PDA

View Full Version : Old Concert Pics / Memories

Cam
02-06-2015, 11:15 AM
Anybody got any? I used to sneak in cameras in my long tube socks!! Never got caught luckily....back in the day when cameras were strictly prohibited.

AC/DC 1979

Lead singer Bon Scott, a few months before his death: That guy was nuts and quite the entertainer!
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/DSC_0073.jpg

Angus Young
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/DSC_0074.jpg

Elvis Feb. 28. 1970 - Houston Astrodome...I did not take that pic but it is from that day. Still remember that blue outfit. And all the screaming and crying women! I was just 9 years old. Dad took my 18, 16, and 13 year old sisters. My most vivid memory was some crazy dude who ran onto the field apparently in anger. He reached the stage waving his fists at Elvis. That's when security caught up to him and knocked him out cold with their billy clubs! Elvis reached for some water, said something like, "Whew, that was a close one!", the crowd cheered....and they busted into their next song!....security dragged the poor fella away!!..I'll bet his head was never the same after that!!!.:doh:
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/el.jpg

Rabid Cougar
02-06-2015, 02:08 PM
So you were a rule breaker huh?

Cam
02-06-2015, 03:16 PM
So you were a rule breaker huh?

now who would go to an AC/DC concert and consider themselves a rules breaker??....we were good clean folks having good clean fun....unless of course, Greendawg was there!!....I'd prefer to think of myself as an avid photographer...who broke the rules!!:D;)

1st and goal
02-06-2015, 03:36 PM
Cam, were those pics from the Houston music hall circa 1978 or 1979? If so, I was there and it was probably the loudest concert I've ever seen.

Back in Austin around '95, I went on one weekend to an AC/DC concert. Was a dudefest.

A couple weeks later, I took my wifey to see Wallflowers opening for Counting Crows. Was a major chickfest.

AC/DC was better. That was the 3rd or 4th time I have seen them.

Cam
02-06-2015, 08:35 PM
Cam, were those pics from the Houston music hall circa 1978 or 1979? If so, I was there and it was probably the loudest concert I've ever seen.

Back in Austin around '95, I went on one weekend to an AC/DC concert. Was a dudefest.

A couple weeks later, I took my wifey to see Wallflowers opening for Counting Crows. Was a major chickfest.

AC/DC was better. That was the 3rd or 4th time I have seen them.

No, it was towards the end of 79 (Sept. I think) at the Villa Real Convention Center in Mission,TX....(basically, a big tin barn!)...Molly Hatchet opened the show.....and that was probably the second loudest concert I've ever been to...TRIUMPH at the same place was probably the one that made my ears ring for days!!...that's why I say "WHAT?" a lot these days!!!........AC/DC was a great memory.....crazy stuff...Angus even jumped into the crowd and was being carried around while he played....ack!:

1st and goal
02-06-2015, 10:15 PM
No, it was towards the end of 79 (Sept. I think) at the Villa Real Convention Center in Mission,TX....(basically, a big tin barn!)...Molly Hatchet opened the show.....and that was probably the second loudest concert I've ever been to...TRIUMPH at the same place was probably the one that made my ears ring for days!!...that's why I say "WHAT?" a lot these days!!!........AC/DC was a great memory.....crazy stuff...Angus even jumped into the crowd and was being carried around while he played....ack!:

Yes, that was the same tour. Bon Scott carried Angus on his shoulders through the crowd playing guitar the whole time. oh yeah and the Curly shuffle on the floor. :)

LH Panther Mom
02-15-2015, 07:01 PM
I never took a picture at a concert that I remember. ..even the outdoor ones.

Cam
02-18-2015, 01:32 PM
I never took a picture at a concert that I remember. ..even the outdoor ones.

...you musta had too many other things to sneak in!!....:eek:

44INAROW
02-18-2015, 03:24 PM
...you musta had too many other things to sneak in!!....:eek:

I promise I'll try to get pics on May 3rd from ZZ Top :kiss:

Cam
02-18-2015, 03:49 PM
I promise I'll try to get pics on May 3rd from ZZ Top :kiss:

:2thumbsup......just don't get caught with a fancy camera...use your iphone......but if you do get into trouble.....just blame it on Greendawg!!!....:D

44INAROW
02-18-2015, 05:27 PM
:2thumbsup......just don't get caught with a fancy camera...use your iphone......but if you do get into trouble.....just blame it on Greendawg!!!....:D

gotcha :)