PDA

View Full Version : Days and Hours Leading up to Murray Signing

FB-fanatic
02-05-2015, 10:54 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/12282593/kyler-murray-sticks-texas-aggies-strongly-considering-texas-longhorns

A good read.

Interesting quote from A&M coaches about Kyler playing pro ball:

"I think he has a [signing bonus] number [in mind]," Sumlin said. "If they get that number, then it's something they're going to look at hard. If they don't get that number, I think he continues to play [football] and try to play both [in college] and see what happens. He's talented."

THe article refutes any notion Papa Murray and Sumlin being at odds with each other.

1st and goal
02-06-2015, 02:17 PM
I just didn't get a sense of true happiness coming out of him in his interview. He's got baseball on the mind right now. Maybe he'll get the Aggie spirit when he gets on campus or maybe if he's still there and walks out on the field the 1st home game.

caleb_mccaig
02-06-2015, 02:40 PM
I just didn't get a sense of true happiness coming out of him in his interview. He's got baseball on the mind right now. Maybe he'll get the Aggie spirit when he gets on campus or maybe if he's still there and walks out on the field the 1st home game.

If I was an A&M fan I would honestly be worried about him walking to try baseball. He has absolutely nothing to lose by doing so (if the signing bonus is right). He can always come back and possibly still be a 1st rd pick in the NFL.

IF this did happen, I wouldn't be too worried if I was an Aggie fan. I think Kyle will only get better and Kyler would likely still go to A&M if baseball didn't work out.

NastySlot
02-06-2015, 03:00 PM
If I was an A&M fan I would honestly be worried about him walking to try baseball. He has absolutely nothing to lose by doing so (if the signing bonus is right). He can always come back and possibly still be a 1st rd pick in the NFL.

IF this did happen, I wouldn't be too worried if I was an Aggie fan. I think Kyle will only get better and Kyler would likely still go to A&M if baseball didn't work out.

Worried as in losing sleep....No. There is a good one on campus now. I however think there needs to be competition and with out Murray on campus next fall there won't be and more importantly no depth. Outside a former walk-on.

I still can't figure out why there wasn't any recruitment of another QB. Reading an Article it seems as if Sumlin and Spav have gone all in with Murray showing up.

1st and goal
02-06-2015, 03:30 PM
Worried as in losing sleep....No. There is a good one on campus now. I however think there needs to be competition and with out Murray on campus next fall there won't be and more importantly no depth. Outside a former walk-on.

I still can't figure out why there wasn't any recruitment of another QB. Reading an Article it seems as if Sumlin and Spav have gone all in with Murray showing up.

You need to study up on Capers-Smith from La. He has an impressive list of stats and says he wants a shot at being QB too. He can play QB, WR, and CB.

NastySlot
02-06-2015, 03:34 PM
You need to study up on Capers-Smith from La. He has an impressive list of stats and says he wants a shot at being QB too. He can play QB, WR, and CB.

Yeah my son has told me the same thing. Maybe that is what Sumlin and Spav have in the plans.

Had someone even tell me Speedy Noil could get the job done.

IDK