PDA

View Full Version : UCLA and TCU D coordinators

Deuce
02-05-2015, 12:33 PM
Pretty convenient how one is headed to NFL and one retires as soon as their schools get their commits.

New Taiton
02-05-2015, 12:35 PM
Louisville's head coach also asked a RB that had been committed for over 8 months to redshirt yesterday or the day before signing day.

UCLA's DC went as far as to tell a Georgia LB that he still wasn't 100% certian he was headed to Atlanta yesterday even though everything was signed sealed and delivered.

Deuce
02-05-2015, 12:41 PM
Louisville's head coach also asked a RB that had been committed for over 8 months to redshirt yesterday or the day before signing day.

UCLA's DC went as far as to tell a Georgia LB that he still wasn't 100% certian he was headed to Atlanta yesterday even though everything was signed sealed and delivered.

This is the reason I don't care if a kid decides to flip on signing day. It works both ways!

Macarthur
02-05-2015, 01:13 PM
That defense at TCU is pattersons. I doubt defensive kids sign just to play for bumpas.

Macarthur
02-05-2015, 01:18 PM
Also some coach in the tcu boards that says TCU is recruiting one of his juniors told them several weeks ago.

hookandladder
02-05-2015, 02:01 PM
It does not really matter at TCU, they do not have enough 4 and 5 star players to ever win a championship. Lol

Macarthur
02-05-2015, 04:35 PM
Doing what you do best, trollin'. :rolleyes:

hookandladder
02-05-2015, 10:54 PM
Doing what you do best, trollin'. :rolleyes:

You don't get it, ask your friend NT about teams without 4-5Star recruits. Lol

New Taiton
02-06-2015, 08:53 AM
You don't get it, ask your friend NT about teams without 4-5Star recruits. Lol

Name a team to win a national championship that didn't have a top 10 class in the years around the MNC in the BCS era.

If you can do that, I'll concede. But you can't, so I won't.

Trivia question - which team won the national championship this year? How many 4* and 5* did they have? What about last year? What about the year before that? What about the year before that?

It's not science, it's a fact.

Hook - please reply with something of intelligence rather than the name calling and typical troll job you add when anything of substance is poised to you. Thanks in advance.

hookandladder
02-06-2015, 09:36 AM
Name a team to win a national championship that didn't have a top 10 class in the years around the MNC in the BCS era.

If you can do that, I'll concede. But you can't, so I won't.

Trivia question - which team won the national championship this year? How many 4* and 5* did they have? What about last year? What about the year before that? What about the year before that?

It's not science, it's a fact.

Hook - please reply with something of intelligence rather than the name calling and typical troll job you add when anything of substance is poised to you. Thanks in advance.

See Mac, TCU has no chance with the 4-5 Stars. Game over, Lol

New Taiton
02-06-2015, 11:14 AM
TCU hasn't won a conference championship since they were a mid-major much less compete for a NC.

Next.

Saggy Aggie
02-06-2015, 11:33 AM
TCU hasn't won a conference championship since they were a mid-major much less compete for a NC.

Next.

Well, co champs....

New Taiton
02-06-2015, 12:04 PM
Well, co champs....

Not possible in the Big 12. They have one true champion.

Macarthur
02-06-2015, 12:26 PM

All kidding aside, they were given the co-championship by the conference.

But I do agree with NT in principle. There is a direct correlation between how teams finish in the actual rankings and their recruiting rankings.

NastySlot
02-06-2015, 12:47 PM

except for the seasons they have two co-champions. Someday we might even get see three true tri-champions.........................dumpster fire....lol

Saggy Aggie
02-06-2015, 01:53 PM
Texas' Dline coach going to Florida and recruits are already complaining publicly saying they were lied to point blank.

Isn't honesty the #1 core value?

New Taiton
02-06-2015, 02:12 PM
All kidding aside, they were given the co-championship by the conference.

They were presented to the playoff committee as a co-champion. Their league rules state that the tie breaker is the head to head game; thus making TCU 2nd place in the Big 12.

Texas' Dline coach going to Florida and recruits are already complaining publicly saying they were lied to point blank.

Isn't honesty the #1 core value?

I can't wait for the spinmaster to actually own something that Coach Strong has done and not deflect this.

Macarthur
02-06-2015, 03:32 PM
They were presented to the playoff committee as a co-champion. Their league rules state that the tie breaker is the head to head game; thus making TCU 2nd place in the Big 12.

I'm well aware of this. They got a trophy.

New Taiton
02-06-2015, 04:42 PM
I'm well aware of this. They got a trophy.

Well second place traditionally gets a silver medal....

Macarthur
02-06-2015, 05:03 PM
Well second place traditionally gets a silver medal....

It's more legit than the conf championships the Aggies have just started claiming recently.

New Taiton
02-06-2015, 05:25 PM
It's more legit than the conf championships the Aggies have just started claiming recently.

Lol. TCU has not won a conference championship since they moved to a P5 conference nor have they been in direct competition for a national title. I will conceded that they were close to doing both in 2014.

So then, my argument is still true. No P5 team has won a national title without having a top 10 class within 4 years of their title.

I will also concede that it "could" happen. But one must remember that it has not happend in the BCS era.