PDA

View Full Version : Soccer coming to Burnet!

Cam
02-17-2015, 02:52 PM
Yeah!!...this probably guarantees Burnet good field goal kickers every year!! LOL...Then again, Burnet has always had good kickers over the years.....One thing is for sure, there's a lot of kids who will play soccer in Burnet. I see them by the droves playing at the old football field.....Next sport coming to Burnet will be quidditch!!!...Are you seeing this Phil C??

http://www.dailytrib.com/2015/02/17/burnet-adding-soccer-programs-for-2015-2016-school-year/

....this is all Greendawg's fault!.....

panfan
02-17-2015, 05:45 PM
Yeah!!...this probably guarantees Burnet good field goal kickers every year!! LOL...Then again, Burnet has always had good kickers over the years.....One thing is for sure, there's a lot of kids who will play soccer in Burnet. I see them by the droves playing at the old football field.....Next sport coming to Burnet will be quidditch!!!...Are you seeing this Phil C??

http://www.dailytrib.com/2015/02/17/burnet-adding-soccer-programs-for-2015-2016-school-year/

might help your football out! :eek::eek:

Rabid Cougar
02-17-2015, 08:26 PM
We have had soccer since 07. We were stuck in the same District as University , which is like playing Brazil in the World Cup. This year we are only playing 4 A teams. As far as benefit to the football team????? All of our kickers have been soccer players.

FB-fanatic
02-17-2015, 09:52 PM
I know a 2000 yard rusher who was a soccer player (helps foot skills a lot) and a buttload of a 251 point scoring season that came from EPs and FGs.

Cam
02-17-2015, 10:49 PM
We have had soccer since 07. We were stuck in the same District as University , which is like playing Brazil in the World Cup. This year we are only playing 4 A teams. As far as benefit to the football team????? All of our kickers have been soccer players.

well....if I recall, that China Spring kicker was pretty good......

Cam
02-17-2015, 11:05 PM
might help your football out! :e:Dek::eek:

hey....whatever it takes!!......panfan, don't you have a plane to catch or something??....

TarponFanInNorthTexas
02-18-2015, 12:55 AM
Watch out for those Rio Grande Valley teams. They're pretty daggum good.

panfan
02-18-2015, 07:53 AM
hey....whatever it takes!!......panfan, don't you have a plane to catch or something??....

I'm here all week! :D:D Ya'll took my suggestion more seriously than it was meant - :rolleyes: But now that you mention it, our kicker this year is also a soccer player and our free safety - he is very quick, so yep - for those guys who cross over - it can be a big help. just don't expect the ringstaff bros out there dribbling the ball!!!!

greendawg84
02-18-2015, 08:33 AM
There goes the neighborhood ........ Cam has to be behind this nonsense !

panfan
02-18-2015, 08:36 AM
There goes the neighborhood ........ Cam has to be behind this nonsense !

Maybe they could have a fatboy soccer league for the all the O and D linemen. They would have like ten time outs a half for them to catch their breath. In all seriousness though, if were to bring in anything I would want it to be wrasslin. Good overall workout, increases, speed, agility, strength.

Rabid Cougar
02-18-2015, 09:39 AM
Maybe they could have a fatboy soccer league for the all the O and D linemen. They would have like ten time outs a half for them to catch their breath. In all seriousness though, if were to bring in anything I would want it to be wrasslin. Good overall workout, increases, speed, agility, strength.

Wrasslers... those are some messed up cats. Awesome athletes but one too many screws loose up stairs.

Rabid Cougar
02-18-2015, 09:47 AM
well....if I recall, that China Spring kicker was pretty good......

We've had several.

Consecutive PATs
114-James French, China Spring, 2007-08
Still a State Record.

Also a very good soccer player.

Cam
02-18-2015, 10:37 AM
I'm here all week! :D:D Ya'll took my suggestion more seriously than it was meant - :rolleyes: But now that you mention it, our kicker this year is also a soccer player and our free safety - he is very quick, so yep - for those guys who cross over - it can be a big help. just don't expect the ringstaff bros out there dribbling the ball!!!!

panfan...I don't think we ever take you seriously!!...:D.....I don't know about them Ringstaff cousins....they are pretty big...but the biggest one can motor pretty good...he might can kick a soccer ball....but you're right, not sure about the dribbling part!.....Can't wait to see how he'll do on the D-line next season after missing all of 2014....Not sure where his red-headed cousin will end up...actually saw him playing some D-line on JV but was a RB..IDK....good thing is they're both only sophs so will be interesting....little bro Ringstaff is only a freshman...he's looking like a lineman but hasn't hit the growth spurts yet so who knows.....

caleb_mccaig
02-18-2015, 10:37 AM
We've had several.

Consecutive PATs
114-James French, China Spring, 2007-08
Still a State Record.

Also a very good soccer player.

French was a hell of a kicker/punter, probably one of, if not the best, in the state in 07-08. He had a rocky senior year due to one of our teammates and one of his closest friends passing away in a car accident, but without him we likely wouldn't have made the state run in 07. We played Rockdale earlier that season in non-district and spanked them like 40 something to 13 and then played them again in bi-district where French hit a game winning FG as time expired.

Super_R
02-18-2015, 10:51 AM
Sweet...just one more sport for LH to beat Burnet in! :stirpot:

Cam
02-18-2015, 11:57 AM
Sweet...just one more sport for LH to beat Burnet in! :stirpot:

:spitlol:.....you just keep yappin' Super_R!.....Cam Jr and his sidekicks will silence you eventually!!...:D

lv2937
02-18-2015, 01:14 PM
Can you must nor have been around Burnet in the Coach Ab.days. We had nokicker at all back then. Went for 2 points 90% of the time. 4th and 20, go for it. No punter. Kick offs, so/so.

Cam
02-18-2015, 01:18 PM
Can you must nor have been around Burnet in the Coach Ab.days. We had nokicker at all back then. Went for 2 points 90% of the time. 4th and 20, go for it. No punter. Kick offs, so/so.

you are correct sir...I've only been here since 2005....Not sure how much longer the real locals want me here!.....

hollywood
02-18-2015, 06:50 PM

:clap:

hollywood
02-18-2015, 06:56 PM
Watch out for those Rio Grande Valley teams. They're pretty daggum good.

Yes they are. I played competitive through 8th grade in Coastal bend area. Moved north and found that north Texas soccer is a little more competitive.

Took my U14 Girls Comp team to San Antonio this past weekend and earned another championship against some South Texas teams. For girls, North Texas soccer is where it's at. :D

Phil C
02-19-2015, 10:56 AM

:cheerl: