PDA

View Full Version : A New Day Dawns

lostaussie
02-13-2015, 09:35 AM
And so begins a new era in Buckeyeland. Thank you Jeff Traylor for the joy you have brought to our community the past 15 years. You have put us on the football map and there are many, like myself, that are GREEDY and don't want to see you go. But so it is, your decision i'm quite sure, came with a lot of soul searching. I for one respect it and wish you nothing but the best.

As for the future, time will tell. A new sucessor will be chosen and high expectations will bestowed upon them. Talent has always been here but with great coaching we have learned how to put that talent over the top. The next man up will have to carry on that tradition. There are big shoes to fill.........but i think the man to do it is already here. Good luck to whomever gets the job. It will be an exiting time. Its a new day..............and I feel good for everyone that is involved. We're not going away!!!

lostaussie
02-13-2015, 09:37 AM
http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag449/tskeeter1/IMG_34821393359722_zps02trnhax.jpeg (http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/tskeeter1/media/IMG_34821393359722_zps02trnhax.jpeg.html)

caleb_mccaig
02-13-2015, 09:55 AM
http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag449/tskeeter1/IMG_34821393359722_zps02trnhax.jpeg (http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/tskeeter1/media/IMG_34821393359722_zps02trnhax.jpeg.html)

Nice slogan. I have a koozie my parents got when I was in high school that read, "Champions aren't born, they're made right here in China Spring."

I found the koozie like my junior year of college.

I still use it whenever I go back on holidays and hang out with some of the guys. It is truly a vintage item.

waterboy
02-13-2015, 10:32 AM
And so begins a new era in Buckeyeland. Thank you Jeff Traylor for the joy you have brought to our community the past 15 years. You have put us on the football map and there are many, like myself, that are GREEDY and don't want to see you go. But so it is, your decision i'm quite sure, came with a lot of soul searching. I for one respect it and wish you nothing but the best.

As for the future, time will tell. A new sucessor will be chosen and high expectations will bestowed upon them. Talent has always been here but with great coaching we have learned how to put that talent over the top. The next man up will have to carry on that tradition. There are big shoes to fill.........but i think the man to do it is already here. Good luck to whomever gets the job. It will be an exiting time. Its a new day..............and I feel good for everyone that is involved. We're not going away!!!

Ditto, my friend. Jeff was the first coach to put together teams to win state championships. For that we are all very grateful. The thing is, there has always been a lot of talent in this little town. Jeff was the first to put it all together with consistent winning teams year in and year out. We were (and still are) a threat to win it all every year. I remember those lean years where we were on the other end of the spectrum, going into games with a specific opponent "knowing" we were likely to lose. Gilmer is on the winning end of that spectrum now, and as a Buckeye fan, I'm eternally grateful. Good luck, Jeff, and we wish you nothing but the best in the future. I also pray that whoever follows him continues, and builds on the legacy he left here.

buckeyebob
02-13-2015, 11:18 AM
Jeff
Best of luck my friend...always a Buckeye...we will be watching you.

orange machine
02-13-2015, 11:39 AM
When GA Moore left Celina in 2002 it took 6 years before the program started turning the opposite direction. Coach Ford was able to keep the tradition alive into and through the 2008 season. Then 2009 saw a ton of injuries and uninspired kids and since that point things haven't been the same. So I guess what I'm saying is good luck and hopefully whoever takes over is a clone of Traylor.

Dawgs
02-13-2015, 12:39 PM
Nice posts guys. Love him or hate him Jeff Traylor is a heck of a coach, and put Gilmer in the HS elite. The thing IMO Gilmer will miss the most will be Traylors cajones, and he had some big ones. His win this season in Longview against GW was one of the guttiest coaching performances you will see. That's the game I will remember his HS career by.

Gilmer is still gonna be Gilmer, but I know they don't have a Jeff Traylor in the building. That's a once in a generation thing.

waterboy
02-13-2015, 12:56 PM
Nice posts guys. Love him or hate him Jeff Traylor is a heck of a coach, and put Gilmer in the HS elite. The thing IMO Gilmer will miss the most will be Traylors cajones, and he had some big ones. His win this season in Longview against GW was one of the guttiest coaching performances you will see. That's the game I will remember his HS career by.

Gilmer is still gonna be Gilmer, but I know they don't have a Jeff Traylor in the building. That's a once in a generation thing.

Yep, love him or hate him, there's no denying he was one of the best coaches in the state at the high school level. His successor will have big shoes to fill, but I think the program will continue to be one of the best in the state. The staff Jeff put around him is also one of the best in the state, and hiring from within is a no-brainer. I think we will be a threat every year for a long time with the talent we have here. I just hope we can retain the staff we have, and keep things going in the same direction as Jeff got us pointed. Of course, with success there's always going to be people looking at our coaches. That's the nature of a winning program.

buckeyebob
02-13-2015, 02:24 PM
I love the Swinging Gate for extra point...no telling how many coaches saw it coming & smacked them in the face.

I will miss the "in your face" Jeff...as long as his hat stayed on, all was OK...when the hat came off, he done crossed the Fixin to be Thrown Outta the Game time.

Happy trails my friend...Hook 'Em

buckeyebob
02-14-2015, 09:50 AM
Sending two fine men to Austin...best of luck guys

Aesculus gilmus
02-15-2015, 10:18 AM
A new era begins for the Longhorns as well. Charlie Strong doesn't know much about offense, by his own admission. Jeff Traylor, if they'll only let him, will give Texas an offense that is able to score from anywhere on the field even without having a freak recruit like Vince Young (which is the only reason Mack Brown ever brought home the Crystal Ball).

buckeyebob
02-16-2015, 09:11 AM
& that is the truth