PDA

View Full Version : Yoakum's 5 Finalist Named

YTBulldogs
02-26-2015, 12:04 AM
By Mike Forman , Victoria Advocate
Feb. 25, 2015 at 9:45 p.m.
Updated Feb. 25, 2015 at 9:49 p.m.

Five finalists have been selected for the position of athletic director and head football coach at Yoakum.

Tom Kelley, superintendent of the Yoakum school district, said the district received 80 applications for the position.

The finalist selected will replace Brent Kornegay, who resigned earlier this month to become the athletic director and head football coach at George West.

The finalists are La Vernia athletic director and head football coach Bo Robinson; Tidehaven athletic director and head football coach Brent Mascheck; Yoakum defensive coordinator Kent Bode; Howe athletic director and head football coach Zack Hudson; and San Angelo Grape Creek head coach Kyle Atwood.

Kelley said the five candidates have been interviewed and the selection will be made at Monday's meeting of the board of trustees.

The Bulldogs advanced to the Class 4A, Division I quarterfinals last season and finished with a 10-4 record.

SintonFan_inAustin
02-26-2015, 12:56 AM

Five finalists have been selected for the position of athletic director and head football coach at Yoakum.

Tom Kelley, superintendent of the Yoakum school district, said the district received 80 applications for the position.

The finalist selected will replace Brent Kornegay, who resigned earlier this month to become the athletic director and head football coach at George West.

The finalists are La Vernia athletic director and head football coach Bo Robinson; Tidehaven athletic director and head football coach Brent Mascheck; Yoakum defensive coordinator Kent Bode; Howe athletic director and head football coach Zack Hudson; and San Angelo Grape Creek head coach Kyle Atwood.

Kelley said the five candidates have been interviewed and the selection will be made at Monday's meeting of the board of trustees.

The Bulldogs advanced to the Class 4A, Division I quarterfinals last season and finished with a 10-4 record.interesting La Vernia's coach is looking around. Know a assistant coach there wonder if he'll take his staff with him if selected.

YTBulldogs
02-26-2015, 02:14 AM
I know three of the applicants. Take anyone of them. Know nothing of Hudson from Howe (wherever that is) or Atwood from San Angelo Grape Creek (never heard of it either). Get the selection in, and let's get to work.

Snotbubbles
02-26-2015, 02:23 AM
LV got a new sup from San Antonio. Bears be lucky to retain any coach and attract new ones under him I hear. Big changes coming and not good IMO.

YTBulldogs
02-26-2015, 02:31 AM
LV got a new sup from San Antonio. Bears be lucky to retain any coach and attract new ones under him I hear. Big changes coming and not good IMO.

Well, we are blessed with a great Superintendent in Yoakum. Any of these ap's couldn't work for a better one IMO. Makes the working environment enjoyable, having a guy like this.

44INAROW
02-26-2015, 10:37 AM
Well, we are blessed with a great Superintendent in Yoakum. .
Well, he's a Cuero native, what do you expect :) Tom is a great leader!!! His dad was the Asst Principal and then Principal at Cuero High when I was in school. and Tom's mom was the libraian for the district - family has deep roots in education.. Great family.... :) Anxious to hear who gets the job - I'm predicting Bo Robinson.. just a hunch :smoker:

bd62
02-26-2015, 10:39 AM
I seen Bo Robinson teams play about 10 times and he has done a great job at Lavernia.
I think he would be a good fit at Yoakum . Brent Mascheck previous coach at Columbus
and is a good one. Both these guys have lots of experience as head coach .
Whoever gets the job will have a very talent bunch for the next few yrs

YTBulldogs
02-26-2015, 10:52 AM
Well, he's a Cuero native, what do you expect :) Tom is a great leader!!! His dad was the Asst Principal and then Principal at Cuero High when I was in school. and Tom's mom was the libraian for the district - family has deep roots in education.. Great family.... :) Anxious to hear who gets the job - I'm predicting Bo Robinson.. just a hunch :smoker:

Fully aware where he hailed from once 44. LOL. Seriously, he's good people first, happy he relocated to the north end of Dewitt County and a honor ya'll gave him and his family to us.

warpath
02-26-2015, 12:17 PM
Well, we are blessed with a great Superintendent in Yoakum. Any of these ap's couldn't work for a better one IMO. Makes the working environment enjoyable, having a guy like this.
I agree... The Yoakum Supt is top notch!!!

hookandladder
02-26-2015, 03:02 PM
I know three of the applicants. Take anyone of them. Know nothing of Hudson from Howe (wherever that is) or Atwood from San Angelo Grape Creek (never heard of it either). Get the selection in, and let's get to work.

Hudson is La Grange's former DC under Coach Walker a few years back, would be a great hire for Yoakum. Bo Robinson from what I was told was offered the La Grange job after Coach Walker left but declined the offer, not sure if it was money or if he had some issues with current staff to be retained. Looks like Yoakum has a solid field to pick from, Good Luck.

44INAROW
02-26-2015, 06:44 PM
The Victoria Advocate posted online that Bo Robinson is the man.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

YTBulldogs
02-26-2015, 07:18 PM
The Victoria Advocate posted online that Bo Robinson is the man.

Well, if the VA say's so, must be. Welcome Bo. :clap:

Snotbubbles
02-26-2015, 07:25 PM
In class act, Coach Robinson advised his Bear athletes here today I heard. You'll be missed coach, and wish you well in Bulldog land.

hollywood
02-26-2015, 08:01 PM

The Bulldogs advanced to the Class 4A, Division I quarterfinals last season and finished with a 10-4 record.

Great to here things are shaping up in Yoakum.

The wait is still on in Stephenville.

44INAROW
02-26-2015, 09:24 PM
How do you copy/paste on the iPad? I give up. lol.