PDA

View Full Version : Industrial football coach-AD Jeff Rogers resigns

Scoop27
03-06-2015, 11:28 PM
From the Victoria Advocate
Jeff Rogers' tenure as athletic director and head football coach at Industrial will be a short one.

Rogers, 41, has resigned from the position effective at the end of the school year.

Rogers was hired in April of 2014 and recently had his contract renewed for two years.

"I had some personal issues come up," Rogers said when reached by phone Thursday. "I've got to move back closer to home."

Rogers told the athletes of his decision Thursday.

He said he does not have another job lined up and has enjoyed his stay at Industrial.

Rogers' wife teaches in the district, and his two sons are attending school in the district.

"Industrial has been great to me," he said. "I have no issue with anyone here. We just need to get back to the Waco-Central Texas area where we're from."

The Cobras went 0-10 last season and finished 0-5 in District 14-3A, Division I.

Rogers came to Industrial from Lexington where he was the offensive coordinator in 2013.

He was also an assistant at Blue Ridge, Caldwell, Navasota, Waco Robinson and Waco Reicher.

Industrial will hold a meeting of the board of trustees Saturday to discuss hiring a new athletic director and head football coach.

Tony Williams, superintendent of the Industrial school district, said applications for the position will be accepted through March 26.

Rogers said he would he would remain in his present position until his replacement begins work.