PDA

View Full Version : JJ Watt tweet

NastySlot
02-05-2015, 11:31 AM
just had a buddy send this to me.

"Annual reminder that it's not all about how many stars you have or how many cameras show up at your signing. It's what you do next."

J.J. Watt tweeted this out..... he should know believe he was a "2 Star" coming out of high school.

caleb_mccaig
02-05-2015, 11:40 AM
just had a buddy send this to me.

"Annual reminder that it's not all about how many stars you have or how many cameras show up at your signing. It's what you do next."

J.J. Watt tweeted this out..... he should know believe he was a "2 Star" coming out of high school.

Yeah, I mean it's a proven fact that 5* recruits have more success than any other caliber recruit. Watt should be more focused on not being the best player on a team that doesn't make the playoffs next year, instead of NSD.

He is pretty good for a 2* though lol.

Saggy Aggie
02-05-2015, 03:51 PM
Yeah, I mean it's a proven fact that 5* recruits have more success than any other caliber recruit. Watt should be more focused on not being the best player on a team that doesn't make the playoffs next year, instead of NSD.

He is pretty good for a 2* though lol.

I just don't get the whole thing about his team not being good so that's somehow a knock on him.

If you play with **** around you, I don't care how good you are, you won't make the playoffs. He's the best player in the league regardless of how good or bad the team is.

Houston would've done good to win 4 games without JJ this year. Show me another defensive player in the league that means 5 wins to his team....

Or show me another defensive player who has made any impact on offense

Deuce
02-05-2015, 09:10 PM
I just don't get the whole thing about his team not being good so that's somehow a knock on him.

If you play with **** around you, I don't care how good you are, you won't make the playoffs. He's the best player in the league regardless of how good or bad the team is.

Houston would've done good to win 4 games without JJ this year. Show me another defensive player in the league that means 5 wins to his team....

Or show me another defensive player who has made any impact on offense

Agree! If I remember correctly, he has been hating on him all year. I am a die hard Cowboy fan but I can still appreciate how incredible he is.

caleb_mccaig
02-05-2015, 10:29 PM
Agree! If I remember correctly, he has been hating on him all year. I am a die hard Cowboy fan but I can still appreciate how incredible he is.

Watt is the best defensive lineman in the league. No arguing that. But Tyron Smith blanked him when Houston played Dallas, he isn't unstoppable by any means. This isnt his fault, I just have a huge problem with Houston using him as a gimmick on offense and the way the media portrays him as some kind of amazing player. He isn't Tom Brady, he can't single handedly get a team to the playoffs and win a super bowl. The guy is an great player and is probably one of the best DE's in the 3-4 defense ever. But until he wins anything, or breaks the sack record he is just another good player.

Rabid Cougar
02-05-2015, 11:34 PM
I'd take him in a heart beat and wouldn't think twice about it. He is an animal and impacts every game he plays in. You have to take into account where he is on every play. Not a Houston fan at all but this guy is every bit as important to the Texans as Brady is to the Patriots.

Saggy Aggie
02-06-2015, 11:31 AM
Watt is the best defensive lineman in the league. No arguing that. But Tyron Smith blanked him when Houston played Dallas, he isn't unstoppable by any means. This isnt his fault, I just have a huge problem with Houston using him as a gimmick on offense and the way the media portrays him as some kind of amazing player. He isn't Tom Brady, he can't single handedly get a team to the playoffs and win a super bowl. The guy is an great player and is probably one of the best DE's in the 3-4 defense ever. But until he wins anything, or breaks the sack record he is just another good player. yeah let's compare a qb to a Dlineman... Because that makes sense.

JJ watt is the single most dominant player in the league. Why does he need to break the sack record to be great? Is being the only player to ever get 20+ sacks twice in a career not good enough?

Or having a good enough team around him to win a SB somehow makes him better?

Tyron smith didn't BLANK JJ watt... He slowed him down some, sure, but what would you expect from one of the best OL in the league?

Gimmick on offense? Almost everytime they trotted him out there he got a TD....

msu97
02-06-2015, 01:17 PM
the Cowboys either chipped him with Murray or Whitten and helped with a double team 85% of the time...

very seldom was Smith on him one on one...

Watt is the best defensive player in the league... the only person you could argue with is Revis...

so I guess Revis was a bad player when he was with the Jets?

there is not a team in the league that would trade half their roster for him...

and now he is working even harder this off season...

caleb_mccaig
02-06-2015, 01:39 PM
the Cowboys either chipped him with Murray or Whitten and helped with a double team 85% of the time...

very seldom was Smith on him one on one...

Watt is the best defensive player in the league... the only person you could argue with is Revis...

so I guess Revis was a bad player when he was with the Jets?

there is not a team in the league that would trade half their roster for him...

and now he is working even harder this off season...

Revis played in two AFC championship games with the Jets......

Saggy Aggie
02-06-2015, 01:51 PM
Revis played in two AFC championship games with the Jets......

Right, but he wasnt great until he 'won something', right? Right?

But JJ isn't great because his team hasn't made it one more round in the playoffs like Revis did with the jets? Right?

caleb_mccaig
02-06-2015, 02:45 PM
Right, but he wasnt great until he 'won something', right? Right?

But JJ isn't great because his team hasn't made it one more round in the playoffs like Revis did with the jets? Right?

Beating the Bengals twice in the Wild Card round is a lot less impressive than making it to the AFC Championship game twice. If you're that good of a player, you know the player every Texans fan makes Watt out to be (A God), then he should be able to at least get the team to the playoffs.

Saggy Aggie
02-06-2015, 05:34 PM
Beating the Bengals twice in the Wild Card round is a lot less impressive than making it to the AFC Championship game twice. If you're that good of a player, you know the player every Texans fan makes Watt out to be (A God), then he should be able to at least get the team to the playoffs.

He did make it to the playoffs, aka the divisional round twice, aka the round before the AFC championship round

So one more win would make him great huh? Regardless of the team around him

Saggy Aggie
02-06-2015, 05:34 PM

caleb_mccaig
02-06-2015, 05:36 PM
He did make it to the playoffs, aka the divisional round twice, aka the round before the AFC championship round

So one more win would make him great huh? Regardless of the team around him

It would make him better, for sure. When have the Texans won a game that actually mattered? The Bengals aren't a good team, they're a mediocre team with Dalton at the helm. When have they beaten a Tom Brady, a Peyton Manning or another great team when it's actually mattered?

Never. Watt can't get his team to rally around him and win one game that actually matters against a 'great' team.

Saggy Aggie
02-06-2015, 05:56 PM
It would make him better, for sure. When have the Texans won a game that actually mattered? The Bengals aren't a good team, they're a mediocre team with Dalton at the helm. When have they beaten a Tom Brady, a Peyton Manning or another great team when it's actually mattered?

Never. Watt can't get his team to rally around him and win one game that actually matters against a 'great' team.

Lol he's how old? 24?

Team accomplishments don't mean **** to me when we're talking about individual players. I still don't understand how one defensive player is somehow supposed to make the team win. You realize the offense has to score to win? JJ is supposed to morale his offense down the field?

You realize the only reason they beat the bengals the first time was because JJ got a pick6, don't you?

caleb_mccaig
02-06-2015, 06:07 PM
Lol he's how old? 24?

Team accomplishments don't mean **** to me when we're talking about individual players. I still don't understand how one defensive player is somehow supposed to make the team win. You realize the offense has to score to win? JJ is supposed to morale his offense down the field?

You realize the only reason they beat the bengals the first time was because JJ got a pick6, don't you?

All I'm trying to say is that Watt is a great player, but he is expendable, to a point. Above average DE's are not that difficult to find, there would be a drop off in production, but it could be replaced by multiple players. It's impossible to call him the best player in the league when Tom Brady has won and gone to multiple super bowl's with literally no weapons. Brady makes his teammates better and makes their team Super Bowl contenders every season. Something that Watt cannot and never will be able to do. So it makes zero sense to call him the best player in the league when he cannot and never will have that type of impact.

Saggy Aggie
02-06-2015, 06:34 PM
All I'm trying to say is that Watt is a great player, but he is expendable, to a point. Above average DE's are not that difficult to find, there would be a drop off in production, but it could be replaced by multiple players. It's impossible to call him the best player in the league when Tom Brady has won and gone to multiple super bowl's with literally no weapons. Brady makes his teammates better and makes their team Super Bowl contenders every season. Something that Watt cannot and never will be able to do. So it makes zero sense to call him the best player in the league when he cannot and never will have that type of impact.

No weapons? He has gronk! Edelman is quickly turning into a stud too. Not to mention he's got the best coach in the league too.....

What makes zero sense is comparing a qb to a DE and expecting them to make the same impact. You're talking about comparing someone who touches the ball every play of the game on offense vs someone who can be taken completely out of the game by running the ball away from them and double teaming him.

Which is what most every team does, yet he STILL impacts the game every single week.

You CAN call him the BEST player in the league. 2 defensive MVPs and multiple 20 sack seasons can earn you that. I'll agree that someone like Brady may have a bigger impact but only because of position, not the ability to dominate the competition.

JJ is a better defensive lineman than brady is a qb but can never gave the impact that a qb will

caleb_mccaig
02-07-2015, 02:17 PM
JJ is a better defensive lineman than brady is a qb but can never gave the impact that a qb will

That has to be the most ridiculous statement ever said in the history of the internet.

4x Super Bowl Champ and 3x Super Bowl MVP, 2x NFL MVP (Two more than Watt will ever have).

He played in more playoff games this year than Watt has in his entire career. Brady is likely the most successful player to ever play in the NFL.

Saggy Aggie
02-09-2015, 01:26 PM
That has to be the most ridiculous statement ever said in the history of the internet.

4x Super Bowl Champ and 3x Super Bowl MVP, 2x NFL MVP (Two more than Watt will ever have).

He played in more playoff games this year than Watt has in his entire career. Brady is likely the most successful player to ever play in the NFL.

Again, majority of those are team accomplishments.

You are comparing a QB vs DE..... 15 seasons vs 4.....

JJ has 2 defensive MVPs in his first 4 years in the league, one of which was unanimous. I think the first time that has ever happened.

At their respective positions, JJ is the more dominant player. Brady is great. Will probably go down as the best qb of all time. But he still doesn't dominate his position like watt does. Just my opinion

hookandladder
02-09-2015, 08:22 PM

Agree Totally and Brady may go down as the best NFL player ever, he is just that good. Nuff said.

Saggy Aggie
02-09-2015, 09:26 PM
Agree Totally and Brady may go down as the best NFL player ever, he is just that good. Nuff said.

No surprise there. We all saw hook d*** riding brady after the SB....

hookandladder
02-10-2015, 07:05 AM
No surprise there. We all saw hook d*** riding brady after the SB....

You are such a prick, no wonder your high school coaches wanted to take your ass out behind the woodshed. Lol

Saggy Aggie
02-10-2015, 08:13 AM
You are such a prick, no wonder your high school coaches wanted to take your ass out behind the woodshed. Lol

LOL. They were almost as butt hurt as you hook

hookandladder
02-10-2015, 10:06 AM
LOL. They were almost as butt hurt as you hook

Yes we all know you were the best but all 12 coaches agreed you were not, typical for young kids like yourself these days. Lol

Saggy Aggie
02-10-2015, 10:30 AM
Yes we all know you were the best but all 12 coaches agreed you were not, typical for young kids like yourself these days. Lol

Lol, I have no clue what you're talking about as usual

hookandladder
02-10-2015, 11:13 AM
Lol, I have no clue what you're talking about as usual

Saggy, you know exactly what I am talking about. Coaches do not want to deal with cry baby loser, Lol

Saggy Aggie
02-10-2015, 12:01 PM
Saggy, you know exactly what I am talking about. Coaches do not want to deal with cry baby loser, Lol

Yeah sure, except none of the coaches even know me except pancho, and even he doesn't really know me either.

Hell, 90% of the coaches we used to have back when no longer even work there