PDA

View Full Version : reg.4 basketball playoffs.

lv2937
02-14-2015, 06:28 PM
Who in reg 4 can beat Liberty Hill? I think k Bandera can give them a run for their money. Not a LH fan but they are a pretty good BB team. They seam to foul a lot, that could hurt them the farther they go.

SintonFan_inAustin
02-14-2015, 06:39 PM
who in Region IV can beat West Oso Bears?

lv2937
02-14-2015, 07:14 PM
[QUOTE=SintonFan_inAustin;1858483]who in Region IV can beat West Oso Bears?[/Maxprep has their record at 14/15. Is that right? Liberty Hill is like 29/0. Their bench is almost as good as their starters. Their bench probbaly could beat hald the twams in our district.QUOTE]

Tejastrue
02-14-2015, 10:51 PM
I'm just excited this year that we can even mention Wimberley and b-ball in the same sentence..and what the heck is "hald the twams??" lol....

lv2937
02-15-2015, 04:58 AM
[QUOTE=SintonFan_inAustin;1858483]who in Region IV can beat West Oso Bears?[/Maxprep has their record at 14/15. Is that right? Liberty Hill is like 29/0. Their bench is almost as good as their starters. Their bench probbaly could beat hald the twams in our district.QUOTE]half the teams.not hald the twamsFinger is to big for the key board on my phone.

SintonFan_inAustin
02-15-2015, 05:56 AM
[QUOTE=SintonFan_inAustin;1858483]who in Region IV can beat West Oso Bears?[/Maxprep has their record at 14/15. Is that right? Liberty Hill is like 29/0. Their bench is almost as good as their starters. Their bench probbaly could beat hald the twams in our district.QUOTE]23-8 (13-0 in district) They always play in top classification tourneys is where the losses come from and also had to replaced 8 seniors from last year squad. Seen them once and they are quick and rotate in about 8-9 players. They've always been a basketball school and usually one of the teams to beat out of region iv each year and have 11 state tourney appearances. They'll be featured next month in NCAA tournament due to their 1st year coach by CBS sports. Here is a recent story about their first year coach

http://www.kristv.com/story/28048928/west-oso-basketball-coach-defies-the-odds

lv2937
02-15-2015, 01:51 PM
Good story on the coach. Liberty Hill usually subs 5 players at a time. They have 2 pretty good big men. The starting big guy is only a soph. I like the sub big guy better. He's a lot quicker and can jump. Everyone on LH team can shoot 3's.

catgut
02-16-2015, 04:21 PM
Good story on the coach. Liberty Hill usually subs 5 players at a time. They have 2 pretty good big men. The starting big guy is only a soph. I like the sub big guy better. He's a lot quicker and can jump. Everyone on LH team can shoot 3's.

How big are their big men?

SintonFan_inAustin
02-16-2015, 04:57 PM
Good story on the coach. Liberty Hill usually subs 5 players at a time. They have 2 pretty good big men. The starting big guy is only a soph. I like the sub big guy better. He's a lot quicker and can jump. Everyone on LH team can shoot 3's.Should be interesting if they face each other. West Oso not very big but good quickness and basketball skills.

Sinton is the no.2 team in district hope they do well in the playoffs also.

NastySlot
02-17-2015, 09:18 AM
Who in reg 4 can beat Liberty Hill? I think k Bandera can give them a run for their money. Not a LH fan but they are a pretty good BB team. They seam to foul a lot, that could hurt them the farther they go.

Bandera- I saw them play Fred the other night. Not sure they have the depth.

stxtiger
02-17-2015, 11:49 AM
You guys need to look east. West Columbia and Wharton will both be favorites to make the regional tournament. I think a few sleepers are La Marque, Brazosport and Bay City. Wharton puts 10 athletes on the court and shoot lights out. West Columbia has tons of size and a very good D1 point guard. You also have Hidalgo who was in the regional tournament last year and almost shocked SA Sam Houston. This may be the strongest Region IV has been in years. Excited to see how it all shakes out.

Slyone
02-17-2015, 12:18 PM
You guys need to look east. West Columbia and Wharton will both be favorites to make the regional tournament. I think a few sleepers are La Marque, Brazosport and Bay City. Wharton puts 10 athletes on the court and shoot lights out. West Columbia has tons of size and a very good D1 point guard. You also have Hidalgo who was in the regional tournament last year and almost shocked SA Sam Houston. This may be the strongest Region IV has been in years. Excited to see how it all shakes out.

We have played both Wharton and Columbia. Both are legit. If either played Liberty Hill I will do my best to get to the game.

panfan
02-18-2015, 12:20 PM

Big enuff! 31-0 as of last nights win over Taylor.

Cam
02-18-2015, 03:07 PM
Big enuff! 31-0 as of last nights win over Taylor.

...panfan....don't you have a plane to catch or something??....:D

Tejastrue
02-21-2015, 11:39 PM
We be coming for you guys Cam...10 straight wins...D-26 co-champions...these guys are jumping...go Texans!! :flaming:...:taunt:

Cam
02-22-2015, 04:04 PM
We be coming for you guys Cam...10 straight wins...D-26 co-champions...these guys are jumping...go Texans!! :flaming:...:taunt:

I gotta be honest...I don't follow basketball much....I hear Burnet is very young....I'm in baseball mode right now with my boy....his JV just played in Wimberley last Thursday....was that you skateboarding at the Subway parking lot??.....anyways, good luck to the Texans in the round ball!!..

LHPfactory
02-22-2015, 05:10 PM

The big starter is 6'9" and about 270 lbs. He is friends with my soph.

He ate 10 corndogs at my house as an 8th grader, I asked him if he usually eats 10 corndogs and he said no, ususally more but he didnt want to be rude....lol
He is a great kid, hardworking and respectful.

The other big soph is 6'6" thinner and lanky, good kid also.

Tejastrue
02-22-2015, 10:46 PM
I gotta be honest...I don't follow basketball much....I hear Burnet is very young....I'm in baseball mode right now with my boy....his JV just played in Wimberley last Thursday....was that you skateboarding at the Subway parking lot??.....anyways, good luck to the Texans in the round ball!!..

Nor I...but this year it seems we are competing at a higher level so I've taken notice. Coach Warren's philosophy is for all the programs to be very competitive..not just volleyball and football as in the past. This may be the start of just that or a fluke year...we shall see. Thanks for the well wishes and yes..that was me. It's a bit difficult to ride wearing that kilt. Getting ready for St Patrick's day parade. Trying to win best in "show". lol. Did you guys play at the new facility? If so..what did you think?

Cam
02-23-2015, 01:49 PM
Nor I...but this year it seems we are competing at a higher level so I've taken notice. Coach Warren's philosophy is for all the programs to be very competitive..not just volleyball and football as in the past. This may be the start of just that or a fluke year...we shall see. Thanks for the well wishes and yes..that was me. It's a bit difficult to ride wearing that kilt. Getting ready for St Patrick's day parade. Trying to win best in "show". lol. Did you guys play at the new facility? If so..what did you think?

.....you should be careful skateboarding with a kilt!!....some terrified lady ran into Subway asking it's employees to call 911....Apparently, she was ranting something about some man desperately jumping off his skateboard cause he was being attacked by a giant hairy tarantula with swollen lymph nodes!!!....I tried calming her by telling her you were just doing some simple kickflips but she wouldn't buy it and swore there some sort of arachnid latched onto you!....I thought for sure she was having a heart attack!!!.....:doh:

the field is awesome...and quite hidden!!... But like Liberty Hill's new field, some of the boys don't like not having dirt around the bases....they don't like sliding on artificial turf....I imagine everyone is going in that direction eventually.....

Tejastrue
02-23-2015, 07:09 PM
:spitlol:lmao...Cam. Hope she wasn't one of the locals. I'm also not a big fan of turf ...at least for baseball. It's all about the economics but more so the conservation (water) side of things. Just have to ask...how did you guys fare against us? :thinking: