PDA

View Full Version : LaVega Girls Basketball

Rabid Cougar
02-24-2015, 04:04 PM
They have scored 193 (104 and 89) and allowed 51 (25 and 26) in two play off games. Have fun with that.

FB-fanatic
02-24-2015, 08:50 PM
Their coach is hilarious. She is an ex-state player herself.

Aguilafanatico
02-25-2015, 02:59 PM
Argyle girls have scored 160 (74 and 86) and allowed 36 (23 and 13) in two playoff games. Having fun with that!

regaleagle
02-25-2015, 03:51 PM
Argyle girls have scored 160 (74 and 86) and allowed 36 (23 and 13) in two playoff games. Having fun with that!

With the starters sitting out in the 2nd half most of both games. I'm sure La Vega did the same. Argyle will need to defeat Celina to move forward. Celina girls are ranked in the Top Ten and have a very formidable team. Thank goodness the Argyle girls are very, very good and have seen excellent opposition all season.

I believe their game with Wilmer Hutchins was postponed Tues. because of inclimate weather in the DFW area. They will play tonite(Wed) at 7PM.

Rabid Cougar
02-25-2015, 04:33 PM

The LaVega girl that beat Argyle by herself is still there by the way. :rolleyes:

Aguilafanatico
02-25-2015, 04:58 PM
The LaVega girl that beat Argyle by herself is still there by the way. :rolleyes:

Oh damn. I wasn't aware. I will pass the word along to coach to cancel the rest of the season. In all seriousness, I think the Eagles would have it no other way. Just about the entire team returned from last year. A rematch of last years sc game would be awesome.

Rabid Cougar
02-25-2015, 05:11 PM
Oh damn. I wasn't aware. I will pass the word along to coach to cancel the rest of the season. In all seriousness, I think the Eagles would have it no other way. Just about the entire team returned from last year. A rematch of last years sc game would be awesome.

Hey, I've got no dog in the fight. Just creating threads to stir up the board a little.

Aguilafanatico
02-25-2015, 05:56 PM
Hey, I've got no dog in the fight. Just creating threads to stir up the board a little.

It certainly needs stirring up. 6 months till August. :thmbdwn:

slingshot
02-26-2015, 02:48 PM
LaVega girls are ridiculous. Our girls have been #2 all season (and probably are the 2nd best team in the state)... let's just say there is a huge gap between #1 and #2. We can match up with them size, discipline and shooting-wise but they are on a different level athletically.

marler1972
02-26-2015, 03:06 PM

Argyle has to beat Gilmer Friday night then beat the winner of Canton and Celina before they can even think about LaVega.....

regaleagle
02-26-2015, 04:13 PM
Argyle has to beat Gilmer Friday night then beat the winner of Canton and Celina before they can even think about LaVega.....

So true marler, and I believe we will all see just how focused and determined this year's version of the team really is as we go forward in these Region 2 playoffs. I fully expect the Celina girls to give their very best effort as well....it should come down to another rematch for the Regional title. Each team has beaten the other, but this time around I look for the Argyle girls to leave no doubt which team is the best. This team is battle-tested, has great depth and experience, fantastic chemistry, proven credentials, great coaching, and is on a mission to get another opportunity to prove to themselves they have all the attributes to win the State Championship. They realize what they will be up against going forward, and have worked hard to shore up those areas of weakness to contend with the best this state has to offer in Class 4A. And this team is still "young" by every standard of a seasoned elite basketball team. I fully expect to see them playing for the title again this season.....but a team like Celina could squash that expectation in its tracks. Regardless, there will be a great team coming out of Region 2 this season to contend for the State Title.

marler1972
02-26-2015, 04:35 PM
The good thing is the Temple Referee Chapter will not be there this year....

regaleagle
02-26-2015, 11:03 PM
That would be like the Denton Chapter officiating the final, haha. How crazy can some of these UIL people be? Ain't got no common sense, do they.

Aguilafanatico
02-28-2015, 02:16 PM

Thinking about La Vega.........