PDA

View Full Version : Manziel Enter Rehab

FB-fanatic
02-02-2015, 03:33 PM
Looks like Johnny boy has finally come around to the fact that he has a problem:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12267487/johnny-manziel-cleveland-browns-entering-rehab-improve-himself

Would be nice to see him finally straighten his act up.

1st and goal
02-02-2015, 06:58 PM
Hope it works out for him. Its time to grow up JF.

Snotbubbles
02-02-2015, 07:07 PM
This Bud's for you JF. Cheers!!!!

Glad Cleveland was able to do what A&M didn't give a crap about. Your drinking issue.

NastySlot
02-02-2015, 09:27 PM
This Bud's for you JF. Cheers!!!!

Glad Cleveland was able to do what A&M didn't give a crap about. Your drinking issue.

Wait am I missing something here? I thought the attached article said he voluntarily placed himself in rehab. So how do figure A&M didn't give a crap and Cleveland was able to do something about it. I ll go back and read it again.

Saggy Aggie
02-02-2015, 10:22 PM
:-/.....

caleb_mccaig
02-03-2015, 02:49 AM
Wait am I missing something here? I thought the attached article said he voluntarily placed himself in rehab. So how do figure A&M didn't give a crap and Cleveland was able to do something about it. I ll go back and read it again.

If I had to guess it was probably a situation compared to when a company says you can either resign with dignity or we can fire you. A&M had no stock in Johnny, they invested nothing. Cleveland invested A LOT and probably said you can either go to rehab and we'll say you did "voluntarily" or we can cut you and say you're an alcoholic and make you untouchable by every other team.

Regarldess, I hope he figures it out. Hate to see that happen to anyone, especially to someone who is younger than I am.

NastySlot
02-03-2015, 09:53 AM
If I had to guess it was probably a situation compared to when a company says you can either resign with dignity or we can fire you. A&M had no stock in Johnny, they invested nothing. Cleveland invested A LOT and probably said you can either go to rehab and we'll say you did "voluntarily" or we can cut you and say you're an alcoholic and make you untouchable by every other team.

Regarldess, I hope he figures it out. Hate to see that happen to anyone, especially to someone who is younger than I am.

He needs to figure it out. He might be headed in the right direction heard on the new last night he was offered by a Vegas Hotel a six figure sum if he would host a Super Bowl party. He turned it down.

New Taiton
02-03-2015, 09:57 AM

So pathetic....

Rabid Cougar
02-03-2015, 11:07 AM
No JFF is pathetic. Have the world by the tail and piss it off.

Phil C
02-03-2015, 11:20 AM
I hope he turns it around and does good in the NFL and life. I think he still has lots of potential and hopefully he seems to realize he needs help and is working on it.

hookandladder
02-03-2015, 11:32 AM
He needs to figure it out. He might be headed in the right direction heard on the new last night he was offered by a Vegas Hotel a six figure sum if he would host a Super Bowl party. He turned it down.

That's some funny stuff right there, since he was already in rehab. Maybe it was a Rehab Super Bowl party, hosted by Manziel. LOl

Snotbubbles
02-03-2015, 11:53 AM
So pathetic....

Totally agree with ya NT. Colleges should not turn a blind eye to kid's whom they know have a substance problem. Just cause the kid can play solid for them on Saturday's, they let him do whatever he wants the rest of the time.

It was no secret to anyone, JF was drinking out of control as a minor while at A&M. When he couldn't do anything, without being under the influence, A&M should of stepped in. How many elite camps did he attend for kid's, while at A&M, and end up being asked to leave cause he rather drink and smoke, and couldn't even show up in the morning? He was seen around CS bars as a minor getting loaded out of control. Pretty clear he had issues. Yet---no one did a thing, cause he brought wins to the college. Not just A&M I know. It happens at most I'd suggest. These colleges need to have a better judgment of these athletes who have substance abuses. When the public is aware, you know colleges know.

I agree with Caleb. This was not totally volunteer. Regards what the news article say's. Cleveland seen an addicted kid out of control, and stepped in, as A&M (and JF's parent's) should of done years back. They all failed him and should be ashamed. We all knew he had issues. You know they knew too.

Yes New Taiton, it is pathetic.

NastySlot
02-03-2015, 12:30 PM
Totally agree with ya NT. Colleges should not turn a blind eye to kid's whom they know have a substance problem. Just cause the kid can play solid for them on Saturday's, they let him do whatever he wants the rest of the time.

It was no secret to anyone, JF was drinking out of control as a minor while at A&M. When he couldn't do anything, without being under the influence, A&M should of stepped in. How many elite camps did he attend for kid's, while at A&M, and end up being asked to leave cause he rather drink and smoke, and couldn't even show up in the morning? He was seen around CS bars as a minor getting loaded out of control. Pretty clear he had issues. Yet---no one did a thing, cause he brought wins to the college. Not just A&M I know. It happens at most I'd suggest. These colleges need to have a better judgment of these athletes who have substance abuses. When the public is aware, you know colleges know.

I agree with Caleb. This was not totally volunteer. Regards what the news article say's. Cleveland seen an addicted kid out of control, and stepped in, as A&M (and JF's parent's) should of done years back. They all failed him and should be ashamed. We all knew he had issues. You know they knew too.

Yes New Taiton, it is pathetic.

I agree with you the universities and athletic departments have a responsibility to hold their players to a standards of the law..............so that selling point one fan base uses with recruits about a certain street and it's night life makes it's campus and city more enticing than other schools as a place to play probably isn't a good recruiting tool in your opinion.

New Taiton
02-03-2015, 12:34 PM
You're backhanded insult towards Texas A&M is what was pathetic.

How many elite camps did he attend for kid's, while at A&M, and end up being asked to leave cause he rather drink and smoke, and couldn't even show up in the morning?

One. And it was because he was late. We can assume it was because he partied the night before but I'm not sure why you threw in that he'd rather "smoke".

He was seen around CS bars as a minor getting loaded out of control.

Because the other kids in the bar weren't doing the same - right? I did it. You did it. Hell - even ole Hook did it.

It's evident he has a problem. But it's a stretch to pin this on Texas A&M.

hookandladder
02-03-2015, 12:44 PM

One. And it was because he was late. We can assume it was because he partied the night before but I'm not sure why you threw in that he'd rather "smoke".

Because the other kids in the bar weren't doing the same - right? I did it. You did it. Hell - even ole Hook did it.

It's evident he has a problem. But it's a stretch to pin this on Texas A&M.

Yes everyone was doing it, so it is ok. That is the what you need to tell your kids one day, see how that works out for you. Lol

New Taiton
02-03-2015, 12:53 PM
Hook - lol. You're the grandmaster dragon of the I Hate John Manziel organization.

You've hated him the longest on here. LMFAO. LOl.

hookandladder
02-03-2015, 12:57 PM
Hook - lol. You're the grandmaster dragon of the I Hate John Manziel organization.

You've hated him the longest on here. LMFAO. LOl.

Yea but I loved watching him play the game even though it was at aggyland, just off the field he was a turd and it finally caught up to him. ATM was part of the problem even if you cannot admit it, out of control Johnny.

coach
02-03-2015, 01:00 PM
For me I really don't care what pro athletes do in their personal life. It has no effect on me and well, it is their life. They only problem I have with JFF is after all the 'issues' he had at atm he sat down on national tv and lied to America that he would change and dedicate himself to the game. He has done the exact opposite. I think he has the ability to be a very good pro qb but he has to fulfill his commitment to the team and stop with all the extracurricular activities. I am not saying he can't have fun, but you have to know when it's time to play and when it's time to work. Unfourtantely for qbs in the nfl you are working more than you play. And if he doesn't except that then he won't be in this league very long. And if he choses that then that is fine with me. I will still love his days at atm and what he did for the program and how spectacular he was.

With that being said, man it would be awesome to party with him just one time.

YTBulldogs
02-03-2015, 01:20 PM

I think SB mentioned "colleges". Not just A&M. The subject in question, just happened to play at A&M. And, if you don't think A&M's Heisman winner (even more protection should of been given to him to walk the walk) wasn't going out to bars, drinking, smoking then here lies this problem. A&M and other colleges condoned this action (for their stud's) and do turn a blind eye to these kids, cause they win games. Manziels addiction didn't start when he arrived at Cleveland. We all knew he had a substance problem for years.

New Taiton
02-03-2015, 02:16 PM
ATM was part of the problem even if you cannot admit it, out of control Johnny.

Was Texas part of Ricky Williams' problem?

hookandladder
02-03-2015, 02:22 PM
Was Texas part of Ricky Williams' problem?

Nobody has denied Ricky had a problem, you guys were in denial from day 1 with JFF. Just admit it and move on but you cannot, Lol.

caleb_mccaig
02-03-2015, 03:28 PM
I think SB mentioned "colleges". Not just A&M. The subject in question, just happened to play at A&M. And, if you don't think A&M's Heisman winner (even more protection should of been given to him to walk the walk) wasn't going out to bars, drinking, smoking then here lies this problem. A&M and other colleges condoned this action (for their stud's) and do turn a blind eye to these kids, cause they win games. Manziels addiction didn't start when he arrived at Cleveland. We all knew he had a substance problem for years.

Totally agree. Look at Jameis Winston. All of the drama he went through in his career and the school and everyone didn't exactly back him, but they turned a blind eye to what he was doing.

In reality, these are all college kids and it's just a point in their life where they either have to learn to party and what not responsibly. Johnny partied hard, probably harder than any of us and I think I'd be lying if I wouldn't have done the same thing given his opportunity. Some people just don't know how to handle success. Doing it every once in awhile is one thing, but his partying was constant.