PDA

View Full Version : AP39 - that's some good stuff!!

Cam
04-06-2015, 12:46 PM
The next time someone at your office lets out a "silent but deadly" emission, maybe you should thank them. A new study at the University of Exeter in England suggests that exposure to hydrogen sulfide — a.k.a. what your body produces as bacteria breaks down food, causing gas — could prevent mitochondria damage. Yep, the implication is what you're thinking: People are taking the research to mean that smelling farts could prevent disease and even cancer.

The study, published in the Medicinal Chemistry Communications journal, found that hydrogen sulfide gas in rotten eggs and flatulence could be a key factor in treating diseases.

"Although hydrogen sulfide gas is well known as a pungent, foul-smelling gas in rotten eggs and flatulence, it is naturally produced in the body and could in fact be a healthcare hero with significant implications for future therapies for a variety of diseases," Dr. Mark Wood, a professor at the University of Exeter, said in a statement.

While hydrogen sulfide gas is harmful in large doses, the study suggests that "a whiff here and there has the power to reduce risks of cancer, strokes, heart attacks, arthritis, and dementia by preserving mitochondria," Time reports.

Dr. Matt Whiteman, a University of Exeter professor who worked on the study, said in a statement that researchers are even replicating the natural gas in a new compound, AP39, to reap its health benefits. The scientists are delivering "very small amounts" of AP39 directly into mitochondrial cells to repair damage, which "could hold the key to future therapies," the university's statement reveals.

You'll have to decide for yourself, though, whether exposure to hydrogen sulfide in flatulence is worth the potential health benefits. -- Meghan DeMaria:thinking::wave:

....and remember, don't sniff, there's enough for everybody!!....

....this is all Greendawg's fault!.....

....is 7 on 7 here yet??......:doh:

BB BULLS
04-06-2015, 02:20 PM
The next time someone at your office lets out a "silent but deadly" emission, maybe you should thank them. A new study at the University of Exeter in England suggests that exposure to hydrogen sulfide — a.k.a. what your body produces as bacteria breaks down food, causing gas — could prevent mitochondria damage. Yep, the implication is what you're thinking: People are taking the research to mean that smelling farts could prevent disease and even cancer.

The study, published in the Medicinal Chemistry Communications journal, found that hydrogen sulfide gas in rotten eggs and flatulence could be a key factor in treating diseases.

"Although hydrogen sulfide gas is well known as a pungent, foul-smelling gas in rotten eggs and flatulence, it is naturally produced in the body and could in fact be a healthcare hero with significant implications for future therapies for a variety of diseases," Dr. Mark Wood, a professor at the University of Exeter, said in a statement.

While hydrogen sulfide gas is harmful in large doses, the study suggests that "a whiff here and there has the power to reduce risks of cancer, strokes, heart attacks, arthritis, and dementia by preserving mitochondria," Time reports.

Dr. Matt Whiteman, a University of Exeter professor who worked on the study, said in a statement that researchers are even replicating the natural gas in a new compound, AP39, to reap its health benefits. The scientists are delivering "very small amounts" of AP39 directly into mitochondrial cells to repair damage, which "could hold the key to future therapies," the university's statement reveals.

You'll have to decide for yourself, though, whether exposure to hydrogen sulfide in flatulence is worth the potential health benefits. -- Meghan DeMaria:thinking::wave:

....and remember, don't sniff, there's enough for everybody!!....

....this is all Greendawg's fault!.....

....is 7 on 7 here yet??......:doh:

well if anyone needs any i will be selling mine. the cost is only one finger pull. and since i am healing you i can now be called DR BB BULLS

Cam
04-09-2015, 12:57 PM
well if anyone needs any i will be selling mine. the cost is only one finger pull. and since i am healing you i can now be called DR BB BULLS

panfan is interested DR BB BULLS.....cause everybody and everything in Liberty Hill has a stink to it!!..:tongue:......of course, panfan will say it "smells like victory!".......:evillol:

Phantom Stang
04-09-2015, 08:39 PM
So, out with Lysol, and in with AP39!!

panfan
04-10-2015, 08:29 AM
panfan is interested DR BB BULLS.....cause everybody and everything in Liberty Hill has a stink to it!!..:tongue:......of course, panfan will say it "smells like victory!".......:evillol:

Do I detect a bit o purple envy? Lets see - except for baseball and softball here this week - I would say LH by alot to Burnet's little bit this year. :evillol::1omg!:

That's OK - every class has a stinker year or two so I'm thinking that stink here is just what's been blowing west cross the county line!!!:taunt::taunt:

panfan
04-10-2015, 08:30 AM

Send a big ol gas cylinder over to Burnet - they need help this year.

Cam
04-10-2015, 09:05 AM
Do I detect a bit o purple envy? Lets see - except for baseball and softball here this week - I would say LH by alot to Burnet's little bit this year. :evillol::1omg!:

That's OK - every class has a stinker year or two so I'm thinking that stink here is just what's been blowing west cross the county line!!!:taunt::taunt:

panfan...the more you jibber jabber.....the more you jibber jabber!........so, guess you noticed Burnet varsity and JV baseball run-ruled the Barneys this week!....hehehe......don't worry, it'll be a different story when they come over there....ya'll got them special local umps workin' for ya!.............:evillol::D
Hey, PM me sometime with your workplace address....I need to drop by sometime and share some AP39!.....

cougartino
04-10-2015, 09:09 AM
So instead of saying excuse me, other folks should say thank you?

panfan
04-10-2015, 09:26 AM
panfan...the more you jibber jabber.....the more you jibber jabber!........so, guess you noticed Burnet varsity and JV baseball run-ruled the Barneys this week!....hehehe......don't worry, it'll be a different story when they come over there....ya'll got them special local umps workin' for ya!.............:evillol::D
Hey, PM me sometime with your workplace address....I need to drop by sometime and share some AP39!.....

yep - was watching the softball game and getting updates on the baseball game. That was an arse kickin! I thought our baseball team was good this year, but I have heard there have been a lot of injuries.

Heck you don't need to stop by here - go by G-dawgs place and share it - they got a small office back there that I'm sure you could fumigate for them and share the love with multiple folks.

panfan
04-10-2015, 09:27 AM
"""So instead of saying excuse me, other folks should say thank you?""""

winner winner chicken dinner!

Cam
04-10-2015, 09:50 AM
yep - was watching the softball game and getting updates on the baseball game. That was an arse kickin! I thought our baseball team was good this year, but I have heard there have been a lot of injuries.

Heck you don't need to stop by here - go by G-dawgs place and share it - they got a small office back there that I'm sure you could fumigate for them and share the love with multiple folks.

no way!.....G-Dawg don't take kindly to anyone's effluvia!....and besides, he's known to carry a Swiss Army knife!......stuck one fella in the ear with the corkscrew once!......

cougartino
04-10-2015, 11:26 AM
"""so instead of saying excuse me, other folks should say thank you?""""

winner winner chicken dinner!

lol!!!!!

panfan
04-10-2015, 06:06 PM
lol!!!!!

Maybe more like - Thank you sir, may I have another!

panfan
04-10-2015, 06:07 PM
no way!.....G-Dawg don't take kindly to anyone's effluvia!....and besides, he's known to carry a Swiss Army knife!......stuck one fella in the ear with the corkscrew once!......

What's he diggin for, ear wax? That G-dawg........