PDA

View Full Version : Region 2 Boys Basketball

regaleagle
02-18-2015, 03:25 AM
Looks like there's some pretty good teams this season in the 4A Region 2 playoffs. Top-ranked Dallas Triple A Academy(21-8), Dallas Madison(20-7), undefeated Paris(31-0), and neighbor Paris North Lamar(27-6), Argyle(24-8), Princeton(25-5), and always tough Wilmer-Hutchins(15-10), despite their record. Speaking of records....in basketball they don't tell much. Also, "supposed upsets" can happen anytime in any round in the playoffs.....that's just the way it is in basketball. Best of 3 series usually are a better gauge of which team may be better, but not necessarily. Court dominance is another story, but sometimes there are glaring style differences that can mess that up for a really good team. Good defense and rebounding can offset a high-scoring team in the playoffs. You just never know which teams will eventually make it to the regional final....they all have a shot to get there. But then there's the luck of the draw on early matchups between two ranked teams, and only one will advance. That happens a lot in basketball playoffs. Sometimes you just need to be "lucky" to win your region.

Aja
02-18-2015, 09:46 AM
Why bother with all these games, just give Triple A their state rings now.

catgut
02-21-2015, 09:09 AM
I think Paris and North Lamar have a good chance of making it to Commerce. Paris has had only two wins in single digits this year. North Lamar has lost 6 games but 4 of those were to Paris. I saw Princeton play earlier in the year and wouldn't put them in the same class as either Paris or North Lamar. We lost one of our starting guards with hurt knee in last North Lamar game so that could hurt some in the playoffs.

catgut
02-21-2015, 09:28 AM
Who does Argyle play first round?

catgut
02-21-2015, 05:07 PM
Paris beat Princeton 83-48 in warmup this afternoon. Record now 32-0.

regaleagle
02-21-2015, 06:02 PM
Who does Argyle play first round?

North Hills Prep out of Irving. They were 4th in District 10, Triple A's district. Should be an easy win for Argyle. Then they get the winner of Melissa/Wilmer Hutchins, and the winner of that match will probably have to play Triple A Academy. Looks like Argyle drew the tough slot, but there's lots of quality teams in Region 2. Playing Triple A in the playoffs will be the toughest game of the season for just about any of the playoff teams in Class 4A. I think Argyle would rather face Dallas Madison than Triple A in this regional quarterfinal. May be the end of the line for Argyle this season.....if they can get by the Melissa/Hutch winner. They've already beat Hutch earlier this season....didn't play Melissa but I think Hutch will take Melissa.

catgut
02-21-2015, 06:36 PM
North Hills Prep out of Irving. They were 4th in District 10, Triple A's district. Should be an easy win for Argyle. Then they get the winner of Melissa/Wilmer Hutchins, and the winner of that match will probably have to play Triple A Academy. Looks like Argyle drew the tough slot, but there's lots of quality teams in Region 2. Playing Triple A in the playoffs will be the toughest game of the season for just about any of the playoff teams in Class 4A. I think Argyle would rather face Dallas Madison than Triple A in this regional quarterfinal. May be the end of the line for Argyle this season.....if they can get by the Melissa/Hutch winner. They've already beat Hutch earlier this season....didn't play Melissa but I think Hutch will take Melissa.
We played Melissa and beat them 71-42. Don't see them advancing.

catgut
02-25-2015, 07:18 AM
Paris 95
Chapel Hill 44

regaleagle
02-26-2015, 04:27 PM
Argyle 68
North Hills Prep 24

Wilmer-Hutchins 72
Melissa 56

catgut
02-28-2015, 09:20 PM