PDA

View Full Version : LaVega Lady Pirates- "TWOs"

Rabid Cougar
03-01-2015, 10:01 AM
Two losses in two years. (74-2) Two names to remember - DegGrate and Landrum. Going for Two in a row.

LV doesn't have any posters so i had to pick up the flag for the District with Region 1 and 2 making noise on here.

slingshot
03-01-2015, 11:24 AM
Best 4A girls team in the state. Would prob have a shot in 5A or 6A... absolutely loaded with talent.

regaleagle
03-01-2015, 04:07 PM
Best 4A girls team in the state. Would prob have a shot in 5A or 6A... absolutely loaded with talent.

I would have to agree with that statement.....could possibly be the best high school girls basketball team in the entire state.*

*That doesn't mean they cannot be defeated, though(by another 4A power team).

:taunt::wave::smoker::taunt: :cool:

slingshot
03-01-2015, 04:26 PM
I would have to agree with that statement.....could possibly be the best high school girls basketball team in the entire state.*

*That doesn't mean they cannot be defeated, though(by another 4A power team).

:taunt::wave::smoker::taunt: :cool:Oh--I agree, think we have as good a shot as anyone. We have our 6'4" post who is very highly rated and have several 5'8"--5'10" girls that can flat out shoot. We also play lights out defense and can shut most teams down anytime we need to. Unfortunately LaVega is not 'most teams'...

regaleagle
03-01-2015, 07:45 PM
Hey slingshot.....I got news for ya. Methinks the winning percentage or records will be used as a measure for the seeding of the Final Four. That means it would be Wylie vs Argyle and Liberty Hill vs La Vega. I could be wrong on this assumption and would welcome any opinions in the know.

solocam
03-01-2015, 07:55 PM
Liberty Hill plays Wylie, Lavega gets Argyle

regaleagle
03-01-2015, 07:58 PM
Well, I'm wrong on the matchups even if the seeding thing is correct. The matchups would fall as top seed vs lowest seed and middle seeds against each other. That would mean Argyle vs La Vega and Wylie vs Liberty Hill. It really doesn't matter though, because to win state you have to win the first matchup anyways. Naturally, one would think it best to avoid the strongest opposition until the final game, but does that assumption necessarily hold water??? I say NOT.......it will merely be a contest of matchups among the players on the court and the coaches as they adjust their teams' styles and manner of play during the course of action in each contest.

hollywood
03-01-2015, 08:28 PM
Unbiased prediction:
La Vega vs Wylie for SC. La Vega SC again.

regaleagle
03-01-2015, 08:41 PM
Unbiased prediction:

Kinda leaning toward the favorite, huh? Well excuse me for being a "homer", but I'll take Argyle to win it all, thank you very much, haha. Haven't seen La Vega this season and don't really need to. It will come down to determination and desire, all other aspects being relatively equal. I just hope the "other aspects" are somewhat equal, LOL. :crazy1: :D

regaleagle
03-01-2015, 08:50 PM
Besides, I'm gonna guess Argyle may have the largest support in the gym from the "unbiased" onlookers as the La Vega game is underway. It's merely a hypothetical guess, mind you.

FB-fanatic
03-01-2015, 09:41 PM
Besides, I'm gonna guess Argyle may have the largest support in the gym from the "unbiased" onlookers as the La Vega game is underway. It's merely a hypothetical guess, mind you.
What exactly does that mean or matter? People like us more?

Rabid Cougar
03-01-2015, 10:15 PM
LV vs wylie in semi per uil brackets.

Rabid Cougar
03-01-2015, 10:17 PM
Kinda leaning toward the favorite, huh? Well excuse me for being a "homer", but I'll take Argyle to win it all, thank you very much, haha. Haven't seen La Vega this season and don't really need to. It will come down to determination and desire, all other aspects being relatively equal. I just hope the "other aspects" are somewhat equal, LOL. :crazy1: :D

Does anyone have a junior guard that played on the junior usa team and will be playing on espn in two years???

ccmom
03-01-2015, 11:15 PM
LV vs wylie in semi per uil brackets.

http://www.uiltexas.org/basketball/state-girls

Looks like Argyle gets first shot at LV.

regaleagle
03-01-2015, 11:52 PM
Thanks for the link ccmom. You can go to the link and click on to any team to see their roster and the schedule that they played. Take a real close look at Argyle's....just sayin'.

FB-fanatic
03-02-2015, 12:08 AM
Looks like everybody played Argyle Liberty Christian except Argyle...

regaleagle
03-02-2015, 12:28 AM
After studying the rosters of the teams and their respective schedules played, I'd say this should be a very wide-open tournament for any of the 4 teams to win it. I might even be tempted to drive down to SA to see it for myself.....even though I'm not directly involved in any way, haha.

regaleagle
03-02-2015, 12:29 AM

Yep.....they won't schedule us for some reason. I guess it may have something to do with keeping the peace in town or something, LOL. Argyle's a very small place and these people have to live and see one another fairly frequently.....like at certain social events and functions.

ccmom
03-02-2015, 01:15 AM

Did LH play them? I missed that

regaleagle
03-02-2015, 02:29 AM
You missed it because they did not play, according to the schedules of both teams. Unless they played a warm-up game not recorded on the schedule, maybe.

Rabid Cougar
03-02-2015, 09:18 AM
http://www.uiltexas.org/basketball/state-girls

Looks like Argyle gets first shot at LV.

My bad. Shouldn't trust Max Preps.

Rabid Cougar
03-02-2015, 09:22 AM
Thanks for the link ccmom. You can go to the link and click on to any team to see their roster and the schedule that they played. Take a real close look at Argyle's....just sayin'.

I see a loss to 4A Celina and a 10 point loss to Flower Mound.......

Aguilafanatico
03-02-2015, 09:01 PM
I see a loss to 4A Celina and a 10 point loss to Flower Mound.......

Just to provide a little perspective, 3 of Argyle's 5 losses were in a Naples, FL tourney where they competed against the top girls basketball teams (all classifications) in the nation. They lost by 5 to #7 ranked Long Beach Poly, by 7 to # 8 ranked Elizabethtown, KY, and by 1 to 109th ranked Archer, GA. The other two losses were to Celina by 5 (which the have avenged twice) and to Plano West by 6 (a final four 6A team). They also beat Flower Mound fairly soundly who is also a 6A final four team. While this does not mean that they will beat La Vega, it does point out that the Eagles are battle tested and have competed with (and beaten) some of the best teams in the state.......all classifications.

Wish I could make this one.

slingshot
03-02-2015, 10:39 PM
Just to provide a little perspective, 3 of Argyle's 5 losses were in a Naples, FL tourney where they competed against the top girls basketball teams (all classifications) in the nation. They lost by 5 to #7 ranked Long Beach Poly, by 7 to # 8 ranked Elizabethtown, KY, and by 1 to 109th ranked Archer, GA. The other two losses were to Celina by 5 (which the have avenged twice) and to Plano West by 6 (a final four 6A team). They also beat Flower Mound fairly soundly who is also a 6A final four team. While this does not mean that they will beat La Vega, it does point out that the Eagles are battle tested and have competed with (and beaten) some of the best teams in the state.......all classifications.

Wish I could make this one.Good luck Argyle! Hope we get a chance to see ya'll in the finals!

Aguilafanatico
03-02-2015, 11:09 PM
Ditto Slingshot.

greendawg84
03-03-2015, 10:38 AM
You boys better not count out Liberty Hill . It pains me to root for them but they are the real deal .

regaleagle
03-03-2015, 10:44 AM
You boys better not count out Liberty Hill . It pains me to root for them but they are the real deal .

I'm not counting out any of the 4 teams.....they are all very capable of winning it all. This Final Four is a very good one.

Aguilafanatico
03-03-2015, 12:04 PM
I'm not counting out any of the 4 teams.....they are all very capable of winning it all. This Final Four is a very good one.

Agreed. It's wide-open.

slingshot
03-03-2015, 03:57 PM
I'm not counting out any of the 4 teams.....they are all very capable of winning it all. This Final Four is a very good one.Ditto... and don't worry--we are not looking past Liberty Hill. You look past anyone at this point and you get beat.

Rabid Cougar
03-03-2015, 04:58 PM
Nope. Not wide open. LV is the Champ until proven otherwise. 74-2 isn't chicken feed.

regaleagle
03-06-2015, 04:31 PM
Nope. Not wide open. LV is the Champ until proven otherwise. 74-2 isn't chicken feed.

Your chickens just got sent home to roost. Argyle wins it 58-54 and really missed lots of easy buckets. They led from start to finish, controlled the pace, and never let La Vega play its game. So much for records. It's who you play, not what your record is. La Vega's Landrum and DeGrate were limited by the Argyle Eagles defensively from scoring as they are accustomed, and that was the difference. Argyle controlled the ball and thereby the pace of the game. They forced the Pirates into mistakes and foul trouble by doing so. In the end, La Vega made a great attempt to even up the score, but came up short on all attempts. It was a close game, but Argyle made the plays when they needed to.

regaleagle
03-06-2015, 05:20 PM
Unbiased prediction:

So much for your first part of the prediction. I think Wylie will win the second game and it will be Argyle vs Wylie for the State Championship. Both teams are well-seasoned with tough schedules this season.

slingshot
03-06-2015, 06:39 PM
Nope. Not wide open. LV is the Champ until proven otherwise. 74-2 isn't chicken feed.Proved otherwise...

Rabid Cougar
03-06-2015, 07:54 PM
Again not my monkey.......

Aguilafanatico
03-06-2015, 09:32 PM
You are certainly correct, 74-2 is not chicken feed. However, Argyle stepped up and played one hell of a schedule and has been better off for it. All respect to La Vega but they aren't Plano West, Flower Mound, Long Beach Poly, or Elizabthtown. The girls took their lumps early but it is paying off big now.

regaleagle
03-06-2015, 09:54 PM
So true....but 65-7 for the Argyle girls, a very young team, is nothing to sneeze at with the schedule they have played the past two seasons also.

Rabid Cougar
03-08-2015, 09:49 AM
You are certainly correct, 74-2 is not chicken feed. However, Argyle stepped up and played one hell of a schedule and has been better off for it. All respect to La Vega but they aren't Plano West, Flower Mound, Long Beach Poly, or Elizabthtown. The girls took their lumps early but it is paying off big now.

With all due respect to Argyle's win and their SC, you didn't exactly dominate LaVega . I recall LaVega had the opportunity to win the game at the end. Didn't pull it out, but still they were there.

Aguilafanatico
03-08-2015, 10:37 AM
Yup. 74-3 ain't chicken feed.

regaleagle
03-08-2015, 03:31 PM
It was an excellent epic battle by two very quality basketball teams. The fans got their money's worth in that one, for sure.