PDA

View Full Version : Yoakum Open: Kornegay departs to George West

YTBulldogs
01-22-2015, 12:41 PM
https://twitter.com/mikeforman21/status/558269843745808384

This is Kornegay's alma mater. He is going home. Thanks for all you done for the Yoakum program during your tenure here Brent.

44INAROW
01-22-2015, 02:13 PM
https://twitter.com/mikeforman21/status/558269843745808384

This is Kornegay's alma mater. He is going home. Thanks for all you done for the Yoakum program during your tenure here Brent.

Big shoes to fill.. Let the applications commence :)

YTBulldogs
01-22-2015, 02:37 PM
Big shoes to fill.. Let the applications commence :)

Atleast the cupboard isn't empty. Some talent to place out there for the new hire. I hope they don't drag their feet too long. Keep this off season program going.

bd62
01-22-2015, 03:24 PM
Brent did a great job at Yoakum . Wish him well at GW.Should be a lot of interest in that job. Lost some good kids but still plenty of talent and speed in younger groups.

44INAROW
01-22-2015, 03:51 PM
Atleast the cupboard isn't empty. Some talent to place out there for the new hire. I hope they don't drag their feet too long. Keep this off season program going.

and coming off such a successful season, there should be quite a few qualified applicants.. (Even it's for a Reg IV school) :stirpot: Seriously, I expect the list will be long, which is a good thing.. I agree, I hope the SB doesn't drag their feet.....

YTBulldogs
01-22-2015, 05:14 PM
Sounds dumb, but--getting the turf will help in recruiting applicants. Glad they are doing it. Should begin by Feb 1st. Though, the grass football field wasn't the worse. Coaches rather turf IMO now days. Along with football field, not many baseball fields have the entire field (infield/outfield) turfed, that will be nice too. That starts at end of baseball season. 2 news gyms, future girls soft ball complex, total revamped junior high, and other school upgrades will help out.

hookandladder
01-23-2015, 10:18 AM
Sounds dumb, but--getting the turf will help in recruiting applicants. Glad they are doing it. Should begin by Feb 1st. Though, the grass football field wasn't the worse. Coaches rather turf IMO now days. Along with football field, not many baseball fields have the entire field (infield/outfield) turfed, that will be nice too. That starts at end of baseball season. 2 news gyms, future girls soft ball complex, total revamped junior high, and other school upgrades will help out.

Yoakum should have no problem finding a quality coach, should be lots of interest. On another note, La Grange is finally making major upgrades to the Football stadium which should start real soon also. All donation money, school bond failed to many times. Lots of tight wad people in LG, Lol.

XMan
01-23-2015, 02:17 PM
H&L, truer words have never been spoken. Seems to be a German thing in small towns. Lots of Germans=tight with the money. lol

1st and goal
01-23-2015, 04:33 PM
H&L, truer words have never been spoken. Seems to be a German thing in small towns. Lots of Germans=tight with the money. lol

Giddings halfway cut loose. Got the field done at least. Was supposed to do the visitors stands and add more parking, but there was turmoil at taking over the Highway Dept land. Highway Dept has now moved out but not sure if visitors stands will get overhauled or not.

LG been needing an upgrade for a long time too. Hope they get enough private money. Shame that they have to resort to private funds. It is very expensive.

Hope Yoakum gets a good replacement. Any hometown or assistants ready to step up?

bd62
01-24-2015, 12:05 AM
Giddings halfway cut loose. Got the field done at least. Was supposed to do the visitors stands and add more parking, but there was turmoil at taking over the Highway Dept land. Highway Dept has now moved out but not sure if visitors stands will get overhauled or not.

LG been needing an upgrade for a long time too. Hope they get enough private money. Shame that they have to resort to private funds. It is very expensive.

Hope Yoakum gets a good replacement. Any hometown or assistants ready to step up?

I personally think they will hire from outside . Think there will be some good applicants for the job. Hope who ever comes in will not change offense. scheme much. The type of kids they have in younger groups fit this offense very good.

region4fan
01-24-2015, 02:20 PM
Be cool to get a state champion Coach in there. Probably a lot of $$ though.