PDA

View Full Version : Allen HS does it again.

Rabid Cougar
02-23-2015, 10:39 AM
2016 Oregon QB commit moving to Texas from Minnesota.... Guess where his dad finds a job? No. 5 Dual Threat in the Nation. They just keep finding them.

Leopard4Life
02-23-2015, 10:47 AM
2016 Oregon QB commit moving to Texas from Minnesota.... Guess where his dad finds a job? No. 5 Dual Threat in the Nation. They just keep finding them.

I don't think Allen finds them. I think they find Allen. All the media talking heads showing the stadium and them winning Maxpreps is the perfect advertising machine.

waterboy
02-23-2015, 11:32 AM
Apparently, getting prepped for a college career is more important than staying where they live. Who wouldn't want to move to Texas? I think his family contacted Allen, not the other way around. Of course, nobody at Allen will say, "No, you can't come here for athletic purposes...., but, if you want to move here, I'm sure we can find a job for you...:thumbsup: We just happen to have an opening.":D I think this is the parents' choice, not the Allen school district.

44INAROW
02-23-2015, 12:00 PM
Apparently, getting prepped for a college career is more important than staying where they live. Who wouldn't want to move to Texas? I think his family contacted Allen, not the other way around. Of course, nobody at Allen will say, "No, you can't come here for athletic purposes...., but, if you want to move here, I'm sure we can find a job for you...:thumbsup: We just happen to have an opening.":D I think this is the parents' choice, not the Allen school district.

I agree with you Waterboy -

NastySlot
02-23-2015, 01:17 PM
I thought this was about Allen wrestling state title streak which they just bumped to six a row this past weekend.

Back to the topic-
What does this kid's dad do?

Rabid Cougar
02-23-2015, 04:59 PM
They are like Alabama.....they recruit by reputation. Murray was at Lewisville or somewhere nearby his Freshman year. Our RB, their No.7, went there last year. Hummmm.

Roughneck93
02-23-2015, 05:16 PM
http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_27418608/high-school-football-east-ridge-qb-seth-green

http://www.twincities.com/prep/ci_27468991/east-ridge-qb-seth-green-transferring-texas-school?source=pkg

Cam
02-23-2015, 05:54 PM
I thought this was about Allen wrestling state title streak which they just bumped to six a row this past weekend.

Back to the topic-
What does this kid's dad do?

....and i thought this was about more cracks in the concrete!!!.....:D

Rabid Cougar
02-23-2015, 07:34 PM
http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_27418608/high-school-football-east-ridge-qb-seth-green

http://www.twincities.com/prep/ci_27468991/east-ridge-qb-seth-green-transferring-texas-school?source=pkg

Lost 9 games in 3 years.....Nope he is not going to make the cut. I don't think Allen has lost 9 games in 10 years.

hollywood
02-23-2015, 09:18 PM
....and i thought this was about more cracks in the concrete!!!.....:D

Lol... Cam, I was thinking the same thing. Oh, crap... That's scary! :helpme:

LHPfactory
02-24-2015, 10:57 AM
What I dont get about schools like Allen is the parents who would rather have their kids be 2nd or 3rd string there than go somewhere they get to play.

If a kid loves football, I cant see as a parent making them watch from the sideline just hoping for a ring.

You only get a few Friday nights to play, then you watch for the rest of your life, I want my kids to spend those Friday nights on the field.

Just a thought.

Rabid Cougar
02-24-2015, 11:46 AM
What I dont get about schools like Allen is the parents who would rather have their kids be 2nd or 3rd string there than go somewhere they get to play.

If a kid loves football, I cant see as a parent making them watch from the sideline just hoping for a ring.

You only get a few Friday nights to play, then you watch for the rest of your life, I want my kids to spend those Friday nights on the field.

Just a thought.

I spoke to SCL Assistant Principal on the sideline at their game with San Angelo Central at the Grocery Store here in Waco. He said there is a core group of school supporters who are adament about keeping one Sr. high School in South Lake. He says they will never create another school in South Lake. It is thier "job" to contunue the tradition. He said it is all about football. Anything that coems along to jeopardize the football program is shot immediately squashed. ALL of their Jr. High Teams are "Dragons". He said they are still "small" pointing out that they still have two way starters.... Allen had one several years ago too. It is the same way in Allen . It is all about the football program.

LHPfactory
02-24-2015, 12:03 PM
I spoke to SCL Assistant Principal on the sideline at their game with San Angelo Central at the Grocery Store here in Waco. He said there is a core group of school supporters who are adament about keeping one Sr. high School in South Lake. He says they will never create another school in South Lake. It is thier "job" to contunue the tradition. He said it is all about football. Anything that coems along to jeopardize the football program is shot immediately squashed. ALL of their Jr. High Teams are "Dragons". He said they are still "small" pointing out that they still have two way starters.... Allen had one several years ago too. It is the same way in Allen . It is all about the football program.

I love our football program in LH as well, but we had no 2 way starters, kids only play offense or defense, all this and still made the semi finals.

Leander ISD adds schools every couple years and still maintains good programs.

Leopard4Life
02-24-2015, 12:16 PM

Just a thought.

The funny thing is that if this Green kid doesn't transfer the predicted starter for Allen is a Lovejoy kid. He went to Lovejoy K-9 and transferred to Allen last year and was required to play JV. The Lovejoy QB's family all still live in Lovejoy and his little brother plays for the Leopards. His mom works for Allen (and has for years) so since she works there he is eligible to attend. He didn't think he wouldn't get to start for Lovejoy until his Sr. year, so with Murray graduating he switched last year.

Rabid Cougar
02-24-2015, 01:21 PM
They really aren't any different than those big named private schools from other states that you see on ESPN all the time.

Leopard4Life
02-24-2015, 01:35 PM
They really aren't any different than those big named private schools from other states that you see on ESPN all the time.

Those Private (Catholic) schools have "scholarship athletes", I know because I was one. Allen doesn't need to go scout for kids. The parents move to Allen and fill out the PAPF (Previous Athletic Participation Form), whether they are honest on the form or not - - well... A kid will not even be on the sideline, let alone in uniform until his PAPF has been approved by the UIL.

NastySlot
02-24-2015, 01:54 PM
Those Private (Catholic) schools have "scholarship athletes", I know because I was one. Allen doesn't need to go scout for kids. The parents move to Allen and fill out the PAPF (Previous Athletic Participation Form), whether they are honest on the form or not - - well... A kid will not even be on the sideline, let alone in uniform until his PAPF has been approved by the UIL.

pretty sure that PAPF doesn't need to be approved by the UIL just the member schools of the competition district. Now if there is a problem an appeal the UIL would get involved.

no PAPF and the kid is a sub varsity player until done.

LHPfactory
02-24-2015, 02:08 PM
With their enrollment Allen could produce
6 good 4A highschools with their current numbers.
Or
4 good 5A schools.
Or
Almost 3 6A Schools.

Just to put it in perspective.

Leopard4Life
02-25-2015, 01:49 PM
pretty sure that PAPF doesn't need to be approved by the UIL just the member schools of the competition district. Now if there is a problem an appeal the UIL would get involved.

no PAPF and the kid is a sub varsity player until done.

Yes, the PAPF goes to the DEC first. Only appeals go up the ladder. All the chatter on this sounds like the DEC would be discouraged from approving it, especially considering the Kyler Murray saga.

Leopard4Life
03-17-2015, 03:49 PM

Just a thought.

Too bad there isn't a like button on this forum. True word...

Leopard4Life
03-27-2015, 02:24 PM

I'd say SLC is mainly about football, and they do protect the tradition, however they aren't only about football. SLC is very good if not great at a lot of things, hence the numerous Lone Star Cups. Allen is on a run in football and great at wrestling (although few know it). They aren't that great at other things.

Seth Green has started classes in Allen, working out with the team and has a private coach (Kevin Murray - Kyler Murray's father). House in Minnesota is NOT on the market and momma and the little brothers are no where to be seen in Allen. Funny that this is being made a big deal (especially by SLC and Lewisville/Flower Mound folks), but Brennon Wooten leaving Marble Falls for San Angelo Central isn't that hot of a topic... guess it's all about the rings.

Cam
03-29-2015, 09:00 PM
I'd say SLC is mainly about football, and they do protect the tradition, however they aren't only about football. SLC is very good if not great at a lot of things, hence the numerous Lone Star Cups. Allen is on a run in football and great at wrestling (although few know it). They aren't that great at other things.

Seth Green has started classes in Allen, working out with the team and has a private coach (Kevin Murray - Kyler Murray's father). House in Minnesota is NOT on the market and momma and the little brothers are no where to be seen in Allen. Funny that this is being made a big deal (especially by SLC and Lewisville/Flower Mound folks), but Brennon Wooten leaving Marble Falls for San Angelo Central isn't that hot of a topic... guess it's all about the rings.

It's probably a hot topic for San Angelo Central folks...not only did they get Brennon, they got his little brother who was one of his favorite targets at WR. Central should be excited I would guess....and poor Marble Falls...seems like no one wants to stick around there.....even the local bats have flown to other parts of the hill country!!.....:doh:

Leopard4Life
06-09-2015, 11:05 AM
This article may be misleading. There is a pretty vocal crowd about the Green kid transferring for athletic purposes.

http://highschoolsportsblog.dallasnews.com/2015/06/who-will-replace-kyler-murray-as-allens-qb-coach-says-mitchell-jonke-is-the-no-1-guy-right-now.html/

This crowd believes that announcing Jonke (A Lovejoy transfer to Allen) as the starter then they might get Green past the DEC. However in all honesty Jonke had the best Spring Game, followed by Harvey (running the ball) and lastly by Green.

Here is a second article that mentions Green possible returning to Mn.

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/quarterback-surprises-at-allen-arlington-bowie-colleyville-heritage