PDA

View Full Version : HUGE signing for Dallas Cowboys

caleb_mccaig
03-13-2015, 09:54 AM
Boys sign Darren McFadden.

#DMC2k

No way he plays in more than five games, guy is made of total glass. At least we're trying I suppose....

Bullaholic
03-13-2015, 10:37 AM
Boys sign Darren McFadden.

#DMC2k

No way he plays in more than five games, guy is made of total glass. At least we're trying I suppose....

McFadden came at a bargain---hard to pass up for a decent RB.

Emerson1
03-13-2015, 11:24 AM
Only $100,000 of it is guaranteed. Full of incentives. Played in all 16 games last year. Going from the 28th ranked oline to the best in the league.

There is a reason Murray wanted no part of the Raiders lol.

caleb_mccaig
03-13-2015, 12:45 PM
Only $100,000 of it is guaranteed. Full of incentives. Played in all 16 games last year. Going from the 28th ranked oline to the best in the league.

For sure, Oakland was certainly a pass first team last year, even with the rookie Carr under center.

DMC I think can run, probably more explosive than Murray is, and also catch out of the backfield. He's still only 27, so I'm assuming that most of his 4.33 40 time is still there. The only thing I'm not sure of, and I don't think there's a RB better in the league at than Murray was pass protect.

If DMC can stay healthy I see no reason why him and Randle (who I'm assuming will be the #2 back) shouldn't combine for 2,000 yards on the ground next year.

Macarthur
03-15-2015, 10:31 AM

This is a low risk, high reward type of signing. Still most likely going RB somewhere in the first 3 rounds of the draft.

It will be interesting to see McFadden behind that line. Guy is really explosive.

Saggy Aggie
03-15-2015, 06:37 PM
I think it's a pretty good signing. Any rb can look good behind that line. I honestly don't think demarco is that special and he isn't worth the money he got

Emerson1
03-17-2015, 11:44 AM
For sure, Oakland was certainly a pass first team last year, even with the rookie Carr under center.

DMC I think can run, probably more explosive than Murray is, and also catch out of the backfield. He's still only 27, so I'm assuming that most of his 4.33 40 time is still there. The only thing I'm not sure of, and I don't think there's a RB better in the league at than Murray was pass protect.

If DMC can stay healthy I see no reason why him and Randle (who I'm assuming will be the #2 back) shouldn't combine for 2,000 yards on the ground next year.

I'd bet money that DMC has a much better YPC and as whole the running game is more efficient.

I think it's a pretty good signing. Any rb can look good behind that line. I honestly don't think demarco is that special and he isn't worth the money he got

He isn't. Murray lost so much speed over the years it's incredible. Anyone who watched all the games and wasn't a total fanboy saw how often he mis-read a hole or made no attempt to avoid running straight towards a defender.

Farmersfan
03-17-2015, 02:27 PM
I'd bet money that DMC has a much better YPC and as whole the running game is more efficient.

He isn't. Murray lost so much speed over the years it's incredible. Anyone who watched all the games and wasn't a total fanboy saw how often he mis-read a hole or made no attempt to avoid running straight towards a defender.

On quite a few occasions Murray broke into the open only to be run down by D-backs or linebackers. McFadden or Peterson would take those to the house................. (despite the fact that Murray was ranked #2 in the NFL on 20+ yard runs with 15)

Emerson1
03-17-2015, 03:00 PM
On quite a few occasions Murray broke into the open only to be run down by D-backs or linebackers. McFadden or Peterson would take those to the house................. (despite the fact that Murray was ranked #2 in the NFL on 20+ yard runs with 15)

How far back is a safety on average? 15 yards? Makes sense.

People say if he didn't fumble in the GB game with that wide open hole than it was a touchdown. When in reality the safety either tracks him down or Murray just makes a cut directly into the safety.

If it isn't obvious one of my happiest Cowboys moments was Dallas not re-signing this guy and Philly picking him up.

Trashman
03-17-2015, 03:05 PM

People say if he didn't fumble in the GB game with that wide open hole than it was a touchdown. When in reality the safety either tracks him down or Murray just makes a cut directly into the safety.

If it isn't obvious one of my happiest Cowboys moments was Dallas not re-signing this guy and Philly picking him up.

Glad to see somebody else thinks the way I do! :2thumbsup I say Murray ends up on IR before he has played 5 games for Philly.

bobcat1
03-17-2015, 05:43 PM

Glad to see somebody else thinks the way I do! :2thumbsup I say Murray ends up on IR before he has played 5 games for Philly.I agree with you both. I just hope they don't get Todd Gurley.