PDA

View Full Version : DeMarco Murray

Cam
03-11-2015, 08:54 PM
well....the suspense continues on where Murray will land.....but it was confirmed he and Jason Garrett met at the Mavericks game last night......sat next to each other in the men's restroom crapper......and eventually stunk up the place pretty good......anyways, the bigger news of the day is Dallas has invited fullback Jed Collins for a visit!!:eek::D:dispntd::dispntd:

My source (nephew) who works at Fox Sports Los Angeles tells me DeMarco is staying in Dallas....then again, my nephew has been known to be a lyin' sumbitch!!!.....

...this is all Greendawg's fault!!!......

Cam
03-11-2015, 09:05 PM
.....has anybody else noticed that NFL Network co-host Amber Theoharis has bigger calf muscles than co-host Willie McGinest???.....:doh:

greendawg84
03-12-2015, 07:56 AM
He gone ! Jerry just has to find someone to hose over in a trade . Not my fault Dez and Romo squeezed him out of the cash .

Roughneck93
03-12-2015, 08:18 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/12/demarco-murray-plans-to-sign-with-the-eagles/

regaleagle
03-12-2015, 08:53 AM
Cowboys put him in a precarious position of choosing between the team he wants to play for(maybe get a ring) or the opportunity to sign for much more money w/Philly to secure his financial future. NFL players generally have short tenures to earn their money, esp. starting rb's. Can't blame a guy for looking after his future security when he knows it could be ended in one play at anytime. He's made his choice since the Cowboys couldn't pony up what the market will pay him.

Macarthur
03-12-2015, 08:53 AM
I certainly would rather have him than not, but the price is critical.

I don't want to diminish what Murray did last season, but it's the first time in his entire career that he played an entire season. I think JJ is to be commended because it appears he's being very disciplined.

Macarthur
03-12-2015, 08:55 AM
And let's not forget some pretty critical fumbles.

regaleagle
03-12-2015, 08:56 AM
I'm sure Murray's agent will give the Cowboys one last shot before they sign. I doubt if JJ will or can match the Philly money. Obviously, the Cowboys hands on tied on this one.

Rocket Man
03-12-2015, 09:45 AM
Ok, here's my 2 cents:

The Cowboys' offensive line & scheme were a big part of Murray's success, which I don't think he will enjoy should he end up anywhere else.

Prediction: If Murray ends up somewhere else, he will finish next season outside the top five running backs....................(Disclaimer: the foregoing prediction should not be relied upon for betting)

Cam
03-12-2015, 09:58 AM
.....thhiss ith so upsetting!....(said with a strong lisp!)......

caleb_mccaig
03-12-2015, 10:03 AM
.....thhiss ith so upsetting!....(said with a strong lisp!)......

I mean, the Boys beat GB last year if Demarco doesn't let a hand cause a fumble when he had literally no one in front of him. Our TO ratio drops with him gone. You put literally anyone back there and they'll produce. The only thing we'll miss is his pass protection.

pirate4state
03-12-2015, 11:45 AM
Wish it weren't to the Iggles, but so be it! I agree with Mac - this is his first year of real productive and his TOs were always in HUGE spots - so I'm sure if our line stays healthy we won't be taking a big hit. Hopefully Randle can stay out of trouble. Like the way he runs!

caleb_mccaig
03-12-2015, 01:00 PM
Philly is offering a five year $42 mil deal with $21 mil guaranteed. That's absurd for a running back in this market.

Thank God we didn't match that.

Macarthur
03-12-2015, 02:19 PM
I think signs have been pointing this way for some time, but I think this is a very clear signal that Stephen Jones is running this thing now.

Cam
03-12-2015, 03:32 PM
awww good riddance I say.....least I don't gotta see this anymore!!....anyone who can't tighten his belt better than that deserves to be an Eagle!...I dislike that team immensely....but only because of a bad experience I had in Pennsylvania many years ago.....
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/murray.jpg

....it's entertaining to watch a team getting built or dismantled...there's plenty of good RB's in this draft that could be had in the first 3 to 4 rounds...should be interesting to see what happens next...I expect a few free agent signings now that the Murray thing is settled...probably more so on the defensive side.......

Rabid Cougar
03-12-2015, 04:10 PM
Lance Dunbar! GMG!

Cam
03-12-2015, 04:28 PM
Lance Dunbar! GMG!

Gurnisht Mit Gurnisht ??? (Yiddish: Nothing with Nothing).......:vrycnfsd:

Rabid Cougar
03-13-2015, 08:52 AM
Gurnisht Mit Gurnisht ??? (Yiddish: Nothing with Nothing).......:vrycnfsd:

This is why I hate free agency. No "Real" Cowboy would go to the Eagles in the old days.

Bullaholic
03-13-2015, 09:38 AM
"When it is all said and done, we're just cheering for laundry"--- Jerry Seinfeld

Farmersfan
03-13-2015, 01:08 PM
And let's not forget some pretty critical fumbles.

Let's also not forget that although he carried a huge load he was barely a top 10 RB in yards per carry. Any number of RB's in the league last season would have beat his numbers if they had carried the ball as many times as he did. On the turnover things Murray had a fumble every 130 carries. I think that would probably make him top 5 in the NFL in carries per fumble..........................(didn't do the math)

caleb_mccaig
03-13-2015, 03:02 PM
Let's also not forget that although he carried a huge load he was barely a top 10 RB in yards per carry. Any number of RB's in the league last season would have beat his numbers if they had carried the ball as many times as he did. On the turnover things Murray had a fumble every 130 carries. I think that would probably make him top 5 in the NFL in carries per fumble..........................(didn't do the math)

Demarco had six fumbles last year, the most of any RB in the league. The most amazing thing is that he lost all six of them, tied for second with Cutler and Luck and only behind the leader in lost fumbles Cam Newton with 7.