PDA

View Full Version : Belichick Says He Didn't Know....

Bullaholic
01-22-2015, 10:42 AM
What a revelation---Belichick says he didn't know somebody was tampering with his balls....

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/12210286/bill-belichick-new-england-patriots-shocked-deflated-football-news

PhiI C
01-22-2015, 11:08 AM
Er uh - sure Bill.

YTBulldogs
01-22-2015, 11:49 AM
What a revelation---Belichick says he didn't know somebody was tampering with his balls....

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/12210286/bill-belichick-new-england-patriots-shocked-deflated-football-news

BeliCHEAT will do anything to gain an edge.

PhiI C
01-22-2015, 12:10 PM
BeliCHEAT will do anything to gain an edge.

The Patriots Dynasty may be forever tarnished. How unlike the dynasties of Green Bay, Pittsburgh, San Francisco and Dallas. :(

Roughneck93
01-22-2015, 12:11 PM
:D

http://youtu.be/vd3D2gsPUR0

turbostud
01-22-2015, 03:09 PM
I don't find this such a big deal. All teams in the league are cheating or looking for an edge somehow. It may not be the coach, it may be a Linebacker, a O lineman, a QB, whether its PED's or deflating balls, someone on every team is cheating or trying to find an edge. Some get caught some don't.

Shoot, when I was running track in high school at the district meet in the 1600m, a kid I was passing in the last corner of the second to last lap, fell and flailed off the track as if I had pushed him. Was it cheating, maybe, was it bad sportsmanship, yes. Did it make him and his team look bad, yes. Was his coached pissed, yes. the reason he did it was to get me disqualified because the district championship was going to come down to placement in the 1600 relay, if I won the 1600m. I just met him in the center of the track after the race shook his hand, laughed and said nice try. My point is, in sports someone is always looking for an edge.

turbostud
01-22-2015, 03:11 PM
Anyone remember Lester Hayes????? If not, do a search...

Bullaholic
01-22-2015, 03:46 PM
Just do away with another silly rule like this---let every team use any air pressure they want as long as they use a regulation ball.

YTBulldogs
01-22-2015, 05:03 PM
Who just believed what Tom said in regards? Me either.

YTBulldogs
01-22-2015, 05:05 PM
Just do away with another silly rule like this---let every team use any air pressure they want as long as they use a regulation ball.

No way. LOL. You had to be a lineman when you played? If you played. Makes a big difference.

Bullaholic
01-22-2015, 05:37 PM
No way. LOL. You had to be a lineman when you played? If you played. Makes a big difference.

Not if every team can do what they want with the pressure for their QB---how is that going to make an unfair difference??????

YTBulldogs
01-22-2015, 05:49 PM
Not if every team can do what they want with the pressure for their QB---how is that going to make an unfair difference??????

I can see a RB running with a flat as a pancake ball. But, its a regulation ball. He'll never fumble that. I know it's easier to catch and kick with reduce air. Certain weather conditions, makes handling easier. But, your point is taken, why should it matter it makes it easier to handle with less air when both teams can do it.

Tell then, they should follow the rule and don't make adjustments to give yourself an edge. Tom is guilty based on that presser he just gave. QB's always knows the status of the ball condition. Especially in the NFL. It's their living.

turbostud
01-22-2015, 06:24 PM
Troy Aikman threw Tom Brady under the bus.

“It’s obvious that Tom Brady had something to do with this,” Aikman told the station, according to the Dallas Morning News.

YTBulldogs
01-22-2015, 06:31 PM
Troy Aikman threw Tom Brady under the bus.

“It’s obvious that Tom Brady had something to do with this,” Aikman told the station, according to the Dallas Morning News.

Troy not the only one from ex-QB's. ESPN panelist of QB's stated, "QB's know the ball status/condition" all the time. And, no ball boy will do anything unless told to do it.

FB-fanatic
01-22-2015, 08:34 PM
Troy not the only one from ex-QB's. ESPN panelist of QB's stated, "QB's know the ball status/condition" all the time. And, no ball boy will do anything unless told to do it.

Yeah, just listened to Aikman's 2-3 minute tirade badmouthing Brady. He sure didn't beat around the bush. I thought it was pretty over the top I thought a little more of Aikman before this.

YTBulldogs
01-22-2015, 09:13 PM
Yeah, just listened to Aikman's 2-3 minute tirade badmouthing Brady. He sure didn't beat around the bush. I thought it was pretty over the top I thought a little more of Aikman before this.

What did Troy say that wasn't right? I have not heard his remarks.

GrTigers6
01-23-2015, 09:03 AM
There is not a QB in the NFL that will not notice a 2lb difference in air pressure in the game balls. Brady was lying thru his teeth and there is no way you can convince me otherwise. I mean if a linebacker can notice the difference then Why wouldn't the Qb? Come on man! :doh:

PhiI C
01-23-2015, 11:04 AM
They are going to make the ball boy be the fall guy. Just wait and see.

Bullaholic
01-23-2015, 11:43 AM
They are going to make the ball boy be the fall guy. Just wait and see.

Small prob with that, Phil...Not if he threatens to turn "whistleblower".....

BwdLion73
01-23-2015, 12:40 PM
I think Phil C is right. Just sit back till after the Super Bowl and see which ball boy does a tearful confession and drives off in his new Corvette.

buff4ever
01-23-2015, 04:17 PM
I agree that Brady should be able to tell the difference between 2 lbs of pressure in the football. To that same statement, I think the referees could notice it as well. If you are setting a properly aired up ball for one team, and a ball 2 lbs less pressure for the other, it never made your eyeballs raise. Maybe the 2 lbs is exaggerated? Maybe this isn't near as big a deal as the media is trying to make out of it.

I don't like the Patriots anymore than the next guy, I don't like coach hoodie either, but I think this has gotten way out of hand.

Tejastrue
01-24-2015, 12:55 AM
Come on guys...this is petty...

YTBulldogs
01-24-2015, 10:08 AM
Come on guys...this is petty...

Then change the rule. Sure, NE wins this even with a nerv ball, but--it's a rule. We follow rules.

turbostud
01-24-2015, 03:50 PM
I'm beginning to think Troy Aikman, Mark Brunell etc.... are gonna owe Brady a big ole Im Sorry. I doubt they will though.

Tejastrue
01-24-2015, 06:19 PM
Then change the rule. Sure, NE wins this even with a nerv ball, but--it's a rule. We follow rules.

If this were not the Patriots there is no huge issue. Only the Cowboys could possibly match the outrageous media frenzy this has generated...and I really don't think there is a guilty party here.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2015/01/24/bill-belichick-says-patriots-broke-no-nfl-rules/

Tejastrue
01-25-2015, 01:10 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/-bill-belichick-doubles-down-on-patriots--innocence-in-deflate-gate--dares-nfl-to-prove-him-wrong-225504102.html

1stnurseryman
01-25-2015, 11:57 AM
This is insane... Lot of jealousy out there over the great program NE has built. Bill may be arrogant put his a great coach and he takes no ****!!!!

YTBulldogs
01-25-2015, 01:38 PM
This is insane... Lot of jealousy out there over the great program NE has built. Bill may be arrogant put his a great coach and he takes no ****!!!!

And he admits and was found he cheated to win sometimes. Nothing wrong with that either. Get off Bill's case.:doh:

1stnurseryman
01-25-2015, 03:56 PM
And he admits and was found he cheated to win sometimes. Nothing wrong with that either. Get off Bill's case.:doh:

Can u plz show me were he ever said he cheated.. There's a big difference in breaking a rule and cheating!!! With ur insane reasoning anyone who gets a speeding ticket is a cheater!!! Is a kid cheating when he gets flagged for hold are a clip are did he just do something wrong?

Roughneck93
01-25-2015, 07:26 PM
http://youtu.be/3RGRyTGUbv4

1stnurseryman
01-25-2015, 08:29 PM
Lol.. That was good

YTBulldogs
01-25-2015, 09:18 PM
Guess filming an opponent's staff to garner their signals so you can gain a edge is cheating in my book. Might as well have their headset's on.

1stnurseryman
01-25-2015, 10:14 PM
Guess filming an opponent's staff to garner their signals so you can gain a edge is cheating in my book. Might as well have their headset's on.

You still haven't answered my question YT

YTBulldogs
01-26-2015, 10:05 AM
You still haven't answered my question YT

Your definition and mine of cheating is different. A player who clips, holds, face mask's commits a rule violation and is punished. He's not intending to cheat. Belicheat condoned filming of the signalling of an opponents staff coverage signals to gain an unfair advantage intentionally. It was planned out then executed.

Belicheat acknowledged filming opponents signals. "I made a mistake," he said in the interview. "I was wrong. I was wrong."

Yes, he might also claim he was unaware of these issues. But, who really believes that? Coach at that level knows all that goes on.

1stnurseryman
01-26-2015, 01:42 PM
Ur wrong

Roughneck93
01-26-2015, 04:47 PM
Looks like the NFL might have their guy....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/26/report-nfl-investigation-has-zeroed-in-on-patriots-locker-room-attendant/

GrTigers6
01-26-2015, 04:52 PM
Looks like the NFL might have their guy....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/26/report-nfl-investigation-has-zeroed-in-on-patriots-locker-room-attendant/

His check must have finally cleared:D

PhiI C
01-27-2015, 02:13 PM
I knew they would find somebody like that for the fall guy! :)

slpybear the bullfan
01-27-2015, 03:48 PM
Ur wrong

Cheating? Defined as Breaking a Rule, to gain an advantage over an opponent.

Speeding is only cheating if you are in a competition and its against the rules. Your example of holding? Absolutely is cheating. Clip? Yep.

YTBulldogs
01-27-2015, 04:06 PM
Cheating? Defined as Breaking a Rule, to gain an advantage over an opponent.

Speeding is only cheating if you are in a competition and its against the rules. Your example of holding? Absolutely is cheating. Clip? Yep.

I think intention of these "cheating" items need to be considered. Not sure players planned to cheat at the snap by holding, clipping, face mask, etc. Sure, some coaches teach to cheat in regards to holding at all levels.

I can assure you when Belicheat knowingly knew his film crew was filming an opponent to learn of their play calling signals, so it can benefit his team, that tactic was intentional and pre-planned, well in advance.

caleb_mccaig
01-27-2015, 05:07 PM
I think intention of these "cheating" items need to be considered. Not sure players planned to cheat at the snap by holding, clipping, face mask, etc. Sure, some coaches teach to cheat in regards to holding at all levels.

I can assure you when Belicheat knowingly knew his film crew was filming an opponent to learn of their play calling signals, so it can benefit his team, that tactic was intentional and pre-planned, well in advance.

Fouls aren't cheating to me since they play an important part in the competition. That would mean that Suh, or a DB who gets burnt and tackles a WR who is breaking away, which many call a smart play, is a cheater on the same level as Belichick. I'm not saying i'm for what the Pats did at all in this whole thing, but when it comes to sports I honestly don't have a problem with people bending the rules to gain an edge (I.E. trying to get away with pine tar, steroids, trying to get some film on another team because that's a personal decision by one player). It's when you full out cheat, get caught and then deny it, that's when I have a problem. If it was three or four balls then it's no big deal, but 11-12, now we have a problem.

I'm really hoping they find something concrete here and can somehow lay the hammer, they are a repeat offender of something like this and unless I'm mistaken, the punishment for that in the substance abuse policy, which doesn't effect the integrity of the game at all, is eight games without pay. Hell, Jim Irsay had to pretty much watch his entire team at home because he got a DWI and got caught with drugs on his own time. You have to hold the coach and owner to a higher standard than the average NFL employee.

YTBulldogs
01-27-2015, 05:49 PM
Fouls aren't cheating to me since they play an important part in the competition. That would mean that Suh, or a DB who gets burnt and tackles a WR who is breaking away, which many call a smart play, is a cheater on the same level as Belichick. I'm not saying i'm for what the Pats did at all in this whole thing, but when it comes to sports I honestly don't have a problem with people bending the rules to gain an edge (I.E. trying to get away with pine tar, steroids, trying to get some film on another team because that's a personal decision by one player). It's when you full out cheat, get caught and then deny it, that's when I have a problem. If it was three or four balls then it's no big deal, but 11-12, now we have a problem.

I'm really hoping they find something concrete here and can somehow lay the hammer, they are a repeat offender of something like this and unless I'm mistaken, the punishment for that in the substance abuse policy, which doesn't effect the integrity of the game at all, is eight games without pay. Hell, Jim Irsay had to pretty much watch his entire team at home because he got a DWI and got caught with drugs on his own time. You have to hold the coach and owner to a higher standard than the average NFL employee.
:thumbsup:

It's Belicheats lying about knowledge of the filming of opponents coaches during a game to gain their signals that rubs me wrong. When ya cheat and get caught, own it and move on. Don't throw those innocent and who make 25k a year under the bus cause they are a dime a dozen and can be replaced daily.

1stnurseryman
01-27-2015, 07:21 PM

Dude there is a big I mean big difference in a DWI and drug use than what NE is being of accused of and if I have to explain to you why it's not worth my time!!!

caleb_mccaig
01-28-2015, 01:33 PM
Dude there is a big I mean big difference in a DWI and drug use than what NE is being of accused of and if I have to explain to you why it's not worth my time!!!

Is a DWI or drug use worse/better than lets say insider trading? I'd say insider trading is the equivalent of an NFL team's front office (Someone who isn't a player) altering something in favor of their team to have success.

I find it it extremely hard to believe that misdemeanor offenses are that big of a difference from doing something at work that gets you ahead of the everyone else that's totally against the rules. Either way, you likely get fired.

1stnurseryman
01-28-2015, 02:14 PM
Is a DWI or drug use worse/better than lets say insider trading? I'd say insider trading is the equivalent of an NFL team's front office (Someone who isn't a player) altering something in favor of their team to have success.

I find it it extremely hard to believe that misdemeanor offenses are that big of a difference from doing something at work that gets you ahead of the everyone else that's totally against the rules. Either way, you likely get fired.
It's a lot worse... Ask any family member who's lost a loved one to a drunk driver are from drugs.. Not even close and if you can't see that your crazy. Did NE cheat in their last game? Maybe but we really don't know that yet and if they did cheat it doesn't in danger other peoples life... By the way they totally kicked the colts ass! !!

coach
01-28-2015, 02:43 PM
I was at a hs playoff game one time and had no interest for either team. I can't remember who the teams were but one team jumped off sides two plays in a row and and stood up and yelled, "stop cheating!" A parent looked at me and said our boys don't cheat! I lost it. He thought I was serious lol.

Tejastrue
01-28-2015, 09:49 PM
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10155267641485019&set=vb.106854275018&type=2&theater

Roughneck93
05-06-2015, 01:03 PM
Wells report released....

"For the reasons described in this Report, and after a comprehensive investigation, we have concluded that, in connection with the AFC Championship Game, it is more probable than not that New England Patriots personnel participated in violations of the Playing Rules and were involved in a deliberate effort to circumvent the rules," the report said. "In particular, we have concluded that it is more probable than not that Jim McNally (the Officials Locker Room attendant for the Patriots) and John Jastremski (an equipment assistant for the Patriots) participated in a deliberate effort to release air from Patriots game balls after the balls were examined by the referee. Based on the evidence, it also is our view that it is more probable than not that Tom Brady (the quarterback for the Patriots) was at least generally aware of the inappropriate activities of McNally and Jastremski involving the release of air from Patriots game balls."

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/12833542/wells-report-finds-new-england-patriots-probably-deflated-balls

Cam
05-07-2015, 01:12 PM
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/wilson.jpg

Cam
05-07-2015, 02:19 PM
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/BradyMeme.jpg

Roughneck93
05-11-2015, 04:53 PM
Tom Brady suspended 4 games.

Patriots lose 1st round pick in 2016, 4th round pick in 2017, fined $1M....

Cam
05-14-2015, 03:00 PM
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/brady.jpg