PDA

View Full Version : National Signing Day on Wednesday

Scoop27
02-02-2015, 02:17 PM
Wednesday is National Signing Day for college players. Post any players from your hometowns that will be signing the dotted line.

waterboy
02-02-2015, 03:18 PM
The only ones we know of for sure at Gilmer are:

Kris Boyd - University of Texas

Blake Lynch - Baylor

There will be a few others.

Rattler
02-02-2015, 03:44 PM
Dustin McWhorter - Texas State.

coach
02-02-2015, 04:08 PM
Dedrick Garner - Fairfield is going to Lamar

slingshot
02-02-2015, 04:10 PM
For sure:

LB/RB Clay Johnston 6'2" 210 lbs--Baylor
DL/TE Baylen Baker 6'4" 260 lbs--UTSA

Heard from good source:

DL/WR Logan Gilliam 6'4" 215 lbs--UTPB
DB Ryan Baker 5'11" 185 lbs--UTPB

lostaussie
02-02-2015, 07:01 PM
The only ones we know of for sure at Gilmer are:

Kris Boyd - University of Texas

Blake Lynch - Baylor

There will be a few others.

McLane Carter- Incarnate Word

panfan
02-03-2015, 08:07 AM
From Liberty Hill:

Jacob Covington - West Point - Linebacker
Colton Hall - Mary Hardin Baylor - Center

Congrats fellas

waterboy
02-03-2015, 08:21 AM
McLane Carter- Incarnate Word

I didn't know he was Catholic, or is that not a prerequisite. They have a football program there?

I looked it up. I see that they do. They went 2-9 last season.

McLane is a good enough QB that he should have gotten a lot more offers, in my opinion.

panfan
02-03-2015, 08:53 AM
I didn't know he was Catholic, or is that not a prerequisite. They have a football program there?

I looked it up. I see that they do. They went 2-9 last season.

McLane is a good enough QB that he should have gotten a lot more offers, in my opinion.

UIW is a hell of a good school - My nephew went there and was part of the first football class they had a short 4-5 years ago. When they started I believe they were DIII, and now have jumped straight to D1. Lots of growing pains, but they will get there with recruiting the right kinds of players. BTW - nephew now in a very high paying job for a top financial services firm in Houston. It aint all about football - but football creates the opportunities. Ask LHPM how her boy is doing - he also played there.

Congrats to this young man on choosing a very good school that will pay off for him in the long run.

waterboy
02-03-2015, 09:11 AM
UIW is a hell of a good school - My nephew went there and was part of the first football class they had a short 4-5 years ago. When they started I believe they were DIII, and now have jumped straight to D1. Lots of growing pains, but they will get there with recruiting the right kinds of players. BTW - nephew now in a very high paying job for a top financial services firm in Houston. It aint all about football - but football creates the opportunities. Ask LHPM how her boy is doing - he also played there.

Congrats to this young man on choosing a very good school that will pay off for him in the long run.

Panfan, I wasn't trying to dis the school. I was just a little surprised, and had never actually heard of the school. Sounds like he made a good decision for himself. YES, education is the real reason, and the priority of going to college to begin with. If only all kids getting scholarships would realize this. The rest is just icing on the cake.

panfan
02-03-2015, 09:16 AM
Panfan, I wasn't trying to dis the school. I was just a little surprised, and had never actually heard of the school. Sounds like he made a good decision for himself. YES, education is the real reason, and the priority of going to college to begin with. If only all kids getting scholarships would realize this. The rest is just icing on the cake.

Didn't take it that way - was trying to make the point that its good school, yep gots some football, will lead to great opportunities. Again congrats to this young man.

caleb_mccaig
02-03-2015, 09:38 AM

There wasn't much good news for their young program this past year, but unless I'm mistaken it was their first year in Division 1. They were in the news a lot during the season because Baylor scheduled them in 2019.

Programs gotta build up somehow and a D-1 scholarship is a D-1 scholarship, congrats!

hookandladder
02-03-2015, 10:05 AM
La Grange- Braylon Hutchinson set to sign with Texas State

Side note- JK Dobbins -2017 - receives first offer from TCU

Rabid Cougar
02-03-2015, 11:01 AM
We had no Seniors....

marler1972
02-03-2015, 11:32 AM
Celina Has so far a couple more could follow

Cash Conder WR Henderson St
Taylon Vaughn OL Henderson St
Nathan Elliott QB North Carolina
Chase Marler WR Southern Nazarene University

Steernation
02-03-2015, 12:00 PM
something that i find weid, graham hardly sends any players to play college ball. In 2013 3 people had offers and only two went to play, 2014 only two, and this year i only know of two that are going.
For a team that has had constantly good teams, youd think graham would send more to play college ball.

caleb_mccaig
02-03-2015, 12:15 PM
something that i find weid, graham hardly sends any players to play college ball. In 2013 3 people had offers and only two went to play, 2014 only two, and this year i only know of two that are going.
For a team that has had constantly good teams, youd think graham would send more to play college ball.

One thing I've noticed is that good teams don't always mean players that are made for the next level. A lot of the kids who get the offers are kids who have the frame and the mixture of performance and untapped talent for the next level. Most high school players hit their physical peak while in high school, which is the main reason. On the state team I was on, only two guys got D-1 offers and they were juniors with me when that game was played.

Steernation
02-03-2015, 12:21 PM
One thing I've noticed is that good teams don't always mean players that are made for the next level. A lot of the kids who get the offers are kids who have the frame and the mixture of performance and untapped talent for the next level. Most high school players hit their physical peak while in high school, which is the main reason. On the state team I was on, only two guys got D-1 offers and they were juniors with me when that game was played.

thats true. i was one of the three in 2013. Unfortunately to a blown out knee im done for lol.

Deuce
02-03-2015, 01:14 PM
thats true. i was one of the three in 2013. Unfortunately to a blown out knee im done for lol.

I might be wrong but I think we had 4 in 2014. Reeves to A&M, Hearne is now at HSU and both still playing. Gonzales was offered to Miswestern but is not playing anymore. Davis had offers but is not playing. This year McWhorter and Dixon are signed and saw where Gonzales could be headed to Tarleton. Possibly 2 more to HSU.

Deuce
02-03-2015, 01:19 PM
I might be wrong but I think we had 4 in 2014. Reeves to A&M, Hearne is now at HSU and both still playing. Gonzales was offered to Miswestern but is not playing anymore. Davis had offers but is not playing. This year McWhorter and Dixon are signed and saw where Gonzales could be headed to Tarleton. Possibly 2 more to HSU.

I guess you could also add Mike Freeze to TCU in this years group even though he was hurt.

Steernation
02-03-2015, 02:19 PM

Crazy, this year has picked up quite a bit i guess. Where is dixon going? Landon is headed to tarleton i heard. Also heard that Langley and Hopkins might be headed to HSU, if those are the two youre speaking of.

Deuce
02-03-2015, 02:29 PM
Crazy, this year has picked up quite a bit i guess. Where is dixon going? Landon is headed to tarleton i heard. Also heard that Langley and Hopkins might be headed to HSU, if those are the two youre speaking of.

Dixon to HSU.

catgut
02-03-2015, 03:56 PM
Jordan Williams LB Paris going to Baylor

pirate4state
02-04-2015, 08:27 PM
Tyler Handson - Sinton QB - Texas A&M Kingsville

Phil C
02-04-2015, 11:16 PM
tyler handson - sinton qb - texas a&m kingsville

go hogs!

panfan
02-05-2015, 08:04 AM
Luke Greenwood from Pilot Point got the call last night from SFA - so he's headed there. Go Lumberjacks and congrats to our old friends - Luke and his family.

waterboy
02-05-2015, 08:24 AM
Also signing from Gilmer:

Dakota Williamson, DL - East Central University

Chase Tate, athlete - Texas A&M, Commerce

Quin Fluellen, Receiver/DB - Trinity Valley Community College

Nick Smith, Receiver/DB - Houston Baptist University

For Gladewater, 5-star recruit Daylon Mack signed with Texas A&M.

Cam
02-05-2015, 10:14 AM
Burnet LB #40 Kody Hall - Blinn
Burnet DE #10 Cameron Chafin - Hardin-Simmons U.

Kody on the left on both pics, Cameron on the right:
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/kody%20cam.jpg
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/DSC_1205.jpg

buckeyebob
02-05-2015, 02:47 PM
Also signing from Gilmer:

Dakota Williamson, DL - East Central University

Chase Tate, athlete - Texas A&M, Commerce

Quin Fluellen, Receiver/DB - Trinity Valley Community College

Nick Smith, Receiver/DB - Houston Baptist University

For Gladewater, 5-star recruit Daylon Mack signed with Texas A&M.

& Demarco Boyd (baby brother to Kris) made verbal to Texas for 2016 entry

marler1972
02-05-2015, 04:11 PM
Celina Has so far a couple more could follow

Cash Conder WR Henderson St
Taylon Vaughn OL Henderson St
Nathan Elliott QB North Carolina
Chase Marler WR Southern Nazarene University

Some last minute changes
Conder to West Texas A&m
Vaughn to West Texas A&M
Marler to Lamar