PDA

View Full Version : Sports Illustrated picks 2017 Astros to win it all!!!

1st and goal
03-27-2015, 07:07 PM
Old news, but it's just around the corner now. Only 2 more years of endurance.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/06/sports-illustrated-houston-astros-2017-world-series-champs-mlb

Can't wait. Sitting on the edge of my chair holding my breath. :)

Saggy Aggie
03-27-2015, 10:19 PM
Lol I like how the writer is dogging on the royals lack of success and then they go on to nearly win the World Series.

Severe case of foot in mouth.

Back to the point though, I'm as big of an astros fan as there is on here. They made some nice additions in the bullpen with Gregerson and a couple others. Should be improved a lot in the back end. Moran will be another to keep an eye on.

Appel and correa have had good spring trainings. Excited to have springer heathy. Lots of these young guys starting to hit the majors and have early success.... Future is bright....

1st and goal
03-28-2015, 08:23 AM
I know your pain.

Like I said waaaay back, fighting over last place gets 1st draft pick. Only need about 9 horrible seasons to field a 1st place draft pick team. LOL. Let's hope these picks pan out.

Staying healthy (mainly pitcher's arms) and letting the young guys gel will help them compete this year. Again, hope the picks bear fruit.

Saggy Aggie
03-28-2015, 11:10 AM
Well, everyone dogged on the Astros for not signing #1 pick Brady Aiken last year but he left his first start this season after throwing just a couple pitches. Ended up having Tommy John surgery a couple days ago.... maybe houston was on to something....

Houston will get the 2nd pick this year and the 5th so no big deal.

Saggy Aggie
03-29-2015, 08:41 PM
Got my tix to the 2nd game against the indians on April 8th :)

ahs_indian_fan
03-30-2015, 08:20 AM
I wonder how long it takes before Nolan Ryan starts getting credit

Saggy Aggie
03-30-2015, 06:41 PM
I think Luhnow is already receiving a lot of credit, not only because of the on going turn around but for his reputation from his time in STL

ahs_indian_fan
03-31-2015, 08:24 AM
Give it time ... Nolan's credit will come. Wheels were already in motion for Texas to be good when he arrived in Arlington but he's still considered the savior of the Rangers.