PDA

View Full Version : TrenDavion Dickson of Navasota withdraws Baylor verbal commitment

OldBison75
02-11-2015, 12:52 AM
Dickson decided to withdraw his verbal commitment because the OC who recruited him has taken the HC job at Tulsa. He has not indicated who he might be looking toward now, but, he will graduate in December 2015 and be enrolled at the college he chooses for the spring semester. He has been contacted by almost every school in the Big 12, SEC, and PAC 12 before and will have plenty of choices to pick from.

caleb_mccaig
02-11-2015, 02:48 AM
Heard the news Tuesday afternoon and was bummed for like 15 minutes. It's not unusual for a kid to open back his recruitment. I'd still say BU is the leader, but he's definitely fair game again.

Saggy Aggie
02-11-2015, 08:55 AM
Don't shoot the messenger, but I've heard lots of rumblings about him coming to A&M....

Rabid Cougar
02-11-2015, 10:15 AM
My question is "Why change?" Most of the time the coach that recruits the player is not even the players position coach when he get into school. Its not like Baylor isn't going to throw the ball 150 times a game. It's Briles' offense, not the OC's that went to Tulsa.

caleb_mccaig
02-11-2015, 12:03 PM
Don't shoot the messenger, but I've heard lots of rumblings about him coming to A&M....

You're the second person whose told me that. That officially makes it a legit rumor.

Cam
02-11-2015, 12:20 PM
You're the second person whose told me that. That officially makes it a legit rumor.

Rumors...IMO...end up being just that...rumors!......for months now, rumors have even been flyin' around in our little town too...Heard it from students, non-Burnet coaches, players, and some parents that this stud sophomore RB from a neighboring town is coming to Burnet....unless he's planning on coming during the summer, it hasn't happened like some folks said it would during the Christmas break....IDK....:vrycnfsd:
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/mustangs-fball_1.jpg

OldBison75
02-11-2015, 12:50 PM
It is entirely possible that he will return to Baylor. One of his teammates said he withdrew from Baylor and wants to wait and see how the offense there looks under the new coordinator. Aggieland would be another interesting destination. This kid is intelligent on the field and in the classroom and works hard at everything he does. He is a great basketball player also. There are a lot of interesting sidelines in this recruiting story. His position coach at Navasota is a former Aggie walk on receiver. He also is related to former Aggie receiver Brandal Jackson. That aside, Dickson has made the statement that he wants to go to a school that gives him the best opportunity to develop his skills and give him the opportunity to play early.

Rabid Cougar
02-11-2015, 04:42 PM
Dickson has made the statement that he wants to go to a school that gives him the best opportunity to develop his skills and give him the opportunity to play early.

Isn't that what they all want and they are all told? There isn't a school out there that says, "we are going to red shirt you and you won't play until your Junior year".

Kids are little too high on themselves now days. Baylor is willing to pay for his school the next 4/5 years. He would be in a pass happy offense. If he thinks he is good enough to start his freshman year, prove it.

There are no guarantees is life except death and taxes.

hollywood
02-11-2015, 11:33 PM
Rumors...IMO...end up being just that...rumors!......for months now, rumors have even been flyin' around in our little town too...Heard it from students, non-Burnet coaches, players, and some parents that this stud sophomore RB from a neighboring town is coming to Burnet....unless he's planning on coming during the summer, it hasn't happened like some folks said it would during the Christmas break....IDK....:vrycnfsd:

Duh.. Because he's already spending time in the VILLE. Double trouble in the backfield next season. #6 in 2015?

HEMOTOXIC
02-16-2015, 04:00 PM
Isn't that what they all want and they are all told? There isn't a school out there that says, "we are going to red shirt you and you won't play until your Junior year".

Kids are little too high on themselves now days. Baylor is willing to pay for his school the next 4/5 years. He would be in a pass happy offense. If he thinks he is good enough to start his freshman year, prove it.

There are no guarantees is life except death and taxes.

Hmm, kids are no different than adults when having to make decisions that will and can have a huge impact on the rest of your their lives. ANY school that he chooses will be paying for his education and there are other "pass happy" offenses out there.

I agree, Tren will have to prove that he belongs on the field. But, he will make the decision on where he believes he fits best.

LHPfactory
02-20-2015, 06:04 AM
If they were smart he would go to LH, he would hit 2500 yards rushing.

cowboyandchrist
02-23-2015, 10:08 AM
Duh.. Because he's already spending time in the VILLE. Double trouble in the backfield next season. #6 in 2015?

Carthage Dawgs in 2015 and 2016. There is a storm brewing and once again it will be coming from the East.