all of the last 4-5 pairings tee off to start the final round. Generally, they schedule each group about 10 min. apart.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 12:47 PM
Can the young PGA phenom from Texas Jordan Spieth go wire-to-wire and win this 79th Masters in record-setting fashion? Or will he finally succumb to all the pressure and distractions that this week has wrought upon him as he has set scoring records thru the first 3 days of this tournament? Day 1 he took off and finished an early round teetime at 64 to lead this tournament by 4 strokes. On Day 2, he shot a 66 to break the all-time 36-hole record set by Raymond Floyd in 1976 of 13 under. Spieth's new record stands at 14 under after 36 holes.....also tying the lowest 36-hole total of 130 in history for all Majors. On Day 3, he shot 70 and set the 54-hole total record at 184, and it could have been even lower, except for a few hiccups during the closing holes. What will today bring for Jordan Spieth and all the fans watching this intense final round today in Augusta at the Masters? Stay tuned and watch....I believe Jordan will eventually prevail. I also look for Phil Mickelson to give him all the competition he can handle, but luckily Jordan has a 5-stroke edge on Phil. Justin Rose looks like he is playing very steady, and he's a good putter. He could possibly shoot another low score being paired with Jordan and playing him head-up. But Spieth would probably welcome that kind of heads-up play and do well in those circumstances. What I worry about is if Rose shoots poorly and causes Jordan to lose his edge in the process while some of the others are having great rounds. I feel as long as Rose plays well, so will Jordan.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 01:03 PM
It won't be long now til Live CBS coverage begins....a couple of minutes. So far, Keegan Bradley is 5 under thru 15 holes today out on the course, and Boerne's Jimmy Walker just lipped out his putt for his 3rd straight birdie on 13. He's 4 under on his round today, but his total stands at just 1 under. Now Jimmy just put his shot on 14 within 3 feet on that par 3 hole. He's playing to reach a Top Ten today, but has lots of work to accomplish that.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 01:04 PM
Ok, here we go. The game is on.....the final day and the final round at the Masters is now underway on CBS.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 01:13 PM
Haha.....there's alot of difference between being 58 like Mark O'Meara and 21 like Jordan Spieth.....but tons of experience does still count. And so does today's improved equipment and course conditions. Good luck to both.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 01:18 PM
In the days when Jack, Arnie, and Gary Player played the courses just were not conditioned so perfectly like they are today.....in the fairway or on the greens. And the grass types were basically native for those courses where they were located. Nowadays they have hybrids that do well under extreme conditions and weather, and that are easier to maintain and putt truer.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 01:24 PM
Dustin Johnson gets off to another missed birdie on hole #1. If he could putt 25% better, he'd win a lot more tournaments. Some guys just do not spend enough time trying to develop their putting skills. That's the easiest place to improve your game and trim your score. Spend lots of time practicing your putting and chipping and you'll see a big difference in your scores.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 01:26 PM
I think many of the women players spend lots of time on their short games, and they are as a group very good putters. There's a lesson to be learned in there somewhere.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 01:30 PM
The average putts per round is around 30 at the Tour level, and that don't even count the chips. So that's half the game right there. Most amateurs are lucky to have 36 putts in a round....that's two putts on every hole....after the chips!!! Do the math...it doesn't lie.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 01:38 PM
When you spend a half hour to an hour hitting practice balls on the range, then go over to the putting green and spend another half hour to hour putting and chipping. It will do wonders for your game. And do this religiously as part of your regimen. Pick a place to hit your practice balls that has a facility for practicing your putting and chipping, and then you can set up a regimen to start with.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 01:45 PM
Developing a good touch in your short game helps your feel in the rest of your game, but it doesn't work the other way. Concentrate on the short shots and move up to the longer ones, not vice-versa. When you get on the range, start out with the short irons and move up to the longer clubs. Finish by moving back down to the short clubs and finally the wedges.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 01:50 PM
Then go over to the putting green and practice your chips and putting. I like to putt for about 20 min. then do some chip and runs. Then I'll hit some longer chips with spin. Then I'll finish by putting another 10 minutes. That's a quality regimen.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 01:55 PM
Practicing out of the bunker(sand play) is also recommended highly. That's a whole different animal, but basically you want to start by positioning your body at a 45-degree angle to the intended target(on a greenside bunker) and hit about 1 to 1/2 inch behind the ball to take some sand with it. That will help to get the ball up and out of the sand, and impart some spin on it. You must hit thru the shot.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 01:58 PM
Well so much for today's beginner lessons that are really basic for the pros also. Back to the tournament.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 02:02 PM
Great start for Jordan to go to 17 under to start with a birdie at the 1st. Rose also birdied the first to start his round. Touche' to both these fine players.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 02:03 PM
Boy does Jordan's swing look good today. I hope it stays that way. He looks "ready".

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 02:10 PM
What some viewers can't see or don't realize is all the slopes in the fairway at Augusta. You have to address the ball correctly just to get the right flight and result out of the shot on those lies, and they make it look easy.....but it's not.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 02:14 PM
Tiger remains at 6 under as does McIlroy. Phil is back at 12 under in the early going here, and both Spieth and Rose have birdied the first hole to get started.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 02:17 PM
Jordan putting from the fringe here on #2. He's really surveying this putt, so it must be tricky. It's uphill then downhill and a slider slightly from left to right as I see it. YEP, and he leaves it short.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 02:20 PM
Rose runs his long putt past the hole a couple of feet now. Meanwhile, Mickelson chips out of the bunker on 3 downhill and will have tester for par. McIlroy on the par 3 ahead, hits it near the pin and releases about 12 feet back. Rose gets his par. And now Jordan will putt for his.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 02:22 PM
It's about a 2-footer and he misses it right. It never was on line and slid right by. He drops one back to 16 under, but Rose remains at 13 under. Mickelson is at 12 under and misses his birdie on #3. He'll have a short putt left for par.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 02:25 PM
Actually Rose birdied that last hole, and Jordan parred it. So Jordan leads at 17 under and Rose is now 3 behind at 13 under. Phil will be putting for par to remain at 12 under, and Charley Hoffman is at 9 under. Tiger and Mac are still at 6 under, as is Dustin Johnson.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 02:28 PM
Mickelson gets his par and Tiger bogeys. Mickelson hits a 5 iron to the par 3 4th. He'll have a considerable putt for birdie....can't tell how far it is yet. Rose started out birdie, birdie.....so he's back on the horse today playing excellent golf.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 02:31 PM
Speith's approach to #3 is about pin high and 12 feet right of the hole. Now Rose will hit his approach. He hits it 10 feet short of the pin and it spins back and left to about 12 feet. Johnson gets his first birdie of the day on the 6th hole to go 7 under.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 02:32 PM
Phil's birdie attempt at 4 is played about 8 feet above the hole and take a left turn at the end to barely miss going in. He taps in his par. Great imagination and great touch on that putt.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 02:35 PM
I'll be durned if Jordan didn't make that putt. What a touch of perfect speed and read on that one. Now Rose will attempt his birdie. He comes up short and will tap in for a par. Now both Spieth and Rose each have birdied two of the first three holes and are distancing themselves from the field....but maybe not Mickelson.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 02:38 PM
Boy Jordan overwhacked that one to the par 3....too much right to left draw and he is a looong way away from the pin with a downhill breaking tough putt left. Rose did basically the same thing. Whoever putts last will watch the fall line of the putt from the first putt.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 02:39 PM
Masters Champion Zach Johnson birdies to get to 7 under. He's made it to the first page of the leaderboard now....tied with Dustin Johnson and 2 behind Charley Hoffman at 9 under. Mickelson is at 12 under, Rose at 14 under and Spieth at 18 under. Now you know the distance.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 02:43 PM
Rose putts his long one first and does quite well with it, leaving himself about 2 feet left of the hole. Now Spieth will have a go at it from long distance. He had to learn something on Rose's putt, even though it was not exacly the same line. Jordan's putt goes past the hole and now he has an uphill 2 footer for par.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 02:47 PM
Well, it's really about a 4 footer and he makes it. Rose will have his 2 footer left now for par. Mickelson hits his chip close and it spins about 15 right and down the hill. Rose makes his par. Going to #5 now. Dustin Johnson(DJ) gets another birdie on #7 and goes to 8 under for the tournament. He is capable of a low score with his length....if he can make putts.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 02:49 PM
Spieth's drive finds the fairway bunker.....like Phil's did. It's right in the middle of the fairway as it turns. Rose stayed way away from the bunker and will have a clear shot to the green on this par 4 5th. Mickelson misses his par on #6. Ricky Fowler eagles the par 5 13th to go 5 under.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 02:52 PM
Mickelson makes his bogey and drops back to 11 under. He hit that fairway bunker, had a long 3rd shot, then 2 putted the hole. He was not on in regulation.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 02:55 PM
Rose hits his approach over the green into the bunker behind the hole. Spieth is actually short of the bunker on his drive and has a clean shot. He needs to land it left of the hole and not go too long. It's a tough green. He misses the green to the right and the pin is way right today. Not sure if he will be able to par this hole where he is now.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 03:00 PM
Rose hits a full bunker shot to the pin and it sticks like glue 6 to 8 feet past the pin. Spieth tries a bump and run and it stops short of the surface.....too much loft. Now his par putt is formidable. He's on the fringe and this putt will not be easy. Actually he's off the fringe in the grass and now will have to judge the speed and distance going thru the grass. He gets it to around 3 foot past the hole for a good try. He makes his bogey for a good 5 after that errant 2nd shot to the green. Now Rose has a 3 footer for par and a sandsave. He makes it. Now the lead is only 3 for Jordan.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 03:06 PM
Mac birdies #7 to go 7 under. Rose up on the par 3 #6, 191 yds today. His shot is short and rolls down the slope and into the grass off the green. Not enough club there, Mr. Rose.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 03:08 PM
Spieth hits a 6 iron long enough, but way left of the pin. It's tucked in the upper right quadrant of the green today, and Jordan will do well to 2-putt this one and get out with a par. Rose will be chipping his up the hill quite a distance.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 03:10 PM
Rose is well below the green and chips it up and over the top tier to the back of the green. It stops on the fringe and he will have testy putt for par about 15 feet at least.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 03:13 PM
Jordan's putt is only about 50 feet away up the slope and he leaves it within a foot for a tap in par. Good putt for Jordan. Mickelson just hit an amazing chip on the 7th hole that rolled back off the slope 15 feet to within a foot of the hole. Rose bogeys and goes back to 13 under. Jordan pars and remains at 18 under.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 03:16 PM
DJ misses another birdie try on #9 and will par it to stay at 8 under. Spieth hits a cut drive off the 7th teebox that goes way right. Fowler birdies the 16th to go to 7 under. Rose hits a cut also and is right in the pinestraw like Jordan, but not as deep. I think he'll have a clear shot to the green.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 03:19 PM
Tiger finally birdies a hole, but is only 5 under for the tournament and 1 over for the day. Mac birdies and is now 8 under and 2 under for the day.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 03:22 PM
Jordan has a shot, but he will need to hit a big cut and keep it from hitting a tree. Its a high fade shot and it hits between the 2 bunkers just short of the green. Rose is almost stymied in his swing with a pine tree trunk just ahead of is ball tha he could hit in his follow thru....so he stabs at it and hits it fat in the pinestraw. Sound familiar, folks?? Ha, ha. Been there, done that one before.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 03:26 PM
Mickelson is on the par 5 8th hole and hits his 2nd shot just short and right of the pin and green. He's handy, but not on the green in 2. It was a 247 fairway wood. Now Rose will pitch his 3rd shot over the bunker onto this 7th green. Get out of here!!! He hits is well past the pin, and it draws back down the slope almost perfect into the hole, but slides right by for an uphiller to save par. What a great shot!! Jordan hits his past the hole and it comes back and right of the hole about 4 feet.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 03:28 PM
DJ just misses a birdie on #10 and taps in his par. Meanwhile Zach Johnson gets a birdie and moves to 8 under for the tournament. Spieth putts first and misses his 4 footer. He was putter sideways and slightly downhill, and Rose will be putting up the hill for his par. It matters where you leave your previous putt on this hole.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 03:30 PM
Rose's par putt does a 360+ and goes in with the centrifugal momentum, haha. Spieth bogeys with a chip and 2 putt. Rose was fortunate twice on that hole to get a par.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 03:33 PM
Mickelson for a short birdie putt on the par 5 8th now....about 2 feet. He makes it to go back to 12 under, 4 behind Jordan Spieth. Rose hits a good drive on the par 5 now, and Spieth will follow. rose is only 3 strokes back now. Jordan's drive is a little right of Rose's and a few yards shorter....so he'l hit his 2nd shot first.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 03:38 PM
Jordan from 251 leaves it just short of the green. He'll have an uphill chip to the pin. Rose from 249 is 15 yds. right of Jordan and a little up from him. I'd say that Rose will hit next, not Jordan. It's whoever is farther from the pin. Is is farther or further??? I think it should be "further".

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 03:42 PM
Spieth chips it up with in a foot of the pin, a great shot. Rose chips his past the pin as well, but about 4 feet past for a birdie. Remember, this a par 5 and they are on in 3.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 03:46 PM
Rose's putt was actually about 6 feet and he slid it by. Jordan's putt is about 2 feet or maybe a little longer. He makes his putt for birdie and goes back to 17 under.....like he should on that par 5. Mickelson misses his par putt on hole #9 to drop back to 11 under. He's now 6 shots back of Spieth with only 9 holes left. That missed putt was HUGE for Mickelson....and maybe for Spieth as well. Looks like Rose is in the best position now to catch Spieth.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 03:49 PM
Jordan carried that drive on #9 285, and Rose lands just ahead of him. Rose is in the rough, while Jordan's ball is in the fairway by about 3 feet. No big deal for Rose....his ball is sitting up and the rough is not deep.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 03:53 PM
DJ bogeys #12 to drop back down to 9 under. Mickelson overcooked that drive and will be just out of the fairway in the taller grass. It's important to keep your swing steady now and not get overpowering on these shots. The nerves and adrenaline will start kicking in on the back 9 today as the players reach down deep to try to force the action coming in. That usually does not work out too well.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 03:56 PM
Zack Johnson pars 14 to remain 8 under. He just missed that birdie by one inch. Mickelson hits an impressive 2nd shot to within a few feet from just off the 10th fairway.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 04:00 PM
Jordan feeds his lag putt to within 4 inches of the cup to get an easy par on the 9th. Good play there for Spieth. Now Rose will have a much shorter birdie try from about 5 feet. Wow.....he misreads it and settles for par. Jordan has led this tournament from Day 1 and stands at 17 under par going into the final 9 holes, 5 shots clear of the closest competitor....his playing partner Justin Rose.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 04:01 PM
DJ's eagle attempt runs well by the hole on the par 5 13th. He will have work to do to make a birdie here.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 04:04 PM
Rose did shoot a 31 on the back 9 yesterday, but may need to do it again to have a chance. Mickelson birdies 10 and moves back to 12 under, tied for 2nd with Rose. DJ makes his birdie putt on 13 to go back to 10 under. Matsuyama eagles 13 to also go to 10 under with playing partner DJ.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 04:08 PM
Mickelson whacks a good one off the tee on the par 5 11th. Spieth and Rose hitting from the 10th fairway now. Spieth up first, hits it left of the stick holehigh and it rolls to the edge of the green about 15 feet away. Now Rose's turn. His ball hits short of the pin just 5 feet onto the green and he will have an uphill slider for birdie. I don't know which player will putt first. They both look about the same distance away.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 04:12 PM
Rose putts first and it slides up the hill almost straight just inches above the hole as it stops. That's a good putt and an easy par. Jordan's putt is shorter but harder. And he makes it.....amazing!!! Another birdie gives Jordan the record for the most birdies made at the Masters....18 so far. That includes lots of Masters champions thru all these years.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 04:14 PM
Mickelson's 2nd shot to the par 5 just avoids going back into the water. It hit short of the green and went backward. He will chip it now....to within 3 inches, haha. That will be good for a gimme birdie and he will now go to 13 under.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 04:17 PM
If Jordan wasn't playing great Mickelson and Rose would be on his tail....but that's using the word "IF". DJ just misses another birdie and taps in for par on 13. He's 4 under on his round today. Charley Hoffman is having trouble today and going backwards. He's at 7 under now, three over for today.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 04:19 PM
Spieth is in trouble on the par 5 11th. He did the same thing on this hole yesterday. Luckily, this is a par 5 and he can afford to give up one shot to Rose and Mickelson.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 04:23 PM
Rose hits his 2nd shot on the green 20 feet short of the pin in the lower center of the green. Spieth is still trying to figure out what kind of shot to make here. Looks like he will hit about a 3 or 4 iron and punch it low with a draw under the trees. YEP, that's what he does, and now he will have a short wedge approach to this par 5 green with a 5 shot lead.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 04:25 PM
Mickelson pars at 12, McIlroy spins it back on 13 in eagle range about 11 feet.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 04:30 PM
Spieth wedges it to 2 feet for birdie. He lays 3 on the green and Rose lays 2. Rose has a looong putt up the hill for his eagle on 11. Meanwhile, Tiger eagles 13. Rose will get an easy tap in birdie, but so will Spieth, if I followed that right. Mac misses his eagle on 13, but will get to 10 under here for the tournament

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 04:33 PM
Spieth and Rose are on the 12 teebox now, a par 3. A 9 iron for Jordan, he lands it way right. Rose is right too, but much closer....about 20 feet.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 04:35 PM
Jordan runs it by about 5 feet, maybe 4. Rose for a birdie.....leaves it just underneath the hole for a tap in par. Now Jordan has a tester to make par.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 04:39 PM
Mickelson for eagle on 13 leaves it short down the hill. Meanwhile Jordan misses his par tester. Now he stands at 17 under and Mickelson and Rose at 12. Rose is on the tee at the par 5 13th now. Good angle to the hole on that drive. Charley misses his short eagle putt and he and Mickelson will birdie #13. Spieth hits a good teeball off the 13th teebox. Mickelson makes his birdie and goes to -13 now.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 04:40 PM
What is all comes down to is that Jordan needs to birdie one of the remaining par 5's and not give away more than 2 other strokes and he should win.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 04:43 PM
When Spieth/Rose complete this par 5 13th, they will have only 6 holes left, and #15 is a par 5. Jordan has about 210 to the center for his 2nd shot. This is a short par 5. He does have a lie with the ball above his feet several inches, but hits it within 10 feet past the pin for a downhill eagle attempt. Rose does the same thing, albeit his shot ends up being about 15 to 18 feet away. Two great shots here.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 04:47 PM
Mickelson at 13 under on the 14th does not like his approach....it rolls down the slope a long way from the pin. A long way.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 04:51 PM
Rose will putt first for his eagle on 13 here....to get to 14 under par. He trickles it down the hill and will end up with a birdie. Now Spieth will putt for his eagle. It's a speed putt down the hill, and you have to have the exact right speed and line for it fall. He had the speed but not the line as it slides left of the hole. Both players have short putts for birdie. Rose has about 2 feet and makes it to tie Mickelson at -13. Jordan makes his and gets to -18 for the tournament. That's a 5-shot lead with 5 holes left.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 04:52 PM
Rose on the tee at 14, a par 4. He hits a nice one down the middle. Jordan just needs to stay within himself and not give away the ranch coming in. His teeball trickles into the apron of the fairway. Mickelson bogies the 14th and drops back to 12 under now. Looks like Tiger will birdie teh 15th after his eagle putt just misses.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 04:56 PM
Zach Johnson ends with a 68 at 8 under. Mac and Tiger both birdie 15. Mickelson hits a good teeshot on the par 5 15th.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 04:58 PM
Jordan from 171 hits it to the middle and it runs the slope down to the right where Mickelson's ball ended up. Looks like you need to hit it above the pin or at least pinhigh. That's exactly what Rose just did...pinhigh and left of the hole about 10-12 feet.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 05:00 PM
Jordan and Phil hit it at the pin but it was short and ran the slope a long ways right for a long putt uphill and left.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 05:04 PM
Jordan needs to just lag this putt close and get out of here with a par. He lags it short withiin 3 feet....a good but not great lag putt. Now Rose has a putt for birdie. Not too many birdies on 14 today. It's a tough green. BOOM....he birdies it to keep within scoring distance of Spieth. Now Spieth MUST make this tester. This is a hugh putt for par. He rattled it in and that was a BIG, BIG par for Jordan.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 05:06 PM
Meanwhile, Mickelson holes one out from the sand on 15 for an unexpected eagle. Now he and Rose are tied again at 14 under, while Jordan sits at 18 over.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 05:07 PM
Looks like Rose and Mickelson are keeping the pressure on, and making Jordan do it the ol' fashion way.....earn it!!!

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 05:09 PM
DJ birdies the 18th and finishes 9 under. Mickelson bunkers his teeball on the par 3 16th. Matsuyama makes his birdie on 18 ends up 11 under with a great 66 today.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 05:10 PM
They didn't give Matsuyama much coverage, but evidently he doesn't care, haha. He played very well today and earned a BIG paycheck.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 05:13 PM
Spieth flushes his 2nd shot to the middle of the par 5 15th and it releases over the green. Most players hit a long iron to just clear the water, but Jordan knew it was better to be safe than sorry. Rose barely clears the water and his ball is left hanging on the edge of the slope down to the water....he was too short.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 05:14 PM
Mickelson's chip out of the sand on the par 3 16th is played past the hole, then rolls back down the slope to the hole. He'll have about 3 feet left for par.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 05:17 PM
Rose's eagle attempt comes up 4 feet short. Now Spieth will chip up from past the green. He needs to hit this one to land softly with spin, which he does. About 5 feet short there for Birdie.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 05:19 PM
Mickelson makes par on 16 to remain 14 under tied with Rose for 2nd. But Rose has a birdie putt left here on 15. Jordan makes his downhill birdie to go to 19 under par.....no chink in the armor whatsoever for Spieth today. Now a big putt for Rose for birdie. And he makes it to go 15 under par. He's tough....very tough.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 05:25 PM
Rose is still in this championship and knows it, 4 back with 3 holes left. He's first to hit on the par 3 16th. He doesn't like it, but actually it is fine. It comes back down the slope below the hole and to the right about 15 feet. Not bad at all. Now Jordan's turn. Another big shot here. Boy he smoked that one. I think he pulled it left and long. Looks like he will be chipping.....let his adrenaline take over. Grab your shorts Jordan.....just par in and you'll win. Easier said than done.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 05:28 PM
Jordan's ball is over the green about 10 feet, so he needs to hit this one short high left and let the slope take it down to the hole. He didn't hit it far enough above the hole and it rolls down at least 12 feet away from the cup. He's looking at a bogey here and Rose for birdie. Rose misses the birdie, so that's good for Jordan. He hit it very firm.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 05:31 PM
Jordan has a tough uphill slider for par. WOW....right in the cup like magic. He maintains his 4 shot lead over Rose with just 2 holes left. THAT, my friends, is what you call CLUTCH. If he misses, then there's only 3 strokes difference and gives Rose that much more room. Now Jordan has the room for error. That removes tons of pressure. McIlroy shoots 66 to end at 12 under....tying the low round of the day.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 05:34 PM
Tiger shoots 73 for a 5 under finish.....just didn't put it together today. Rose down the middlle again on 17. Mickelson chooses a 3 Wood off the tee on 18 and puts it right where he wants it. Jordan hits driver on 17 and its clear to the green for his approach.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 05:37 PM
Jordan's approach lands above the pin and is in fine position, safe for a par. Mickelson misses the 18th green too far left. Rose's approach to 17 is underneath the hole about 12 feet for birdie.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 05:41 PM
Jordan's putt will be going up the hill and sliding to the right slightly. He leaves it inches under the hole for a tap in par. Now Rose will have an uphill birdie attempt as well, but from below the hole. He leaves it just short and taps it in also. On to the final hole.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 05:43 PM
Mickelson chips it up short and will a 10 footer left for par. And he makes it to stay at 14 under.....a great finish today and another wonderful performance. Hoffman finishes at 9 under....tied for 9th.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 05:44 PM
Rose and Spieth are all that's left now. Rose down the fairway like a machine, as usual. Spieth just off the fairway on his teeshot in the pinestraw, but clear to the green.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 05:48 PM
Jordan Spieth has a 4 shot lead coming into the final hole now, and his approach will be filled with a standing ovation. He's NINETEEN UNDER for heaven's sake....unbelievable!!! With a par here he will set a new 72-hole Masters scoring record. His approach comes up short of the green from the pine trees. It was a good shot. Now Rose from the fairway. Wow.....he misses the green right further away than Jordan. Here comes the ovation for Jordan.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 05:50 PM
At 21 years of age, I hope he can soak this moment in and not just sluff it off.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 05:51 PM
Here's Jordan's chip....it hits short, checks and releases past the hole about 3 or 4 feet. A safe par for sure, and maybe another birdie. Rose will chip now. His hits and runs to below the hole several feet. I'm sure he will putt first and get out of Jordan's way.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 05:55 PM
Rose will putt for his par now for sole 2nd place. It's uphill about 5 feet. It just wiggles by....so he ties Mickelson at 14 under. It wiggled the side of the cup, so he bit off a bit too much. Jordan didn't even putt his close on that one, but comes back for the bogey from a foot for the dominating win. Congrats to Jordan Spieth on his first Masters victory and his first Majors win in what will perhaps be many to come.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 06:00 PM
All hugs and kisses now on 18 for Jordan as he makes his way thru the fans to the clubhouse flanked on each side with his arms draped around his Dad and Mom. What a sight to see. Tons of happy fans here sense a new era has arrived on American soil for golf, and Jordan is their new hero. Good going, Jordan....you make us Texans mighty proud and I'm sure Ben Crenshaw is just elated. The baton has officially been passed....UT alums and native Texans....Boy Wonders them both.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 06:07 PM
Jordan did what he needed to do today to win.....play a quality round and shoot under par.....he shot 70. Again he had some birdies and bogeys, but in the end his scorecard balanced out and he won by 4 strokes at 18 under par. Justin Rose played an admirable round himself, but it was just too much to expect Jordan to relent that many strokes to par to give him and Mickelson the opening they needed. Rose and Mickelson tied for 2nd at 14 under, both with impresssive rounds and impressive tournament totals. But this year and this Masters belongs to Jordan Spieth.....he earned it every hole and every shot. In record-scoring fashion, and wire-to-wire for the first time in 39 years.

regaleagle
04-12-2015, 06:12 PM
And now it's time for Jordan Spieth to take his place alongside the many famous names who have won this Major Tournament in Golf. Looks like a young Texan phenom named Jordan Spieth will don the Green Jacket, and well-deserved.

Roughneck93
04-12-2015, 07:09 PM
Mission accomplished....

http://youtu.be/Cv7kBPDButM

hookandladder
04-12-2015, 08:56 PM
Jordan is just bad ass, Rock Star. Light the tower, Hookem.

YTBulldogs
04-13-2015, 12:33 AM
"Jordan Golf" kid sure acts older than 21. Well spoken. Good to see. Many more to come. He and Rory great leaders of the game.

hollywood
04-06-2016, 11:13 PM
The Masters 2016 starts tomorrow. Spieth for back to back champion.

jason
04-07-2016, 08:10 AM
spieth misses the cut
tom watson makes it
adam scott wins

hollywood
04-10-2016, 06:20 PM
spieth misses the cut
tom watson makes it
adam scott wins

A little off jason. Lol

I will have to say I picked Spieth to win back to back this year. A bad hole can ruin anyone's round, especially at The Masters.

Another Brit takes the green jacket. Danny Willett, your 2016 Masters Champion.