PDA

View Full Version : Football season is over...

waterboy
03-05-2015, 10:29 AM
...but where the heck is everybody??? This place is dead! If you're alive check in!

greendawg84
03-05-2015, 10:39 AM
Im here !

waterboy
03-05-2015, 10:50 AM
Im here !

...And according to Cam, it all your fault!:D

44INAROW
03-05-2015, 11:10 AM
I'm here... waiting on Springtime!

waterboy
03-05-2015, 11:12 AM
I'm here... waiting on Springtime!

Spring time? It's already baseball / softball season! It's a BALMY 30 degrees here in Kilgore, and spring break is next week!

cougartino
03-05-2015, 11:30 AM
Still trying to find some light after that WOS azz whooping, beatdown, total woodshed debacle. But at least we're still doing well in roundball!

panfan
03-05-2015, 11:48 AM
Yo Adrian.

ccmom
03-05-2015, 12:17 PM
:wave::wave:

slingshot
03-05-2015, 12:19 PM
Present.

waterboy
03-05-2015, 12:28 PM
Still trying to find some light after that WOS azz whooping, beatdown, total woodshed debacle. But at least we're still doing well in roundball!

That's alright. I understand. We beat them for you. Good luck to the Cougars in roundball!

waterboy
03-05-2015, 12:30 PM
Present.

Every day is a "present"!:thumbsup:

waterboy
03-05-2015, 12:30 PM

ronwx5x
03-05-2015, 12:54 PM
I'm here but not sure why.

cougartino
03-05-2015, 01:06 PM
That's alright. I understand. We beat them for you. Good luck to the Cougars in roundball!

Thank you! Ya know, losing is a part of the game. But the way we lost. And WOS played one hell of a game and had much to do with that. Congrats on your ring!

Rocket Man
03-05-2015, 01:23 PM
If I were from West, I'd say Czech, but since I'm from Robinson I'll say Check (as in checking in....)

BwdLion73
03-05-2015, 01:41 PM
Attending

toddg
03-05-2015, 01:46 PM
ToddG is never too far away..

Bosqueville
03-05-2015, 02:11 PM
I'm here just depressed now that baseball is on the horizon..

regaleagle
03-05-2015, 04:56 PM
There's a time and season under the sun for all things, and this is NOT the time or season for football. Track, baseball, golf, softball, soccer, and the basketball playoffs are all underway. In Texas football is King, but sometimes athletes need to compete in other sports to develop their overall talent to become the best they can be when football season rolls around in the fall. These are NOT times wasted for the athletes or the coaching staffs.....there is method to the "off season". Variety is the spice of life. Seasons are to be welcomed with open arms and embraced. Not every football player is a star at football....some are better at other sports. I was, even though I loved playing football, too. For me it ended up being baseball and golf, which I still play very well today and I am now 60. Some will get scholarships in these other sports, and that is a good thing. We all love football on this board, but giving space to some of the other sports should be encouraged. Sports is a cycle of seasons.....just like life. Is that just a mere coincidence?

waterboy
03-05-2015, 05:34 PM
There's a time and season under the sun for all things, and this is NOT the time or season for football. Track, baseball, golf, softball, soccer, and the basketball playoffs are all underway. In Texas football is King, but sometimes athletes need to compete in other sports to develop their overall talent to become the best they can be when football season rolls around in the fall. These are NOT times wasted for the athletes or the coaching staffs.....there is method to the "off season". Variety is the spice of life. Seasons are to be welcomed with open arms and embraced. Not every football player is a star at football....some are better at other sports. I was, even though I loved playing football, too. For me it ended up being baseball and golf, which I still play very well today and I am now 60. Some will get scholarships in these other sports, and that is a good thing. We all love football on this board, but giving space to some of the other sports should be encouraged. Sports is a cycle of seasons.....just like life. Is that just a mere coincidence?

Dang! Is life a mere coincidence??? You stepped off the deep end there, brother.:D

I enjoy ALL sports! Well.........., except maybe futbol and underwater basket weaving... I have a daughter who plays softball, and another daughter who runs track. It's a year round cycle for my family. They keep me busy. I love every minute of it, and it gives me great joy to see them succeed. It is teaching them life lessons which will help them later in life. In the fall it starts with cheerleading for football, playing volleyball, basketball, softball and track, then back to softball all summer.

By the way, there is NO WAY anybody will ever convince me that anything about this life is a mere coincidence. Life is a beautiful thing if you embrace it, and we are here for only a little while. If life were by accident or coincidence, what would be the point?

Now, I done stepped off the deep end...:dispntd::bigcry::D

bobcat1
03-05-2015, 06:03 PM
Present

Cam
03-05-2015, 06:31 PM
[QUOTE=waterboy;1859236]...And according to Cam, it all your fault!:D[/QUOT

Yes it is......thank You waterboy

Cam
03-05-2015, 07:04 PM
Well hell...stuck in hospital until at least tomorrow.....wasn't expecting this......my left nut just fell off!!....it just fell off......

movethechain
03-05-2015, 10:07 PM
Well hell...stuck in hospital until at least tomorrow.....wasn't expecting this......my left nut just fell off!!....it just fell off......

These things happen Cam. Just let us Upshur County boys know your size and we will send a Buckeye, of close approximation, that you can use as a prosthetic until you grow a new one. Great thing is, you ain't having to "grow a set". Get well soon. :D

Tejastrue
03-05-2015, 10:35 PM

Why the left one....?..most productive ?..:thinking: or...as the billy goat would say..no more kids!...lol

TarponFanInNorthTexas
03-05-2015, 10:55 PM
I'm actually NOT looking forward to next season. This next one may be one of the worst ones yet for the Tarpons.

Cam
03-05-2015, 11:21 PM

These things happen Cam. Just let us Upshur County boys know your size and we will send a Buckeye, of close approximation, that you can use as a prosthetic until you grow a new one. Great thing is, you ain't having to "grow a set". Get well soon. :D

Sounds good....any size will do....as long as i get one of them with the prickly capsule still intact!!!.....i may just be on to something with that!!!!

Cam
03-05-2015, 11:24 PM

Why the left one....?..most productive ?..:thinking: or...as the billy goat would say..no more kids!...lol

Cause the right one fell off six years ago!!!!.........

Cam
03-05-2015, 11:26 PM
I'm actually NOT looking forward to next season. This next one may be one of the worst ones yet for the Tarpons.

How come tarponfan??

Cam
03-05-2015, 11:36 PM
Dang tejas!!!....my fish is headiing to wimberley tomorrow for that texan baseball tourny and I'm stuck here with iv's and crap in my arms.....i think they play throckmorten at noon then fred at 4.....wimberley on saturday so i'm hoping im discharged tomorrow to at least make saturday's game....
So......no more skateboarding in kilts please!!!......

BB BULLS
03-06-2015, 07:44 AM
still here

buckeyebob
03-06-2015, 09:03 AM

I hate it when that happens...you will now walk with a tilt to the left

greendawg84
03-06-2015, 11:08 AM

That for sure aint my fault !!!!! :hand::dispntd:

Cam
03-06-2015, 11:49 AM
Gdawg......everything is your fault!

Cam
03-06-2015, 11:57 AM
Dang regal.......are you like a real philosopher or something??......

Cam
03-06-2015, 12:01 PM
I hate it when that happens...you will now walk with a tilt to the left

I wonder if Discount Tire can do some sort of balancing????.......

Rocket Man
03-06-2015, 12:55 PM

Dang man! I don't know what else to say except DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!

I do hope the recovery process is short and full for you.

On a more serious note; I sure hope you don't end up using this unfortunate incident as an excuse for losing when I come down there in the fall and school you on paper football..........:stirpot:

99IHSMustang
03-06-2015, 01:22 PM
I go into hibernation until football season starts back up. Why have you awoken me from my slumber? :D

regaleagle
03-07-2015, 02:41 AM
Dang regal.......are you like a real philosopher or something??......

Nope....just trying to give some of the other student athletes a pat on the back that may not play football. I figure quite a few read these posts.

bobcat1
03-07-2015, 08:25 AM
So Cam are you officially a eunuch now?

Cam
03-07-2015, 10:52 AM
So Cam are you officially a eunuch now?

nO.....thank goodness the good Lord gave us three!!...:D:eek:

panfan
03-07-2015, 07:21 PM

they'll just have you swallow a wingnut or two

panfan
03-07-2015, 07:22 PM
Dang man! I don't know what else to say except DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!

I do hope the recovery process is short and full for you.

On a more serious note; I sure hope you don't end up using this unfortunate incident as an excuse for losing when I come down there in the fall and school you on paper football..........:stirpot:
He uses everything as an excuse - like its all G-dawgs fault.

panfan
03-07-2015, 07:23 PM
nO.....thank goodness the good Lord gave us three!!...:D:eek:

a peanut?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
03-08-2015, 01:46 AM
How come tarponfan??

Just some insider info. Don't be shocked if PI doesn't even make the playoffs next season. That's how low the expectations are for next year's team.

buckeyebob
03-08-2015, 08:52 AM

They would be a good choice...however, the real balance would occur when the right one is removed...My wife is a nurse & castrates cattle on the side...she is quite adept.

Rabid Cougar
03-08-2015, 09:41 AM
Now back to our regularly scheduled program......

As hard as it for me to say this there are some pretty cool old Longhorn FOOTBALL games on LHN. Any time you have Keith Jackson calling a game it is worth the time...

LH Panther Mom
03-10-2015, 07:36 PM
I'm here just super busy at work. :helpme:

DU_stud04
03-10-2015, 08:54 PM
today's free agency movement has me missing some football. c'mon august!