PDA

View Full Version : Vivian Gray: MVP

regaleagle
03-08-2015, 04:55 PM
Argyle's Vivian Gray was the obvious MVP choice of the UIL Girls Class 4A Basketball State Tournament in San Antonio this past weekend. In just 2 games she scored 57 points and grabbed 25 rebounds against #1 Waco La Vega and #2 Abilene Wylie. La Vega had 2 Division I signees Calveion Landrum(Junior, Baylor) and Erin DeGrate(Senior, Louisville) playing in their starting 5. Gray is just a sophomore this year, and who knows how good this young phenom can eventually be as she matures in her basketball skills, esp. under the tutelage of Coach Skip Townsend and his Asst. and wife Sammye.
Rounding out the rest of the All-Tournament team in Class 4A was Argyle's senior point guard Jessie Sheridan, Abilene Wylie's Brittany Brewer(6-4, Jr.) at center, La Vega's Landrum(5-10, Jr.) at guard, and Liberty Hill's Ashlee Walker(5-8, Sr.) at guard. Congratulations to all these fine young ladies on their performances at the State Tournament this year.
I reckon Vivian Gray will get some serious looks from here on out from major Division I universities to play at the next level. Heck, if she can dominate on the floor against a couple of already high-profile signees in DeGrate and Landrum as only a sophomore, then I guess one might say the future looks very bright for Vivian Gray going forward. Hahaha.....she plays as a forward(no pun intended).