PDA

View Full Version : Baseball season has begun!

Cam
02-01-2015, 03:16 PM
Coach Todd Doucet is back at the helm! Burnet is right at 60 boys including freshman. What kind of numbers do other folks have?

My lefty is excited!

panfan
02-03-2015, 09:27 AM
Coach Todd Doucet is back at the helm! Burnet is right at 60 boys including freshman. What kind of numbers do other folks have?

My lefty is excited!

People are still trying to climb out of the doldrums of winter to embrace the baseball, be the baseball, love the baseball. Since I only have one boy, and he gave up baseball to focus on football full time, for me spring is about softball - but still miss the baseball.

How's Cam Jr.s season expected to go down - will he make the JV squad or varsity squad? Do ya'll sport a Fish team as well? I know he's fast, but how's his stick?

NastySlot
02-03-2015, 10:17 AM

My lefty is excited!

Great News for Burnet. Todd is a amazing coach and great person. I just picked a team to follow this season.

Good Luck to Duece.

pancho villa
02-03-2015, 10:31 AM

My lefty is excited!

Tell my old friend Todd, Pancho said go water some dirt!!!

Rabid Cougar
02-03-2015, 11:04 AM
First year Umpiring..... Going to be fun. First scrimmage Monday - CS (China Spring I can call in CS again because the imposter CS has gone to 6 A) vs Salado.

Heffelfinger
02-03-2015, 11:27 AM
First year Umpiring..... Going to be fun. First scrimmage Monday - CS (China Spring I can call in CS again because the imposter CS has gone to 6 A) vs Salado.

let us know how it goes...

NastySlot
02-03-2015, 11:27 AM

one of my favorite Todd quotes after a game - fellas "I've coached a lot teams and you all are one them"

GrTigers6
02-03-2015, 12:28 PM
Great, this is the start of my fourth season at the high school level. Umpired pony and Little league for years before that. I enjoy it. Not as much as I enjoy football but close

Cam
02-03-2015, 01:11 PM
one of my favorite Todd quotes after a game - fellas "I've coached a lot teams and you all are one them"

How funny!....he just used that line on our freshman!!....."I've coached a lot of freshman and ya'll are just some of them!!"........

pancho villa
02-03-2015, 02:07 PM
Or "Line up in a circle in pairs of three"

pancho villa
02-03-2015, 02:11 PM
Doucet to our deep snapper "of all the deep snappers I've known your one of them"

Kid (deepsnapper) "Thanks coach" (5 minutes later) "oh wait that's not a compliment is it"

Cam
02-07-2015, 11:36 PM

I will....but can I expect a confused look or will he know what I'm talkin' about???.....

Cam
02-07-2015, 11:40 PM
Or "Line up in a circle in pairs of three"

here's one I heard from Todd yesterday during batting practice: "My grandma in house shoes can catch a pop up!".......

Cam
02-07-2015, 11:58 PM
Great News for Burnet. Todd is a amazing coach and great person. I just picked a team to follow this season.

Good Luck to Duece.

Yes it is great news....it was Todd who almost took Burnet all the way back in 2010...When he left to Fredericksburg the following year, during the Burnet/Fred football game, I found my way over to the Fred sidelines to take some pics from that side of the field....he saw me, approached me, shook my hand, and told me my boy was playing great for Burnet that night....my current freshman boy is lucky to have him back!! He is excited about playing for Todd.....

BwdLion73
02-08-2015, 08:09 AM
I will....but can I expect a confused look or will he know what I'm talkin' about???.....

I'd keep my left high when you mention his name. ;)

Rocket Man
02-08-2015, 09:56 PM
Rockets scrimmage the Yoe tomorrow. I'm interested to see what the pitching looks like. Will be w/o a starter and one pitcher, they be playing some basketball.

XMan
02-09-2015, 06:42 AM
Everyone should be scrimmaging either today or tomorrow. Good luck to everyone. Play hard!

SHSBulldog00
02-09-2015, 12:00 PM
Sweeny is scrimmaging at Episcopal today in Bellaire. Then Saturday they scrimmage Houston Westside and Strake Jesuit.

Rabid Cougar
02-09-2015, 12:51 PM
Rockets scrimmage the Yoe tomorrow. I'm interested to see what the pitching looks like. Will be w/o a starter and one pitcher, they be playing some basketball.

Heard your 1st baseman verbally committed to the Aggies. Nice!

FB-fanatic
02-09-2015, 11:40 PM
Heard your 1st baseman verbally committed to the Aggies. Nice!

I talk to his grandparents a couple of times a week at my stop off at Whataburger for breakfast. They have always kinda been Baylor folks, but I told them he would be in good hands down at CS.

pancho villa
02-10-2015, 08:51 AM
Sweeny is scrimmaging at Episcopal today in Bellaire. Then Saturday they scrimmage Houston Westside and Strake Jesuit.

Who cares "go water some turf"

Cam
02-12-2015, 11:08 AM
Afternoon practice huddle in Burnet....Duece givin' em' some of his one-liners!...

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/DSC_0080.jpg

Deuce
02-13-2015, 02:13 PM
Anyone know a web site that would have the records by season for high school teams? I am trying to find some information on a coach from Graham.

SintonFan_inAustin
02-14-2015, 06:45 PM
Saw Sinton for the first time this season, they're looking pretty good for having to replace 7 starters from last season losing 3 of the top 4 pitchers from last year. One more scrimmage against Corpus Christi Moody next Saturday.

pirate4state
02-14-2015, 09:10 PM
Anyone know a web site that would have the records by season for high school teams? I am trying to find some information on a coach from Graham.

http://txhighschoolbaseball.com/

Tejastrue
02-14-2015, 10:57 PM
I look for the Texans to make a good run...the times are a changing here in Wimberley. It's just not about football / volleyball anymore...did I mention we have a new baseball / softball complex?? Very nice...

Rabid Cougar
02-15-2015, 10:08 AM
Did Robinson vs West yesterday. Both teams were without their basketball players. Let me make a quick prediction that West will be in Austin in 3A and Robinson will be Robinson.

Cam
02-15-2015, 04:16 PM
Burnet vs Marble Falls freshman scrimmage

P Dalton Harned bringing the heat. I like this kids potential. Already 6'2" & strong armed.
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/DSC_0088.jpg

Cam Jr.
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/DSC_0098.jpg

Rocket Man
02-16-2015, 01:19 PM
Did Robinson vs West yesterday. Both teams were without their basketball players. Let me make a quick prediction that West will be in Austin in 3A and Robinson will be Robinson.

I arrived late and saw the last three innings..........not much for me to gauge off of, but I do agree that West will be a frigging terror in 3A.

I'm sure that today's scrimmage against Rockdale will not happen..................dang how did we go from sunshine and upper 70's to cold & wet in just 2 days???????????? Baseball in Feb is for the schizophrenic............

Rocket Man
02-16-2015, 01:20 PM
Burnet vs Marble Falls freshman scrimmage

P Dalton Harned bringing the heat. I like this kids potential. Already 6'2" & strong armed.
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/DSC_0088.jpg

Cam Jr.
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/DSC_0098.jpg

Good looking kid you got there.............just one thing would make him look better..........a blue and white uniform..........HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Rabid Cougar
02-16-2015, 01:27 PM
I arrived late and saw the last three innings..........not much for me to gauge off of, but I do agree that West will be a frigging terror in 3A.

I'm sure that today's scrimmage against Rockdale will not happen..................dang how did we go from sunshine and upper 70's to cold & wet in just 2 days???????????? Baseball in Feb is for the schizophrenic............

Ah! You saw "the man" behind the plate.

Yes West didn't have Paxton ( For certain High level D1 Prospect as in Stanford and Rice are after) or three others in their line up due to basketball.

Rocket Man
02-16-2015, 02:35 PM
Ah! You saw "the man" behind the plate.

Yes West didn't have Paxton ( For certain High level D1 Prospect as in Stanford and Rice are after) or three others in their line up due to basketball.

I "saw" you, but with the gear, I'd have a hard time picking you out of a crowd. You'll have to keep me posted for when you do a RR game in the future so I can introduce myself.

XMan
02-16-2015, 06:54 PM
How do you know its baseball season? Its freezing and wet. Baseball in fall, football after Christmas would be the way to go. Good luck to the central Texas teams. Robinson and West ought to both be really good.

Cam
02-17-2015, 11:26 PM
Good looking kid you got there.............just one thing would make him look better..........a blue and white uniform..........HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

....thanks Rocket!....well, I gotta admit, that blue and white Rocket uni looks pretty sharp!......but he bleeds green!!..