PDA

View Full Version : Billy Pickard - An Old Aggie Passes

Rabid Cougar
03-09-2015, 08:16 AM
Billy Pickard died last nignt. Anyone who ever has been associated with Texas A&M football/athletics in the last 60 years would know him. He as was the equipemnt manager for Bear Bryant's Junction Gang and remained associated with the team as Head Equipment Manager/ Associate Athletic Director since then. Came across as mean as hell but would give you the shirt off his back to help you out.

He will be missed..

Gig'em.

LHAG
03-10-2015, 10:25 PM
Billy Pickard died last nignt. Anyone who ever has been associated with Texas A&M football/athletics in the last 60 years would know him. He as was the equipemnt manager for Bear Bryant's Junction Gang and remained associated with the team as Head Equipment Manager/ Associate Athletic Director since then. Came across as mean as hell but would give you the shirt off his back to help you out.

He will be missed..

Gig'em.

Billy will be missed. If you saw The Junction boys he is the trainer who jumped in the car and took the dehydrated/overheated player to the doctors to save his life.
I played at A&M in the early 70's and Billy lived across the street in a mobile home as did I and my wife (and two kids). Never saw him come across as mad as hell, but he was younger then.
His funeral is Friday at the MSC. He was a gem and kept many of us sane. Lots of us from that era are going to pay our respects.

Phil C
03-11-2015, 04:42 PM
Sad news. RIP Mr. Pickard. My sympathy to all Aggies.