PDA

View Full Version : ATM DC Chavis

hookandladder
02-27-2015, 10:22 PM
Chavis files law suit against ATM and LSU, what's the story with these s$e schools.

NastySlot
02-27-2015, 11:17 PM
Chavis files law suit against ATM and LSU, what's the story with these s$e schools.
short version:

Contracts/ buyout- they get sketchy/murky with each yearly extensions over time- the sum in question is roughly $400,000- LSU says Chavis owes them, He doesn't think so and A&M doesn't think Chavis or they do either.

Chavis, who is represented by attorney Bill Youngkin, wants a court to figure out whether LSU is owed the money, and if so, what A&M is required to pay LSU.

I was told today that $400,000 is about what LSU owes for backing out of series contract in the 90's

hookandladder
02-28-2015, 08:52 AM
Wow sounds pretty familiar , guess even sec schools have their issues hiring coaches from their own conference. Lol

NastySlot
02-28-2015, 11:17 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Based on concerns raised in the social media I wanted to provide you, our statement concerning the inclusion of Texas A&M in the lawsuit filed by Coach Chavis.

"Coach Chavis could not be happier to be the defensive coordinator at Texas A&M. He looks forward to the start of spring practice on Monday and is excited about coaching the Aggies this fall. Texas A&M was included in the lawsuit because it is an indispensable party and its inclusion is necessary to resolve the dispute LSU has created."

Bill Youngkin
Attorney for Coach Chavis
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The above was sent out by Chavis's Attorney

hookandladder
03-01-2015, 10:43 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Based on concerns raised in the social media I wanted to provide you, our statement concerning the inclusion of Texas A&M in the lawsuit filed by Coach Chavis.

"Coach Chavis could not be happier to be the defensive coordinator at Texas A&M. He looks forward to the start of spring practice on Monday and is excited about coaching the Aggies this fall. Texas A&M was included in the lawsuit because it is an indispensable party and its inclusion is necessary to resolve the dispute LSU has created."

Bill Youngkin
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The above was sent out by Chavis's Attorney

So in other words this law suit will be settle out of court just like Wickline's law suit but the media wants to make a big deal out of a minor issue, LOl.

Saggy Aggie
03-01-2015, 11:56 AM
So in other words this law suit will be settle out of court just like Wickline's law suit but the media wants to make a big deal out of a minor issue, LOl.

In other words, lsu wants 400K from chavis. A&M has agreed to pay any buyout chavis requires, but A&M doesn't think lsu is owed anything. This will let the court decide if a&m has to pay and if so, how much.

Personally, I don't see how a&m can get out of paying it. Chavis was in college station recruiting for a&m well before the buyout period ended....

Either way, chavis won't pay anything.

NastySlot
03-01-2015, 12:26 PM

Pretty much. That's the media.

Macarthur
03-01-2015, 01:33 PM
Would you rather the media not report the story?

NastySlot
03-01-2015, 01:44 PM
Would you rather the media not report the story?
Pretty much a non story until you add A&M to suit- current employer.

Rabid Cougar
03-01-2015, 02:52 PM
Official statement from Texas A&M on the Chavis lawsuit with LSU & A&M:

"There is not a dispute between Coach Chavis and Texas A&M. The University stands behind its commitment to Coach Chavis to pay any buyout due to LSU. The issue is that Texas A&M disagrees with LSU that any buyout payment is actually due."

Rabid Cougar
03-01-2015, 02:59 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Bill Youngkin

hookandladder
03-01-2015, 03:51 PM
Pretty much. That's the media.

Yes the media is so screwed up, what a joke and that includes espn.Lol

Macarthur
03-01-2015, 09:38 PM
Pretty much a non story until you add A&M to suit- current employer.

That did not answer my question.

New Taiton
03-02-2015, 10:14 AM
what's the story with these s$e schools.

What's the story with the Big 12? One of the schools has a head coach involved in three lawsuits right now.

hookandladder
03-02-2015, 10:23 AM
What's the story with the Big 12? One of the schools has a head coach involved in three lawsuits right now.

Way to answer the question, words right out of your mouth. Lol

NastySlot
03-02-2015, 11:26 AM
That did not answer my question.

Sorry - me personally, I would of been fine with out it reported.

Macarthur
03-02-2015, 11:35 AM
ok. My point is that it is a news story.

NastySlot
03-02-2015, 02:47 PM
ok. My point is that it is a news story.

You are correct it is a news story but I think Youngkin put it best today:

"The headlines though are usually on the control of an editor somewhere, and it’s to catch the attention of and to make people want to read the story"

A&M's involvement is that it has voice in this case- as to whether or not it will have to compensate LSU if the judge rules in LSU favor over Chavis.

hookandladder
03-02-2015, 03:27 PM
You are correct it is a news story but I think Youngkin put it best today:

"The headlines though are usually on the control of an editor somewhere, and it’s to catch the attention of and to make people want to read the story"

A&M's involvement is that it has voice in this case- as to whether or not it will have to compensate LSU if the judge rules in LSU favor over Chavis.

The media wants to make something out of nothing to make money and most people are ignorant enough to read more into their crap they report, Lol.

caleb_mccaig
03-03-2015, 10:48 AM
A lot of people are making this a big deal and idk why. Buyouts/severance happen in the business world all the time and companies and high-up employees duke it out in court more than you know. For some reason a lot of A&M people think that this is LSU just being butthurt. Not the case, $400,000 is a lot of money, especially when we're talking about coordinator positions.

From everything I've read, Chavis allegedly gave LSU a notice he was leaving in 30 days on like January 5. If that was the case then LSU wouldn't be entitled to the buyout amount since the deadline for it was February 1. However, it's never that easy is it? Chief was allegedly seen wearing A&M gear with Sumlin and was also supposedly recruiting for A&M while he was "technically" still an LSU employee. I'd be really surprised if A&M didn't have to pay the buyout, at least from the details I've heard.

I don't care what happens, I'm just tired of hearing A&M people say that LSU fans won't let it go. The DC didn't make LSU one of the best units in the country, it's been that way with several coordinators now, the players did.

The whole recruiting situation, if true, however screams NCAA violations though.
http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2015/03/former_lsu_d-coordinator_john.html

hookandladder
03-03-2015, 11:48 AM
A lot of people are making this a big deal and idk why. Buyouts/severance happen in the business world all the time and companies and high-up employees duke it out in court more than you know. For some reason a lot of A&M people think that this is LSU just being butthurt. Not the case, $400,000 is a lot of money, especially when we're talking about coordinator positions.

From everything I've read, Chavis allegedly gave LSU a notice he was leaving in 30 days on like January 5. If that was the case then LSU wouldn't be entitled to the buyout amount since the deadline for it was February 1. However, it's never that easy is it? Chief was allegedly seen wearing A&M gear with Sumlin and was also supposedly recruiting for A&M while he was "technically" still an LSU employee. I'd be really surprised if A&M didn't have to pay the buyout, at least from the details I've heard.

I don't care what happens, I'm just tired of hearing A&M people say that LSU fans won't let it go. The DC didn't make LSU one of the best units in the country, it's been that way with several coordinators now, the players did.

The whole recruiting situation, if true, however screams NCAA violations though.
http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2015/03/former_lsu_d-coordinator_john.html

That's some funny ****, Lol.

NastySlot
03-03-2015, 12:01 PM
chances are never makes it to the judge. Worked out by lawyers before hand.

"A lot of people are making this a big deal and idk why. Buyouts/severance happen in the business world all the time and companies and high-up employees duke it out in court more than you know."

more like they solve the situations before they see a courtroom- one side loses if goes before a judge.

for the record A&M should pay and everyone move on.

hookandladder
03-03-2015, 12:21 PM
chances are never makes it to the judge. Worked out by lawyers before hand.

"A lot of people are making this a big deal and idk why. Buyouts/severance happen in the business world all the time and companies and high-up employees duke it out in court more than you know."

more like they solve the situations before they see a courtroom- one side loses if goes before a judge.

for the record A&M should pay and everyone move on.

Wonder if anything will happen to atm with Chavis recruiting for atm while still being paid by LSU, that does not look well for Chavis.

NastySlot
03-03-2015, 12:28 PM
Wonder if anything will happen to atm with Chavis recruiting for atm while still being paid by LSU, that does not look well for Chavis.

Not too sure how that will play out. Wondering if after his notice if he was reassigned to another position. I believe LSU had name new coordinator sometime in January

New Taiton
03-03-2015, 12:31 PM

Speaking of making a big deal out of nothing....keep grasping hook.....

NastySlot
03-03-2015, 12:51 PM
the article is pretty weak- tells us he was recruiting and he might not of been full time. Writer should have cited ncaa rule. How do we know he wasn't full time yet? He could of been on payroll for both idk? If his last day was In February how was Steele announced in January? Was LSU paying for two DC's? Did LSU have too many on staff? Caleb threw out the word butthurt that article smells of butthurt written to get people riled up.
Again case never makes it to judge my guess A&M pays probably half of the $400000

hookandladder
03-03-2015, 03:40 PM
Speaking of making a big deal out of nothing....keep grasping hook.....

Does not matter one way or the other with me, just asking a question that was in the article. Does it bother you that much, Lol.

New Taiton
03-03-2015, 04:58 PM
No.

I just find it ironic that you're interested in questions being answered since you've deflected every question of substance poised at you. You're favorite school's head coach is named or has been subpoenaed in three concurrent and seperate lawsuits and you have nothing to say about it. Now all of a sudden, you're interested in A&M?

Seems like if the shoe was on the other foot, this is the point where you would call me a "looser aggy, lol".

Saggy Aggie
03-03-2015, 06:41 PM
No.

I just find it ironic that you're interested in questions being answered since you've deflected every question of substance poised at you. You're favorite school's head coach is named or has been subpoenaed in three concurrent and seperate lawsuits and you have nothing to say about it. Now all of a sudden, you're interested in A&M?

Seems like if the shoe was on the other foot, this is the point where you would call me a "looser aggy, lol". got em

hookandladder
03-04-2015, 07:08 AM
No.

Seems like if the shoe was on the other foot, this is the point where you would call me a "looser aggy, lol".

Well if the shoe fits, yes. Can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. Poor aggy, LMAO.

hookandladder
03-04-2015, 07:10 AM
got em

I thought you were moving to Nigeria or some other place Pancho said, LOl

caleb_mccaig
03-04-2015, 11:25 AM
the article is pretty weak- tells us he was recruiting and he might not of been full time. Writer should have cited ncaa rule. How do we know he wasn't full time yet? He could of been on payroll for both idk? If his last day was In February how was Steele announced in January? Was LSU paying for two DC's? Did LSU have too many on staff? Caleb threw out the word butthurt that article smells of butthurt written to get people riled up.
Again case never makes it to judge my guess A&M pays probably half of the $400000

For Chavis to have been hired by A&M and for him to have been allowed contractually to recruit for A&M like he was on January 15 when Kris Boyd posted a photo of him and Chavis in A&M gear he would have had to have paid the $400,000 buyout clause because he "broke" his contract.

He can't have been on both payrolls. He was contractually obligated to LSU.

NCAA Bylaw 11.7
“An individual who coaches and either is uncompensated or receives compensation or remuneration of any sort from the institution, even if such compensation or remuneration is not designated for coaching, shall be designated as a head coach, assistant coach, volunteer coach, graduate assistant coach or student assistant coach by certification of the institution.”

I mean there's no way some kind of a check doesn't get cut out to LSU in this situation I feel like. Regardless, I honestly can't believe A&M just let him openly recruit like he did.

NastySlot
03-04-2015, 11:55 AM
For Chavis to have been hired by A&M and for him to have been allowed contractually to recruit for A&M like he was on January 15 when Kris Boyd posted a photo of him and Chavis in A&M gear he would have had to have paid the $400,000 buyout clause because he "broke" his contract.

He can't have been on both payrolls. He was contractually obligated to LSU.

NCAA Bylaw 11.7
“An individual who coaches and either is uncompensated or receives compensation or remuneration of any sort from the institution, even if such compensation or remuneration is not designated for coaching, shall be designated as a head coach, assistant coach, volunteer coach, graduate assistant coach or student assistant coach by certification of the institution.”

I mean there's no way some kind of a check doesn't get cut out to LSU in this situation I feel like. Regardless, I honestly can't believe A&M just let him openly recruit like he did.

A&M is going to have to pay. The question will be how much of the $400.000. That's why there are lawyers involved.

Saggy Aggie
03-04-2015, 08:11 PM
I thought you were moving to Nigeria or some other place Pancho said, LOl

You do realize that other countries have Internet, don't you? Or maybe you're too thick to understand that

hookandladder
03-05-2015, 08:54 AM
You do realize that other countries have Internet, don't you? Or maybe you're too thick to understand that

Them Nigerians may not let you use the internet, might threaten to cut your fingers off. Lol