PDA

View Full Version : Army (West Point) next stop for Panfans son!

LHAG
02-20-2015, 08:00 PM
Well I've waited for someone else to post about the news, but haven't seen it. Apologies if I missed it. Panfan's son, a DL with Liberty Hill, signed an LOI (probably more like an indentured servant agreement ) with West Point.
I know he must be proud, but a warning, don't plan on visiting him or having him home much if it is still the same as years ago.Had a friend who went there ( and also played football) and you are pretty much devoted to the area if not the campus.
Great accomplishment by your son though and you should be proud. GO BLACK KNIGHTS!

bobcat1
02-20-2015, 08:01 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup: Awesome accomplishment!!!

44INAROW
02-20-2015, 08:58 PM
That is awesome 👍👏👏

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

FB-fanatic
02-20-2015, 11:01 PM
Fantastic and congratulations! The starting center for my sons football team is a freshman at West Point. His dad is an FBI agent. Its pretty unbelievable what you have to do to get in.

Cam
02-21-2015, 11:41 AM
Congrats to Jacob! The panfan family must be proud!...Great job raising your kids!....You're alright panfan..I don't care what Mrs. panfan says about you!!!:D....
I got to meet panfan folks. He is definitely one dude I could hang out with....but he probably wouldn't tolerate me for too long....plus, our color preferences would create some tension.....
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/dyc-jacob-covington-01.jpg:2thumbsup

panfan
02-21-2015, 01:11 PM
Mrs panfan and I are very proud of him and this opportunity he has. WAs recruited as a linebacker from his junior year so he is looking forward to returning to that position.

Phil C
02-24-2015, 11:17 AM
Great news and congratulations to the young man.

Hopefully Army can finally win a game against Navy while he is there. Been a long skid.

LHPfactory
02-24-2015, 11:31 AM
Congrats, he leaves some big shoes to fill.

panfan
02-24-2015, 11:34 AM
Great news and congratulations to the young man.

Hopefully Army can finally win a game against Navy while he is there. Been a long skid.

Yes it has - I followed the recruiting this year for this class in particular - they picked up some nice talent from all over the US. West Point insiders suggest that this class will be the strongest they have fielded in over 10+ years. New coaching staff been working hard at raising the talent level bar. So I hope that helps. Go Army, Beat Navy. Its all over the school there.

panfan
02-24-2015, 11:36 AM
Congrats, he leaves some big shoes to fill.
I'm looking forward to seeing how next year's LH crew does. I expect they will be salty.

LHPfactory
02-24-2015, 01:27 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing how next year's LH crew does. I expect they will be salty.

I expect they will be good also.

I was just thinking, the Senior class lost some real good players along the way from Jr High. If some of those kids would have stuck around, it would have been interesting.

1st and goal
02-26-2015, 06:08 PM
Congrats first of all! If he can bear with all the peripheral hoopla, he'll be able to write his own ticket if he stays in the Army. Westpoint grads almost get automatic rubber stamped promotions as long as they keep their acts clean.

Be proud Papa. he will be feeling inundated with tasks at first. Tell him to just remember, they aren't yelling at him personally just the person standing in front of them. :)