PDA

View Full Version : Lake Dallas vs B'port

bigbullbacker
10-21-2002, 10:49 PM
Any prediction yet?? Weather wise could be another
turt floater? If it is, will we change our game plan? What type of team does Lake Dallas have this year? I know they have something, their tied with the some team east of sandy for first in district play. LOL...........Go Bulls

PPHSfan
10-21-2002, 11:59 PM
Lake Dallas really has no offense to speak of. They do have some pretty good sized kids though and if the conditions get sloppy the game could be alot closer. On a dry field Bridgeport should win this one big. In the rain, I still would give the Bulls a fairly good sized spread.

The One
10-22-2002, 09:31 PM
I heard a rumor all the ways up here in Denver that they are considering moving Fridays game to the new Lake Dallas sports complex. They have that new astro turf there. I cant imagine Lake Dallas even considering that as an option, that would certainly give Bridgeport an advantage. Anyone heard anything about this?

By the way its 27 degrees and snowing here in Denver currently!

BullsFan
10-22-2002, 09:48 PM
One, they're saying the same thing here. Bad weather = messed up field, and man, did we chew up Decatur's field last week or what? I *almost* felt bad about it. No, really. wink

We're supposed to know something for sure by end of the day on Thursday.

ETA: Snow? SNOW? It was cloudy but muggy here today, and my room was unbearably stuffy. But I'm not jealous. Not ONE bit. No, really. wink

<small>[ October 22, 2002, 09:53 PM: Message edited by: BullsFan ]</small>

slpybear the bullfan
10-22-2002, 09:50 PM
One, when you see the big white bears walk by your hotel window, it is time to come back home...

wink

slpybear

The One
10-22-2002, 10:06 PM
Bear,

Since I am staying on the 3rd floor, I promise if I see that my arse is out of here!!

bigbullbacker
10-22-2002, 10:30 PM
I hope we dont move the game, Decatur field had no drainage (plus eaglerules plowed it up on thursday before the game! haha)I feel our field will hold up fine.

Matthew328
10-22-2002, 10:33 PM
Ya think Bridgeport is gonna try and soften Lake Dallas up for Sanger?? LOL by the way anyone that has seen both LD and Sanger play have any thoughts on that week 9 game? may be the biggest game that a couple of 2-6 teams will play all year!

PPHSfan
10-22-2002, 10:38 PM
Matthew328:
Ya think Bridgeport is gonna try and soften Lake Dallas up for Sanger?? LOL by the way anyone that has seen both LD and Sanger play have any thoughts on that week 9 game? may be the biggest game that a couple of 2-6 teams will play all year!I have seen both of these teams play this year, let me say this. Sanger has been snake bit with a ton of bad luck this year, otherwise they are at least 4-4. Lake Dallas does not have an offense, PERIOD. Sanger is the much better team, but with the way their luck has gone, it really could go either way. If I were forced to pick, to see who had to buy supper, I would still go with Sanger.

<small>[ October 22, 2002, 10:51 PM: Message edited by: PPHSfan ]</small>

Matthew328
10-22-2002, 10:50 PM
Hmm I don't think Decatur fans wanna hear that....gonna be really interesting next week as Decatur, Bridgeport, Everman and Kennedale will all have an eye on the LD-Sanger game...heck Everman plays on Halloween night which is a Thursday I may drive up and watch a couple of 2-6 teams battle it out...LOL If I had to pick I'd also choose Sanger...man how great would that be in bi-district? Kennedale-Bridgeport a rematch of the Reg 1 tittle game..and 10-0 Decatur against the defending state champs...man I hope those games are on different days so I could see B'port and Kennedale and all the B'port and Kennedale fans could check out Everman-Decatur...

The One
10-22-2002, 11:15 PM
Matthew,

Just to clarify, if Decatur goes to Div 01 and faces Everman, then Bport would not get Kennedale in first round. If Decatur goes to D 02 with Bport then Bport would get Kennedale. Is there another scenerio that I am not aware of?

bigbullbacker
10-22-2002, 11:18 PM
I know I wouldnt look forward to playing kennedale right out the gate, but hey we gotta play em somewhere down the line. AS far as Decatur and Everman are concerned YIKES, I dont think gainsville will be able too help the egrets with this one if comes down to that.

The One
10-22-2002, 11:19 PM
Bigbullbacker,

It would be to our benefit to move the game. We definatley have a better advantage on turf then the potential field trouble in Bridgeport on Friday. Saying that their is no way Lake Dallas would agree to that. They seen what happenend last week, they know that they could probably keep it close in those kind of field conditions. That being said I will see you in Bridgeport on Friday.

PPHSfan
10-23-2002, 12:07 AM
Guys I am telling you this, Bridgeport should win this game easy, it may be a little closer if it rains but not that much closer. LD has only found any kind of offense whatsoever against Little Elm and Lake Worth. In their first five games against...Springtown, Bonham, Pottsboro,Celina, and Pilot Point they were outscored 110-35. And Bridgeport has already proven they can play ball with any of these five teams. If you play on a dry field, Bridgeport by forty points. If its Wet Bridgeport by 21.

bigbullbacker
10-23-2002, 08:56 PM
The One:
Bigbullbacker,

It would be to our benefit to move the game. We definatley have a better advantage on turf then the potential field trouble in Bridgeport on Friday. Saying that their is no way Lake Dallas would agree to that. They seen what happenend last week, they know that they could probably keep it close in those kind of field conditions. That being said I will see you in Bridgeport on Friday.The only way this game is not going to happen friday nite in B'port, is if late Friday the coaches r unable to prepare the field
(ie:paint the strips and numbers etc.......... in which I believe they will delay the game till sat., in B'port and they could I guess pick Lake Dallas field,But it would be saturday
My prediction for the game is
B'port 40 Falcons 10 Rain or Shine