PDA

View Full Version : Centennial: Only the rocks live forever

regaleagle
03-16-2015, 05:19 AM
A new series on Encore Western just starting. "Only the rocks live forever" is only Part 1 of 12 in the series. Do not miss this special western series. Can't wait for Part 2 to air. Part 2 is called "The Yellow Apron" and will air 3/16 @ 7 PM. You'll recognize some of the actors. For all western lovers out there(like me) I would call this a must see. I've been watching westerns for 50 yrs and never before have I seen this series.

regaleagle
03-16-2015, 05:42 AM
Looks like Part 3 will immediately follow Part 2 tonite, and then tomorrow nite beginning again at 7 PM Parts 4 & 5 will air. Evidently the entire series will run beginning at 7 PM each evening on EWSTN and then will be replayed each early morning beginning at around 1:30 am but the replay time slots vary slightly. Part 12 will finalize the series on Saturday at 7 PM with the replay to the finale starting at 3 AM. Beats the heck out of going to the movies or seeing reruns. EWSTN is a great station anyways, and has great westerns lined up to view all the time.

regaleagle
03-16-2015, 05:56 AM
And just for you hard-core movie watchers, at 7 am this morning you get the supreme opportunity to watch "Surf Nazis Must Die"......haha, no joke. It will air on EPXDR (Epix Drive-In) which is channel 292 if you have DISH. Shot in 1987, an angry mother hunts neo-Nazi surfers for killing her son in a California of the near future. COWABUNGA is all I gotta say, LOL.

regaleagle
03-16-2015, 10:35 PM
"Now he's come to a place where he has nothing.....well, maybe that's the place in every man's life where he's finally learned the value of all things".

regaleagle
03-16-2015, 11:00 PM
Replays of tonite's Part 2 begins airing at 4:05 am...."The Yellow Apron". Immediately following starting at 5:40 am will be Part 3...."The Wagon and the Elephant". Tuesday night beginning at 7 PM again will begin Part 4 of the series...."For as Long as the Waters Flow". Part 5 immediately follows at 8:40 PM...."The Massacre"

regaleagle
03-16-2015, 11:37 PM
From the 1700's til this day Americans have been on this piece of God-blessed land we call the United States of America. There is much great history attached to its people and the events as they occurred that lends much perspective to how and why we grew to become the greatest nation in the world. Not without struggles, but in a God-ordained belief that good triumphs over evil, rule of law established by Godly men is necessary for a people and nation to prosper, and the free will of men to live without oppression exemplifies what made this nation a blessed nation. Understanding how we prospered as a nation, and the toils and sacrifices that were required to reap the rewards of that prosperity gives us insight into perhaps why today we no longer enjoy those freedoms, no longer have an honest rule of law, and no longer have leadership in this nation led by Godly men.

regaleagle
03-16-2015, 11:59 PM
We cannot expect the present-day circumstances to be compared with past historical events, but we can derive some basic truths that made this nation the most revered country in the world. This is why it is important to understand our history and how we got from that place in time to where we are now. Somewhere along the line we lost what once made this nation and its people strong. We no longer have that....only a lesser degree of it.....but perhaps not even as strong as our enemies. Strength, determination, righteousness in the sight of the Lord...."IN GOD WE TRUST".....has been a precept that has become overtaken and abandoned by the leadership of this nation. It has been replaced by those that would put the value of their personal holdings and power above the free will and rights of honest men to live and thrive together under God's laws. If you scoff at this, then you are part of the problem and not the solution. If you do not adhere to a belief that this great nation was founded and based upon, and then thrived and prospered through much testing and adversity......then you are blind and cannot see. I will stop here for now that we may all ponder our place in the world going forward, and what the future holds both personally and as a nation for the people of the United States of America. If you are satisfied with what you see and know, but don't wonder what could be IF you had your choice.....then maybe you should delve into history a little deeper.

regaleagle
03-17-2015, 12:05 AM
HISTORY.....the word itself is derived from HIS STORY. Who's story? HIS story......the greatest story ever. The story of mankind on this earth. The story of what, when, where, and why. The story of what has been and what will be. The story of choice and free will. The story of good vs. evil. The story of love conquers hate. Need I continue??? And you scoff at history as a means to gain insight and perspective??? Woe to you. Do you not see that HIS story is also YOUR story? One way or the other, it is.

regaleagle
03-17-2015, 02:46 AM
In "THE TALL MEN", Clark Gable is a Texan in Montana after the civil war. He and his brother, Cameron Mitchell, have hooked up with a wealthy cattle baron, Robert Ryan, to drive a herd 1500 miles from Texas to Montana. He's says those people haven't seen a beef steak in years, and the cattle will bring $50/head. He's willing to cut Gable and his brother in for 50% of the spoils if they'll put the drive together. Along the way he meets Jane Russell, and Gable is tellling her how all he really wants is to have a "little cubby hole" of his own in Texas and a good woman to love. He's laying it on thick and manly.....only the way Clark Gable can. And Russell is her normal sassy, snappy, all-women character.....the dialogue worth the watch. Of course rich cattle baron Ryan is fond of her too, so there's the hidden storyline right there, folks.

Cam
03-19-2015, 12:59 PM
I love westerns!!...especially when it involved these guys!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v69cIp8Xe64

regaleagle
03-20-2015, 04:03 AM
Men come to the land and try to claim it.....to make it theirs. But it can be theirs for only a little while until they die. Then the land claims the men and continues to live.
That quote is mine......regaleagle.

regaleagle
03-20-2015, 04:30 AM
I was quite the young writer in my high school days. I had a rare affinity for expressing feelings descriptively on paper. Now it's done mainly electronically. I ventured away into other interests that also captured my spirit in this great State of Texas. I've seen many changes through my 5 decades living and thriving in Texas. I love Texas almost as much as I did my wife.....may she rest in peace.....maybe even more. Certainly in a different way. She was not a Texas native, but got here as soon as she could. She learned to love it too, as she did me. My son loves Texas, and has seen it from many different perspectives than his contemporaries.....I made sure of that. North, South, East, and West, Central and the Valley, Coastal and the Plains, grand cities and rural communities, small towns and the suburbs.....it's the best the US has to offer. The people make this state great.....they always have and hopefully always will. The history, legend, and heritage of Texas is steeped in a tradition so rich it cannot and will not ever completely die. It's landscape and terrain are diverse and scenic, and its inhabitants are strong and proud. But proud in a good way. I love Texas and I'm proud to call it my home.