Scoop27
03-07-2015, 04:25 PM
La Marque beats Wharton 62-58 on a 10-0 run to end the game

maestro
03-07-2015, 07:07 PM
The 10-0 run part cannot be correct

Roughneck93
03-07-2015, 08:02 PM
http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/article/La-Marque-edges-Wharton-in-Region-IV-4A-final-6121262.php

Coogs starting five are four sophomores and a junior. No seniors on the roster....

Scoop27
03-08-2015, 12:06 AM
Just going on what KULP radio sports guy said

TarponFanInNorthTexas
03-08-2015, 01:44 AM
http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/article/La-Marque-edges-Wharton-in-Region-IV-4A-final-6121262.php

Coogs starting five are four sophomores and a junior. No seniors on the roster....

Sadly, La Marque ISD, let alone, La Marque High School will no longer exist next year. So for La Marque, this is pretty much it. If all 5 of these kids end up going to Texas City, or Dickinson, they will have a hell of a team next season.

cougartino
03-08-2015, 10:49 AM
La Marque beats Wharton 62-58 on a 10-0 run to end the game

I was there. The score was 55-52 Wharton with 2:36 remaining. LM went on a 10-3 run.

cougartino
03-08-2015, 11:02 AM
Sadly, La Marque ISD, let alone, La Marque High School will no longer exist next year. So for La Marque, this is pretty much it. If all 5 of these kids end up going to Texas City, or Dickinson, they will have a hell of a team next season.

Don't buy everything you hear and read. I live here. The La Marque schools will continue to exist. They're either be under LMISD if the state allows, or under another ISD's banner (ex. North Forest). The surrounding districts/campuses are too far away and would create a logistical nightmare for transportation and space (they don't have the room to accommodate more pupils and don't have time to expand/build new campuses).

TarponFanInNorthTexas
03-08-2015, 02:01 PM
Don't buy everything you hear and read. I live here. The La Marque schools will continue to exist. They're either be under LMISD if the state allows, or under another ISD's banner (ex. North Forest). The surrounding districts/campuses are too far away and would create a logistical nightmare for transportation and space (they don't have the room to accommodate more pupils and don't have time to expand/build new campuses).

Possibly true, but also recall the situation that occurred about 10 years ago? (someone correct me if I'm wrong) Wilmer-Hutchins went through the same situation, but their kids ended up having to go to Dallas ISD if I recall correctly.

However, if what you said does turn out to be true, which ISD would be the preferred one to take over? Texas City?

cougartino
03-08-2015, 06:33 PM
Texas City because it's the closest. Also, many of the LMISD kids live within the western most boundary of Texas City.