PDA

View Full Version : Book'em Horn QB

YTBulldogs
01-24-2015, 11:35 PM
Wow, stunner UT don't get the big guy from New Mexico, Gentry. See kid is heading to Michigan. Tough blow, now Texas has zero QB's. Nothing new I guess, they had nothing this year too. Sure thought Charlie had this one wrapped up. Kinda too late to land anything useful too with signing day not far away. Hell, Kyler looking damn good now.

Saggy Aggie
01-24-2015, 11:57 PM
Wow, stunner UT don't get the big guy from New Mexico, Gentry. See kid is heading to Michigan. Tough blow, now Texas has zero QB's. Nothing new I guess, they had nothing this year too. Sure thought Charlie had this one wrapped up. Kinda too late to land anything useful too with signing day not far away. Hell, Kyler looking damn good now.

Why are you surprised by this? Pretty much everyone saw this coming. LOL

And goodluck with Kyler.

hookandladder
01-25-2015, 09:54 AM
Just curious if Gentry decommitts because of Texas looking at another QB or just had a change of heart, seems like more and more kids are scared of having to compete for a spot on the team. It is what it is now days, a committment now days means nothing till they sign on the dotted line to most kids. Hookem

Saggy Aggie
01-25-2015, 10:15 AM
Just curious if Gentry decommitts because of Texas looking at another QB or just had a change of heart, seems like more and more kids are scared of having to compete for a spot on the team. It is what it is now days, a committment now days means nothing till they sign on the dotted line to most kids. Hookem

Agreed. And things like Twitter are making it a lot more difficult to land top prospects since they all are buddy buddy nowadays and want to all go to the same school

FB-fanatic
01-25-2015, 02:40 PM
This is the first year I have followed recruiting so closely, but does anyone else envision the scene from Jerry McGuire when McGuire is in the hotel suite with the fictional Texas QB, being told "...Jerry, our agreement is as Strong as oak...." (small pun intended), but this goes for all recruiting. Nothing is as strong as oak till signing day. I feel Kyler is very committed based on no home visits by the Swag group last week.

Also what comes to mind is hearing DII and DIII coaches saying "I see your son starting next year with us..." to my wife and I, then realizing they are telling 10 other QB's the same thing.

And the balance you have to have when recruiting multiple players at a given position. I'm sure they are telling a player something, then hoping badly they don't ever get a chance to compare notes with the other recruits.

hookandladder
01-26-2015, 09:17 AM
Why are you surprised by this? Pretty much everyone saw this coming. LOL

And goodluck with Kyler.

I am not saying Kyler will flip however his timing to visit Texas has come at a great time, look at all the commits following him to Texas to visit. If Kyler does not sign in baseball which school would you want to play baseball at, that is a no brainer and baseball will be his meal ticket at the next level. Hell even if he does not pan out at QB look what else follows him, that's the big picture. Hookem

duckhunter
02-02-2015, 01:59 PM
I am not saying Kyler will flip however his timing to visit Texas has come at a great time, look at all the commits following him to Texas to visit. If Kyler does not sign in baseball which school would you want to play baseball at, that is a no brainer and baseball will be his meal ticket at the next level. Hell even if he does not pan out at QB look what else follows him, that's the big picture. Hookem

looks like the big picture is following him to College Station