PDA

View Full Version : Kyler Murray

Deuce
01-21-2015, 04:52 PM
Did anyone else see his tweet about 20 minutes ago of a UT jersey? Uh oh!!

msu97
01-21-2015, 05:02 PM
I'd be more concerned with where he lands in the MLB draft...

he will be excited and post the jersey they have at the next school he visits...

let them enjoy the process...

caleb_mccaig
01-21-2015, 05:04 PM
The jersey doesn't mean anything. Kids usually get to put on a jersey every time they visit. Wouldn't read into it too much.

YTBulldogs
01-21-2015, 05:31 PM
Did anyone else see his tweet about 20 minutes ago of a UT jersey? Uh oh!!

He isn't Charlie's caliber of a QB at all. Don't get me wrong, he is sweet. Will be success in a system that suits him. Just not what Charlie wants back there. Plus, I'd rather Kyler chunks it to #4 at A&M.

NastySlot
01-21-2015, 05:41 PM
made the trip down with Lodge.

Maybe they went for the cookie cake and the HEB chips?

Deuce
01-21-2015, 06:03 PM
I'd be more concerned with where he lands in the MLB draft...

he will be excited and post the jersey they have at the next school he visits...

let them enjoy the process...

Didn't say he shouldn't enjoy the process!!! Just wondering what everyone thought about it!

NastySlot
01-21-2015, 06:15 PM
Didn't say he shouldn't enjoy the process!!! Just wondering what everyone thought about it!

Like someone said I am more concerned with the MLB draft. He has done a great job so far of pitching A&M to other recruits.

Know the Aggie have a former Texas H.S QB now playing in Louisiana high on the 16 list. Who knows?

Saggy Aggie
01-21-2015, 08:44 PM
Not concerned at all. I think he's trolling longhorn faithful.

Ketchum's drastic change of heart is awesome though. Few months ago he was ragging on murray and murray tweeted at him to keep his name out his mouth.... But now that murray is Austin, the town is 'buzzing' LOL

Celina8
01-22-2015, 06:02 AM
AS a huge Longhorn fan , I still see Kyler signing with A&M along with a hoard of other top recruits giving A&M a top 4 recruiting class for 2015. I do think this visit is more about his Dad Kevin Murray and the relationship he has with Watson. Rumors that Kyler's Dad is not exactly thrilled about the Coaching staff at A&M might be true. For Texas they need to be very careful here as they may lose their prize QB recruit Gentry who Harbaugh is going to visit this week.

New Taiton
01-22-2015, 09:59 AM
I do think this visit is more about his Dad Kevin Murray and the relationship he has with Watson.

I think Shawn Watson is the exact reason why Kyler and Lodge would not pick Texas. Coach Watson's offense is very vanilla compared to others in the state.

I think this visit was out of common courtesy to Coach Strong from Kevin Murray. Coach Strong has pandered to them, as has everyone, from the get go and this was the Murray's agreeing to see just what they have to offer.

New Taiton
01-22-2015, 12:12 PM
So Harbaugh visted Gentry yesterday and convinced him to take a trip to Michigan. All the while, Texas was rolling out the red carpet to another QB in Kyler Murray.

In the meantime, Gentry has been scrubbing UT stuff from his twitter feed and horn insiders are expecting him to flip to Michigan after this weekend.

Sure is going to be interesting on the 40 acres if Kyler reaffirms his commitment and Gentry signs with the blue and maize.

Saggy Aggie
01-22-2015, 01:38 PM
Since gentry was supposed to be the only qb commit for this class....

hookandladder
01-22-2015, 01:45 PM
Going to be even more interesting when Murray signs his Pro baseball contract, that will leave atm with one scholarship QB unless you count the walk on they put on scholarship. Lol

Lion70
01-22-2015, 01:53 PM
Going to be even more interesting when Murray signs his Pro baseball contract, that will leave atm with one scholarship QB unless you count the walk on they put on scholarship. Lol

Bet that walk-on can pass for more than 60 yards in a game unlike somebody.

hookandladder
01-22-2015, 02:21 PM
Bet that walk-on can pass for more than 60 yards in a game unlike somebody.

I sure hope so, I have never been high on him. Just saying with Hill gone, it could get very interesting at both schools at QB if Murray goes baseball. Lol

Lion70
01-23-2015, 02:00 AM
I sure hope so, I have never been high on him. Just saying with Hill gone, it could get very interesting at both schools at QB if Murray goes baseball. Lol

You won't be laughing so hard when the other recruit goes to Michigan and Murray goes to either Ags or Mlb. Heard kid better be good lol

hookandladder
01-23-2015, 07:07 AM
You won't be laughing so hard when the other recruit goes to Michigan and Murray goes to either Ags or Mlb. Heard kid better be good lol

Its all good, next man up. Hookem

1st and goal
01-23-2015, 09:22 AM

Funny that you of all people would be making fun of a walk on QB.

New Taiton
01-23-2015, 09:37 AM

Lol.

hookandladder
01-23-2015, 09:47 AM

That just went right over your head, not surprising coming from giddings aggy. Lol

hookandladder
01-23-2015, 10:00 AM
Lol.

Tool.

Saggy Aggie
01-23-2015, 10:43 AM
That just went right over your head, not surprising coming from giddings aggy. Lol

Guess it went over my head too. Please explain for us

Deuce
01-23-2015, 12:00 PM
Hmmm, now Murray shows up at Dallas News banquet last night with orange tie on.

Weebe
01-23-2015, 12:23 PM
There is genuine interest on Murray's part (or at least his dad's).

This is about more than football. He'll sign with the highest bidder.

And I agree with hookandladder, the biggest impact of losing Murray would be A&M's backup situation for the coming season. They should have no problem finding another guy to take over for Kyle Allen in 2-3 years.

1st and goal
01-23-2015, 04:26 PM

So I guess we can now make fun of all the walk on backup QB's at Texas. LOL.

Open season fellows.

1st and goal
01-23-2015, 04:28 PM
I have to wonder if having Kyle Allen already at A&M is what is possibly clouding Murray's decision.

FB-fanatic
01-23-2015, 04:48 PM
I have to wonder if having Kyle Allen already at A&M is what is possibly clouding Murray's decision.

Trolling:
http://www.burntorangenation.com/2015/1/22/7875557/kyler-murray-is-definitely-trolling-everyone-now

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/kyler-murray-says-he-s-still-committed-to-texas-a-m-165959573.html

NastySlot
01-23-2015, 07:32 PM
This isn't trolling. Keep your eyes on this one. If kids are making trips they are thinking.

caleb_mccaig
01-24-2015, 06:49 AM
This isn't trolling. Keep your eyes on this one. If kids are making trips they are thinking.

Plenty of kids troll these days. About a month ago 5* athlete Donte Jackson was on UGA's campus and he posted a pic of him actually wearing an UGA jersey, not just the jersey. Well, he committed to LSU the other day.

I'm not saying there aren't a lot of kids who take their visits because they are legit interested, but there's also a LOT who do it just because it's a free trip and this time in their life is a once in a lifetime experience.

I don't follow A&M recruiting so I don't know how hard his commit is, I'm speaking in general, not just Kyler Murray. I follow LSU's recruiting pretty die-hard and there are a ton of kids who are hard LSU commits going on trips with other LSU commits just to go. LSU also usually hosts about 10 kids who are hard commits to Bama every year when they play each other in Baton Rouge.

Macarthur
01-24-2015, 12:58 PM
The more I'm reading about this kid, I don't think he plays college football for anyone. I think he's going to get $4 or $5 million to play pro baseball.

caleb_mccaig
01-24-2015, 01:11 PM
The more I'm reading about this kid, I don't think he plays college football for anyone. I think he's going to get $4 or $5 million to play pro baseball.

If the money is there then you take it and run. You can always Quan Cosby or Brandon Weeden it later.

FB-fanatic
01-24-2015, 07:17 PM
If the money is there then you take it and run. You can always Quan Cosby or Brandon Weeden it later.

The likelihood of a team offering him $3-4 million are significantly less likely now with new bonus caps than is was back in the Cosby and Weeden days. MLB will have to thing long and hard now to offer.

Macarthur
01-24-2015, 08:01 PM
The likelihood of a team offering him $3-4 million are significantly less likely now with new bonus caps than is was back in the Cosby and Weeden days. MLB will have to thing long and hard now to offer.

True but I read something the other day that says it's more difficult but not impossible. If he's as good as many are saying, it's not far fetched at all that he goes top 10.

Saggy Aggie
01-24-2015, 09:29 PM
I've heard fringe first round.

On another note, gentry officially flips to Michigan.....

Macarthur
01-25-2015, 12:13 AM
I've heard fringe first round.

On another note, gentry officially flips to Michigan.....

If that's true, then I suspect he goes to college.

NastySlot
01-26-2015, 08:56 AM
Plenty of kids troll these days. About a month ago 5* athlete Donte Jackson was on UGA's campus and he posted a pic of him actually wearing an UGA jersey, not just the jersey. Well, he committed to LSU the other day.

I'm not saying there aren't a lot of kids who take their visits because they are legit interested, but there's also a LOT who do it just because it's a free trip and this time in their life is a once in a lifetime experience.

I don't follow A&M recruiting so I don't know how hard his commit is, I'm speaking in general, not just Kyler Murray. I follow LSU's recruiting pretty die-hard and there are a ton of kids who are hard LSU commits going on trips with other LSU commits just to go. LSU also usually hosts about 10 kids who are hard commits to Bama every year when they play each other in Baton Rouge.

telling you keep your eyes on this one.

The New Mexico QB....made a comment about not feeling comfortable with possible offensive changes in Austin. I heard he at actually decommitted almost a week before it came out in the public.......................so Locksley and Murray came into play.

hookandladder
01-26-2015, 09:10 AM
telling you keep your eyes on this one.

The New Mexico QB....made a comment about not feeling comfortable with possible offensive changes in Austin. I heard he at actually decommitted almost a week before it came out in the public.......................so Locksley and Murray came into play.

The recruiting process is getting crazier every year, Strong and Gentry have been talking for weeks now and yes Texas offense will be changing in the spring unless something crazy happens again. With Texas hire at WR coach most put two and two together, this next week leading up to signing day will be even more crazy. Hookem.

NastySlot
01-26-2015, 09:26 AM
The recruiting process is getting crazier every year, Strong and Gentry have been talking for weeks now and yes Texas offense will be changing in the spring unless something crazy happens again. With Texas hire at WR coach most put two and two together, this next week leading up to signing day will be even more crazy. Hookem.

The recruiting process with out a doubt has gotten crazy almost borderline ridiculous. Social media and pay sites have changed it. I talk to a few guys every now and than that follow the Aggies and Horns who get too caught up in this process and they get way too worked up.

New Taiton
01-26-2015, 10:16 AM
Some wild rumors were thrown around this weekend and most originated from the Texas side.

One of them was that Coach Strong guaranteed Kyler would start for Texas next year - which breaks the "honesty" core value.

Lots of other "shady" business going on as well. We will see how it all pans out....

hookandladder
01-26-2015, 10:43 AM
Some wild rumors were thrown around this weekend and most originated from the Texas side.

One of them was that Coach Strong guaranteed Kyler would start for Texas next year - which breaks the "honesty" core value.

Lots of other "shady" business going on as well. We will see how it all pans out....

You gotta love rumors, the same was said that Sumlin guaranteed Kyler would start next year ahead of Allen. I am sure both web sites (atm and Texas) have their own spin, you gotta love Sumlins core values also. Lol

New Taiton
01-26-2015, 10:52 AM
You gotta love rumors, the same was said that Sumlin guaranteed Kyler would start next year ahead of Allen. I am sure both web sites (atm and Texas) have their own spin, you gotta love Sumlins core values also. Lol

The same was not said with regards to Coach Sumlin and Kyler. It was always said that the best player will play, as indicated by our defensive rotation this year. In fact, the Texas side seems to think that Coach Sumlin won't say this which is why Texas has become "appealing" in recent days.

Please elaborate on Coach Sumlin's "core values".

Thanks.

hookandladder
01-26-2015, 10:56 AM
The same was not said with regards to Coach Sumlin and Kyler. It was always said that the best player will play, as indicated by our defensive rotation this year. In fact, the Texas side seems to think that Coach Sumlin won't say this which is why Texas has become "appealing" in recent days.

Please elaborate on Coach Sumlin's "core values".

Thanks.

My point exactly, cannot elaborate on Sumlin's core values because he has none. Get over your red ass for Coach Strong, Lol.

Macarthur
01-26-2015, 11:21 AM
My point exactly, cannot elaborate on Sumlin's core values because he has none. Get over your red ass for Coach Strong, Lol.

Oh, dear sweet irony.

Brian Bennett ✔ @BennettESPN
Follow
Bielema: I love when I hear about these programs that have five goals posted up. And No. 1 is No Guns. Well, no s---.
1:48 PM - 12 Jan 2015 Louisville, KY, United States
82 RETWEETS 43 FAVORITES ReplyRetweetFavorite

New Taiton
01-26-2015, 11:23 AM

Lol. No other coach in the country has "core values". In reality, Coach Strong's "core values" equate to "act right" or "don't be a thug".

You trumpeted how much better a person Coach Strong was than anybody else because of these. Remember? Remember when he was kicking off all those kids because they didn't have "core values"? Remember, he was "cleaning up the program". Instead, we've learned that "core values" exist for some but not all.

Lol at you for idolizing a hypocrite and trumpeting a lot of fluff.

hookandladder
01-26-2015, 11:31 AM
Lol. No other coach in the country has "core values". In reality, Coach Strong's "core values" equate to "act right" or "don't be a thug".

You trumpeted how much better a person Coach Strong was than anybody else because of these. Remember? Remember when he was kicking off all those kids because they didn't have "core values"? Remember, he was "cleaning up the program". Instead, we've learned that "core values" exist for some but not all.

Lol at you for idolizing a hypocrite and trumpeting a lot of fluff.

Red Ass deluxe, Lol

New Taiton
01-26-2015, 11:32 AM
Nice deflection.

hookandladder
01-26-2015, 11:34 AM
Oh, dear sweet irony.

Brian Bennett ✔ @BennettESPN
Follow
Bielema: I love when I hear about these programs that have five goals posted up. And No. 1 is No Guns. Well, no s---.
1:48 PM - 12 Jan 2015 Louisville, KY, United States
82 RETWEETS 43 FAVORITES ReplyRetweetFavorite

And Mac chimes in from Pot heaven tcu, get a freaking life. Every college program has it's problems, some coaches are trying to change it and get bashed in the process. Keep showing us your freaking ignorance. Lol

hookandladder
01-26-2015, 11:35 AM
Nice deflection.

Fit's you perfectly, Lol

New Taiton
01-26-2015, 11:37 AM
You're at your best when you're at a loss for words. Eat 'em up.

And the reason you're at a loss for words is because you're ignorant about the subject. LOL.

hookandladder
01-26-2015, 12:47 PM
You're at your best when you're at a loss for words. Eat 'em up.

And the reason you're at a loss for words is because you're ignorant about the subject. LOL.

OK SMART ASS, tell me why you want to talk **** about a coach trying to change the culture at his school. Cannot wait to hear your spin, give us your ignorant ass response. Lol

Saggy Aggie
01-26-2015, 01:16 PM
Lol.... I can't wait til NSD. No matter what happens, there's gonna be some legit **** talking. If kyler sticks with A&M, I'm sure we'll hear about how short he is or lack of arm strength like before. But boy if he flips, you better believe he's the #1 dual threat qb in the nation.

NastySlot
01-26-2015, 01:50 PM
Lol.... I can't wait til NSD. No matter what happens, there's gonna be some legit **** talking. If kyler sticks with A&M, I'm sure we'll hear about how short he is or lack of arm strength like before. But boy if he flips, you better believe he's the #1 dual threat qb in the nation.

All that is what was being said up until a week ago about Murray. For years the horns have trashed Kevin Murray and recently Kyler but hey maybe they are willing to forgive and forget....Good for them.

If Aggies get him great if not- then coach up the kids you have.

I'm surprised the Aggies weren't looking at a second QB all along. Not because of a possible flip but because MLB has always been an option just like it was a few seasons ago with K. Stewart.

hookandladder
01-26-2015, 01:50 PM

I have said before just like what I said about Malik, no matter how many stars are next to your name you still have to prove it on the field. From what I have seen of Murray he is a lot like Manziel , can he have the same success remains to be seen. Hell he may never see the football field, Lol

NastySlot
01-26-2015, 01:54 PM
no matter how many stars are next to your name you still have to prove it on the field

Amen to this. They can't all be Five Stars and with the talent in this state they can't all go to Texas just like they all can't all go to A&M.

New Taiton
01-26-2015, 02:21 PM
OK SMART ASS, tell me why you want to talk **** about a coach trying to change the culture at his school. Cannot wait to hear your spin, give us your ignorant ass response. Lol

I've not talked **** about Coach Strong. I just find him to be highly hypocritical with regards to his "core values". He told Zach Gentry he would not recruit another QB but engages Murray and Locksley. He tells Murray that he'll start next year. I don't know this, but I would imagine that he told Swoopes and the redshirt that the best player would play. That's two instances of breaking the "honesty" clause. You already know that he accepted the transfer RB from Auburn who had an affinity for guns and drugs at Louisville after getting kicked out of his last two schools. Surely you'll agree that Coach Strong added him to the roster because of his athleticism.

I like that he's hypocritical and don't mind it at all. I'm just doing this to remind you that Coach Strong's "core values" doesn't make him any better than anyone else although that's what you told us. Moreover, based on your athletic prowess, those values can bend.

hookandladder
01-26-2015, 04:46 PM
I've not talked **** about Coach Strong. I just find him to be highly hypocritical with regards to his "core values". He told Zach Gentry he would not recruit another QB but engages Murray and Locksley. He tells Murray that he'll start next year. I don't know this, but I would imagine that he told Swoopes and the redshirt that the best player would play. That's two instances of breaking the "honesty" clause. You already know that he accepted the transfer RB from Auburn who had an affinity for guns and drugs at Louisville after getting kicked out of his last two schools. Surely you'll agree that Coach Strong added him to the roster because of his athleticism.

I like that he's hypocritical and don't mind it at all. I'm just doing this to remind you that Coach Strong's "core values" doesn't make him any better than anyone else although that's what you told us. Moreover, based on your athletic prowess, those values can bend.

NT all you are reporting is rumors about what Coach Strong is saying, you cannot be that stupid to beleive everything you hear as facts but I could be wrong with you. Your reporting what he is saying like you heard it first hand, half of what you call facts are not worth the toilet paper you wipe your ass with. LMAO

New Taiton
01-26-2015, 05:06 PM
NT all you are reporting is rumors about what Coach Strong is saying, you cannot be that stupid to beleive everything you hear as facts but I could be wrong with you. Your reporting what he is saying like you heard it first hand, half of what you call facts are not worth the toilet paper you wipe your ass with. LMAO

What about Michael Dyer - the Auburn transfer? He broke every core value but found a spot on the roster. Quite hypocritical, wouldn't you say?

hookandladder
01-26-2015, 05:35 PM
What about Michael Dyer - the Auburn transfer? He broke every core value but found a spot on the roster. Quite hypocritical, wouldn't you say?

Never heard of Michael Dyer and I do not see his name on the Texas roster, I will say you are obsessed with Coach Strong. Dude you need to get a life, you got some Strong problems. Lol

NastySlot
01-27-2015, 10:53 AM

Now this is trolling: http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/tennessee-commit-asked-leave-early-auburn-visit/

Murray I think is weighing options as to where can he win a starting job.

hookandladder
01-27-2015, 12:24 PM
Now this is trolling: http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/tennessee-commit-asked-leave-early-auburn-visit/

Murray I think is weighing options as to where can he win a starting job.

Damn sec teams, Lol.

NastySlot
01-27-2015, 12:47 PM
Damn sec teams, Lol.

they take recruiting to a different level.......they even out did Strong's cookie cake last weekend. Wish I still had the picture-Ole Miss made a cookie cake for Lodge last weekend that was a Jersey.

NastySlot
01-27-2015, 12:50 PM
Damn sec teams, Lol.

then I guess there is the Big Ten way of doing it or at least Michigan's way:
http://www.lostlettermen.com/article/big-ten-football-nebraska-commit-daishon-neal-throws-michigan-staff-out

Macarthur
01-27-2015, 01:16 PM
Never heard of Michael Dyer and I do not see his name on the Texas roster, I will say you are obsessed with Coach Strong. Dude you need to get a life, you got some Strong problems. Lol

http://afterthewhistle.sportsblog.com/post/133134/is_louisville_hypocritical_for_recruiting.html

hookandladder
01-27-2015, 02:28 PM
http://afterthewhistle.sportsblog.com/post/133134/is_louisville_hypocritical_for_recruiting.html

Still do not see him on the Texas roster, also cannot open whatever link you have here.

Macarthur
01-27-2015, 02:38 PM
Link is working for me.

He was on Charlie's roster at Louisville. YOu remember, where he instituted his 'core values'.

hookandladder
01-27-2015, 03:12 PM
Link is working for me.

He was on Charlie's roster at Louisville. YOu remember, where he instituted his 'core values'.

Show me a Texas roster with his name on it, do not give a rats ass about Louisville.

Macarthur
01-27-2015, 03:47 PM
Show me a Texas roster with his name on it, do not give a rats ass about Louisville.

This is exactly why no one on here takes you seriously. You're just a troll.

hookandladder
01-27-2015, 04:26 PM
This is exactly why no one on here takes you seriously. You're just a troll.

That is really funny coming from you, the Troll master and know it all guy. LMAO

New Taiton
01-27-2015, 05:13 PM

Exactly. You want to point to the past to remind us how good Texas used to be but you won't do the same to evaluate some of the decisions Coach Strong has made using the exact same "principles" that he has enacted at UT.

caleb_mccaig
01-27-2015, 05:49 PM
Exactly. You want to point to the past to remind us how good Texas used to be but you won't do the same to evaluate some of the decisions Coach Strong has made using the exact same "principles" that he has enacted at UT.

I don't see why ANY top recruit would ever want to play for Coach Strong. I personally have nothing against him. But I know if I'm the no.1 recruit in the country I'm not going somewhere that's one strike and your out when you can go to FSU and literally do whatever you want and get backed by the coach and university while you go and play in the CFP. Whether you like it or not, most top recruits have EXTREMELY big egos and personalities and are used to doing whatever that they want without consequence and I think most programs realize that and that's why there is a bit of leniency unless you get caught trading signed jerseys for tats.

I.E. I know several people who played at big time D1 programs who smoked pot very often because the coaching staff would tell them when they were getting tested. I've heard of team tattoo artists, and special hotlines for players to call if anything happens that isn't the police. These things do exist and I'm sure many of you think they are somewhat farfetched, but things like this do exist. I know it's different depending on what type of player you are, but I always got along with and was much more coachable with coaches that related to me and didn't see themselves as someone I have to be on my guard around 24/7. No earrings Charlie? It's 2015.

hookandladder
01-27-2015, 06:26 PM
I don't see why ANY top recruit would ever want to play for Coach Strong. I personally have nothing against him. But I know if I'm the no.1 recruit in the country I'm not going somewhere that's one strike and your out when you can go to FSU and literally do whatever you want and get backed by the coach and university while you go and play in the CFP. Whether you like it or not, most top recruits have EXTREMELY big egos and personalities and are used to doing whatever that they want without consequence and I think most programs realize that and that's why there is a bit of leniency unless you get caught trading signed jerseys for tats.

I.E. I know several people who played at big time D1 programs who smoked pot very often because the coaching staff would tell them when they were getting tested. I've heard of team tattoo artists, and special hotlines for players to call if anything happens that isn't the police. These things do exist and I'm sure many of you think they are somewhat farfetched, but things like this do exist. I know it's different depending on what type of player you are, but I always got along with and was much more coachable with coaches that related to me and didn't see themselves as someone I have to be on my guard around 24/7. No earrings Charlie? It's 2015.

Wow, just wow. Pretty unbeleiveable, Lol

hookandladder
01-27-2015, 06:29 PM

NT is back , still obsessed with Coach Strong. I think you need to seek real help soon, LMAO

caleb_mccaig
01-27-2015, 06:30 PM
Wow, just wow. Pretty unbeleiveable, Lol

Lol being only a year and a half removed from college I know it probably sounds crazy to you older guys, but ask Saggy, I'm sure he knows. The common day D1 athlete for a good program can just about do whatever the hell they want and being totally honest I would definitely choose that over having to make sure I didn't cuss or accidentally leave an earring in at Texas and getting kicked off the team.

hookandladder
01-27-2015, 06:59 PM
Lol being only a year and a half removed from college I know it probably sounds crazy to you older guys, but ask Saggy, I'm sure he knows. The common day D1 athlete for a good program can just about do whatever the hell they want and being totally honest I would definitely choose that over having to make sure I didn't cuss or accidentally leave an earring in at Texas and getting kicked off the team.
Now that explains a lot, to each his own . Good luck in the real world, Lol

New Taiton
01-28-2015, 09:40 AM
NT is back , still obsessed with Coach Strong. I think you need to seek real help soon, LMAO

I offer facts and ask for your opinion and you just deflect and insult.

So pathetic hook - so pathetic.

Deuce
01-28-2015, 10:15 AM

Wow! And we wonder why todays society is so screwed up. Its because of this mentality and the fact that no one wants to be held accountable for their actions. I have no idea if Strong will ever be successful with the way he is trying to run his program, but if my kid was a 5 star recruit I would be pushing him to play for a coach like Strong.

hookandladder
01-28-2015, 10:25 AM
Wow! And we wonder why todays society is so screwed up. Its because of this mentality and the fact that no one wants to be held accountable for their actions. I have no idea if Strong will ever be successful with the way he is trying to run his program, but if my kid was a 5 star recruit I would be pushing him to play for a coach like Strong.

Totally agree with you, Just wow on this post.

coach
01-28-2015, 11:08 AM

I agree with you too Deuce, but caleb is right. i dont think he is saying he agrees with it but thats the way the kids think now days.

Bullaholic
01-28-2015, 11:13 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2343389-the-texas-recruiting-battle-for-kyler-murray?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=cnn-sports-bin

NastySlot
01-28-2015, 12:05 PM
I have no idea if Strong will ever be successful with the way he is trying to run his program, but if my kid was a 5 star recruit I would be pushing him to play for a coach like Strong.

Why? Strong is no different than most college coaches out there. Strong has just taken a few things from some of the coaches worked for and programs he's been a part of an posted them on a wall and sold it to the media. All coaches work to maintain some level of structure and discipline for their players and coaches.

The more I read the more I am beginning to believe the the "Five Core Values" or more like "Five Situational Values." There is a reason why Strong couldn't bring all his coaches to Austin with him (C. Hurtt), and there was a reason why he had to testify in a case involving a former player at Louisville that was involved in a fight in the locker room.

I have learned over time the those guys usually spouting off about righteousness and values are usually the ones' not always practicing what they preach.

caleb_mccaig
01-28-2015, 01:14 PM
I agree with you too Deuce, but caleb is right. i dont think he is saying he agrees with it but thats the way the kids think now days.

Lol exactly! I don't condone that behavior, but I'm smart enough to realize that it exists and I've witnessed it first hand. Do I want my kid running around acting like an idiot? Definitely not! But I don't think it's wrong of me to say that a lot of the kids who are top recruits aren't exactly growing up in the Highland Park or Southlake areas and success is something that people learn to take graciously only when they've experienced it around them. Also, I'm not saying EVERY top recruit is like this.

Macarthur
01-28-2015, 03:05 PM
Why? Strong is no different than most college coaches out there. Strong has just taken a few things from some of the coaches worked for and programs he's been a part of an posted them on a wall and sold it to the media. All coaches work to maintain some level of structure and discipline for their players and coaches.

The more I read the more I am beginning to believe the the "Five Core Values" or more like "Five Situational Values." There is a reason why Strong couldn't bring all his coaches to Austin with him (C. Hurtt), and there was a reason why he had to testify in a case involving a former player at Louisville that was involved in a fight in the locker room.

I have learned over time the those guys usually spouting off about righteousness and values are usually the ones' not always practicing what they preach.

The coach at Arkansas is right. It's a joke that strong is being help up as some bastion of morality for telling kids not to beat up girls and carry guns. It's a complete joke.

Sweetwater Red
01-28-2015, 03:22 PM
then I guess there is the Big Ten way of doing it or at least Michigan's way:
http://www.lostlettermen.com/article/big-ten-football-nebraska-commit-daishon-neal-throws-michigan-staff-out

Here's a tweet Neal posted a few days ago and there were more examples after him going
public with this visit. Given his spelling and grammar it would appear he belongs at Nebraska anyway.

FollowDJ‏@DaishonNeal90

Michigan we'll be at school tomorrow. For an in-home visit.

Seriously though, obviously the dad is thinned skinned and it looks like he has
passed that onto his son. It's a sad deal too because the stage is only going to get
bigger from here and there will be much more criticism and scrutiny to come.

I can't wait until after National Signing Day when we will have a chance to hear the
other side of the story from the Michigan coaching staff. I wouldn't be surprised to
learn that Mattison told him Michigan had to pull his offer due to him not being
academically eligible. Either way it looks like the Wolverines probably dodged a
bullet with this kid.

PhiI C
01-28-2015, 03:32 PM
Visiting recruits who are already committed is wrong. I 'm glad Texas doesn't do that.

caleb_mccaig
01-28-2015, 03:59 PM
Visiting recruits who are already committed is wrong. I 'm glad Texas doesn't do that.

Lol why is that wrong? I find it very hard to believe that UT doesn't do that. Nothing is a done deal until NSD and everything is fair game. That's like saying kids who are committed to one school and visit another are in the wrong. Was Kyler wrong for visiting Texas?

coach
01-28-2015, 04:04 PM

Charlie Strong is havoing an in home visit with Kyler on Friday...

coach
01-28-2015, 04:04 PM
Lol why is that wrong? I find it very hard to believe that UT doesn't do that. Nothing is a done deal until NSD and everything is fair game. That's like saying kids who are committed to one school and visit another are in the wrong. Was Kyler wrong for visiting Texas?

According to Texaags.... Yes he was very wrong lol

Macarthur
01-28-2015, 04:38 PM

Are you serious?

hookandladder
01-28-2015, 05:09 PM
The coach at Arkansas is right. It's a joke that strong is being help up as some bastion of morality for telling kids not to beat up girls and carry guns. It's a complete joke.

It may be a joke in your eyes but many players parents like what they are hearing form Coach Strong, hell even the NFL has talked to Coach Strong. As a parent of a football player at Texas, I am very happy with Coach Strong.

Rabid Cougar
01-28-2015, 05:23 PM
It may be a joke in your eyes but many players parents like what they are hearing form Coach Strong, hell even the NFL has talked to Coach Strong. As a parent of a football player at Texas, I am very happy with Coach Strong.

Coaches on recruting visits are like used car salesmen... they will say anything and everything that is required to make mom and dad happy. As far as NFL coaches visiting Strong? I am very sure that there are plenty of Dads on here ( Hook included) that would be more than happy to share their way of raising young men correctly. Zebras dont change their stripes no matter what color you paint them, orange or maroon.

Macarthur
01-28-2015, 05:40 PM

That's great that you're happy with him.

But I'm tired of everyone clamor img that he's somehow morally superior to other college coaches because of these insanely elementary "core values".

And by the way, when Patterson had all the issues arise a couple of years ago, he's dismisseed close to 30 players from the program in that time. So, no, Charlie isn't the only one that has cleaned house.

hookandladder
01-28-2015, 05:46 PM

But I'm tired of everyone clamor img that he's somehow morally superior to other college coaches because of these insanely elementary "core values".

Some times the truth hurts, Lol

NastySlot
01-28-2015, 07:34 PM

In the old day they called what Phil posted or said...........pulling your leg. Today I think it's called trolling.

NastySlot
01-28-2015, 08:18 PM

You were drinking the kool aid long before Strong got there. lol

NastySlot
01-28-2015, 08:21 PM

And by the way, when Patterson had all the issues arise a couple of years ago, he's dismisseed close to 30 players from the program in that time. So, no, Charlie isn't the only one that has cleaned house.

Don't you know in Austin and in the press when other coaches dismiss players it's because they have lost control of their programs. Whereas in Austin when the trap door opens it's about Core Values.

hookandladder
01-29-2015, 07:22 AM
Don't you know in Austin and in the press when other coaches dismiss players it's because they have lost control of their programs. Whereas in Austin when the trap door opens it's about Core Values.

You aggys will never get over the your Big Brother, kinda like the aggys code of honor. What a joke, Lol

NastySlot
01-29-2015, 09:13 AM
You aggys will never get over the your Big Brother, kinda like the aggys code of honor. What a joke, Lol

Nah we've moved on. Sometimes I think the Aggies are in your dome so much it effects your ability to banter on this board.

Eat em up

oh yeah I forgot.........lol.

New Taiton
01-29-2015, 10:22 AM
Eat em up!

hookandladder
01-29-2015, 11:08 AM
Nah we've moved on. Sometimes I think the Aggies are in your dome so much it effects your ability to banter on this board.

Eat em up

That's some funny **** right there, Lol

hookandladder
01-29-2015, 11:09 AM

Eat em up

Eat em up!

New aggy code of honor, I assume. Lol

FB-fanatic
01-30-2015, 08:06 AM
http://www.burntorangenation.com/2015/1/30/7949631/kyler-murray-fallout-texas-longhorns-damarkus-lodge-daylon-mack-soso-jamabo. Guess the Aggies will have the burden after all of trying to figure out what to do with ole Mr. Murray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Saggy Aggie
01-30-2015, 08:59 AM
Kyler or bust for the Longhorns. That's what I heard s few days ago lol

hookandladder
01-30-2015, 09:20 AM
Kyler or bust for the Longhorns. That's what I heard s few days ago lol

That is what I was hearing from them aggys also, he still may never set foot on the football next year. Not going to knock him at all, he wanted to make sure atm was where he wanted to be. Nuff said.

NastySlot
01-30-2015, 09:28 AM
That is what I was hearing from them aggys also, he still may never set foot on the football next year. Not going to knock him at all, he wanted to make sure atm was where he wanted to be. Nuff said.

I agree with you (funny huh?) he might never get to campus due baseball or a change of heart. I still can't believe the Aggies weren't looking at a second QB.

New Taiton
01-30-2015, 09:29 AM
Today I think it's called trolling.

Speaking of trolling - what a masterful display put on by the Murrays at the expense of the University of Texas.

In June, Kyler Murray was too short, too soft, and would probably play baseball. Last week, Kyler Murray was a can't miss prospect and guaranteed the starting job at a certian university. Today, Kyler Murray has gone back to being too short, too soft, and a more than likely will never play football.

coach
01-30-2015, 09:53 AM
Speaking of trolling - what a masterful display put on by the Murrays at the expense of the University of Texas.

In June, Kyler Murray was too short, too soft, and would probably play baseball. Last week, Kyler Murray was a can't miss prospect and guaranteed the starting job at a certian university. Today, Kyler Murray has gone back to being too short, too soft, and a more than likely will never play football.

And they wonder why they are known as T-sips... Sounds just like woman logic to me.

hookandladder
01-30-2015, 10:10 AM

Damn, you one hell of a closet guy. LMAO

NastySlot
01-30-2015, 10:25 AM
and it's back to the regular scheduled agenda...........from Mr. Chip Brown "Murray is small, won't be able to take the punishment... Kai Locksley is the prize, big personality and body that could hold up and recruits will follow."

also said Mack's final two are TCU and Texas.

hookandladder
01-30-2015, 10:32 AM
and it's back to the regular scheduled agenda...........from Mr. Chip Brown "Murray is small, won't be able to take the punishment... Kai Locksley is the prize, big personality and body that could hold up and recruits will follow."

All that matters is putting a winning team on the field, the recruiting process is out of control. Wait till they start paying the college players like most on this board think they should ,we will soon find out who has the biggest pocket book. Lol

hookandladder
01-30-2015, 10:33 AM
And they wonder why they are known as T-sips... Sounds just like woman logic to me.

And little brother is atm-sips, Lol

hookandladder
01-30-2015, 10:37 AM

Hey Nasty does it really matter what any of them say if you cannot win games, atm getting recruits but nothing to show for it. It is put up or shut up time for Sumlin or do you think atm is still years away from winning anything, recruiting wins do not count on the field. Just saying.

coach
01-30-2015, 10:40 AM
And little brother is atm-sips, Lol

Im not a very smart man, can you please tell me what in bloody hell that means?

coach
01-30-2015, 10:41 AM
Hey Nasty does it really matter what any of them say if you cannot win games, atm getting recruits but nothing to show for it. It is put up or shut up time for Sumlin or do you think atm is still years away from winning anything, recruiting wins do not count on the field. Just saying.

26 wins in 3 years is not too shaby and thats with 3 different quarterbacks, and one year having to start 10 true freshamn on defense in the toughest conference in the nation.

Saggy Aggie
01-30-2015, 10:56 AM
I've heard that kyler murray guaranteed aTm staff that lodge and mack will follow. Who knows if that's true

Interested to see what Boyd and Hill do but every indication I've seen is to Texas so we shall see.

PhiI C
01-30-2015, 11:08 AM
Come on MLB! ;) :)

New Taiton
01-30-2015, 11:13 AM
I've heard that kyler murray guaranteed aTm staff that lodge and mack will follow. Who knows if that's true

Mack is in, I would assume. Seems as if Lodge is headed to Dixie.

NastySlot
01-30-2015, 11:38 AM

Who's not winning games? Yes it's time to turn the corner and put up or shut up. I agree. On the other hand the results haven't been that discouraging the past three seasons. They did exactly what was expected of them this year win about 7-8 games. Only problem was they played their best game to start the season so more became expected of them as the season went on.

Oh yeah it really doesn't matter to me what the blowhards on the radio say or the Jack @$$e$ with their websites and star systems say. I'm like you when you say show me on the field and also hey if they want to be an Aggies great and if they want to be a Horn good.

caleb_mccaig
01-30-2015, 12:25 PM
Mack is in, I would assume. Seems as if Lodge is headed to Dixie.

I know we've said Mack has been a diva when it comes to where he wants to go, but Lodge has been wishy-washy too. Before this football season, Lodge said LSU was his #1, I'm guessing because his QB is going there, and then about two months later he committed to A&M for idk how long and then decommitted. He's visited LSU, Ole Miss and I'm not sure where else. At this point I agree, Dixie I think is where he'll end up. Him and Treadwell are apparently really good friends.

NastySlot
01-30-2015, 12:43 PM
I know we've said Mack has been a diva when it comes to where he wants to go, but Lodge has been wishy-washy too. Before this football season, Lodge said LSU was his #1, I'm guessing because his QB is going there, and then about two months later he committed to A&M for idk how long and then decommitted. He's visited LSU, Ole Miss and I'm not sure where else. At this point I agree, Dixie I think is where he'll end up. Him and Treadwell are apparently really good friends.

From things I have read I think he might have a Mississippi connection. He might be originally from Mississippi. heard there was tweet about Jackson boys etc.

it probably helps to have Quincy Adeboyejo at Ole Miss also.

Macarthur
01-30-2015, 12:48 PM
I think Chip Brown said this morning that the UT staff has already been informed by Lodge that he will not be going to UT. I think it's Miss on Lodge.

I don't know what to think on Mack. He seems to change his mind with the direction of the wind.

I think Boyd goes UT and I think Hill ends up choosing A&M.

NastySlot
01-30-2015, 12:53 PM
I think Chip Brown said this morning that the UT staff has already been informed by Lodge that he will not be going to UT. I think it's Miss on Lodge.

I don't know what to think on Mack. He seems to change his mind with the direction of the wind.

I think Boyd goes UT and I think Hill ends up choosing A&M.

I'm thinking Boyd and Hill are horns. Poor Mack I feel for this kid I think he is really torn as to where to go. I wouldn't be surprised if on signing day he went with the Frogs.

If Boyd and Hill don't go together I would think Boyd to Aggies and Hill to Texas.

coach
01-30-2015, 12:56 PM
I'm thinking Boyd and Hill are horns. Poor Mack I feel for this kid I think he is really torn as to where to go. I wouldn't be surprised if on signing day he went with the Frogs.

If Boyd and Hill don't go together I would think Boyd to Aggies and Hill to Texas.

Poor guy, he gets to play football and have his college payed for. Rough life.

NastySlot
01-30-2015, 01:01 PM

oh don't get me wrong I don't feel for him as poor kid has it rough....but I think he is probably making the most important move in his life and will have to live with it and that is why he is torn by this......Idk him but these kids might even worry about letting people (coaches and friends they have made on the recruiting and camp circuit) down.

caleb_mccaig
01-30-2015, 01:09 PM

I mean I doubt you would enjoy people making billions of dollars off of you and all you get to see of it is a meal plan and books each semester.

YTBulldogs
01-30-2015, 01:22 PM
I mean I doubt you would enjoy people making billions of dollars off of you and all you get to see of it is a meal plan and books each semester.

If you start paying athletes, the poor non-athlete souls (going to school for a education) who can't slam dunk, hit a 400 foot homer, throw 100 mph, and rush for 2000 yards --will be paying out the a$$ to attend. Just the wealthy (non-athletes) will be going to D1 colleges. Cause, rates will go through the roof if colleges start paying for play. Yes, they can afford to pay them now, but--your crazy if you don't think the average, non-athlete student isn't forced to make up the schools loss if this is implemented.

coach
01-30-2015, 01:24 PM

I take it you didn't enjoy college? He I payed for every cent of my college education and I didn't meal plans or books for free and I enjoyed every second of it. And that's with out playing sports and flying on a plane once a week and playing for a national championship and being treated like a celebertiy at partys and getting any girl imaginable. Yea that sucks. Thats better than going straight to work out of high school.

coach
01-30-2015, 01:26 PM
Im so tired of the pay the ahltetes bs. Hell they get meal money every game and the team still feeds them. Straight cash. They can spend it however they want. If i got the same deal when I was in college, id be the biggest alcoholic west of the mississippi. Poor college athletes.

caleb_mccaig
01-30-2015, 01:50 PM
I take it you didn't enjoy college? He I payed for every cent of my college education and I didn't meal plans or books for free and I enjoyed every second of it. And that's with out playing sports and flying on a plane once a week and playing for a national championship and being treated like a celebertiy at partys and getting any girl imaginable. Yea that sucks. Thats better than going straight to work out of high school.

I lOVED every second of my college experience lol.

Whenever you say they get straight cash you know must of that goes towards, rent, bills and gas. Just being honest here, but I'd say about 95% of kids who get D-1 scholarships aren't "well off" financially. I'm not saying pay them a million dollars a year or anything, but they deserve more than they get now. If a computer science student wants his college paid for then he should have worked harder before college to get the scholarships or invented something while in school to make some money (an app or some kind of program, cleaning computers in the dorms). I went to the school I wanted to, not because my parents are rich or anything, but because I got a big scholarship and because my parents and me applied for more than 300 individual scholarships ranging from $50, to $100,000. I'm a realist and knew that there's nothing that remarkable about me to warrant giving me a free education and that's just what most people have to realize. It's honestly not worth these kids risking three years in college and then tearing their ACL in their last game and then losing out on at least hundreds of thousands of dollars.

I understand the argument from people as to why they shouldn't be paid, but if you were a d-1 athlete I can guarantee that you would be somewhat furious about never seeing a dollar of those billions.

coach
01-30-2015, 02:00 PM
I lOVED every second of my college experience lol.

Whenever you say they get straight cash you know must of that goes towards, rent, bills and gas. Just being honest here, but I'd say about 95% of kids who get D-1 scholarships aren't "well off" financially. I'm not saying pay them a million dollars a year or anything, but they deserve more than they get now. If a computer science student wants his college paid for then he should have worked harder before college to get the scholarships or invented something while in school to make some money (an app or some kind of program, cleaning computers in the dorms). I went to the school I wanted to, not because my parents are rich or anything, but because I got a big scholarship and because my parents and me applied for more than 300 individual scholarships ranging from $50, to $100,000. I'm a realist and knew that there's nothing that remarkable about me to warrant giving me a free education and that's just what most people have to realize. It's honestly not worth these kids risking three years in college and then tearing their ACL in their last game and then losing out on at least hundreds of thousands of dollars.

I understand the argument from people as to why they shouldn't be paid, but if you were a d-1 athlete I can guarantee that you would be somewhat furious about never seeing a dollar of those billions.

With that Logic then you should just work harder in college so you can make millions in the pros. You go to college to become a professional. Whether it is a pro athlete or a "professional" dr. you pay to go to to school to become what you want to be. That goes for all ppl. you dont get exempt for being an athlete.

caleb_mccaig
01-30-2015, 02:10 PM
With that Logic then you should just work harder in college so you can make millions in the pros. You go to college to become a professional. Whether it is a pro athlete or a "professional" dr. you pay to go to to school to become what you want to be. That goes for all ppl. you dont get exempt for being an athlete.

I won't lie, that's a good point lol.

hookandladder
01-30-2015, 02:21 PM

That is fixing to change, scholarship athlete's are going to start getting extra money besides tution,fees and books. I know Texas has already set aside money to cover this extra expense , just a matter of time now. Just FYI- I have always been against college athlete's getting paid, to each his own.

coach
01-30-2015, 03:58 PM
I won't lie, that's a good point lol.

I understand you're point on how a school makes billions and the athelete makes nothing, but there are too many issues. The biggest issue is Title 9. And, why will you pay your 3rd string goalie on the soccer team. And you thought this past week was crazy? Just imagine the bidding war if money was involved. I don't see how it would work and it would make an already dirty business into an even filthier one.

YTBulldogs
01-30-2015, 04:31 PM
I understand you're point on how a school makes billions and the athelete makes nothing, but there are too many issues. The biggest issue is Title 9. And, why will you pay your 3rd string goalie on the soccer team. And you thought this past week was crazy? Just imagine the bidding war if money was involved. I don't see how it would work and it would make an already dirty business into an even filthier one.

:ditto: Be just another NBA, MLB, NFL, NHL and whatever those soccer leagues are called, professional leagues.

caleb_mccaig
01-30-2015, 04:44 PM

Agreed. Like, I said, they shouldn't make anywhere close to millions. I think the current amount that student-athletes are allowed to receive is $2,000 for the semester, and the school has the right to not offer that to their athletes. Don't get me wrong, it's certainly possible to live on $2k when you have no bills, but I'm sure it isn't easy. I don't think something around $10k spread out over the semester or even a $1,000 extra a month per student athlete is asking too much.

I don't know if this will happen, but football is really the only sport that athletes don't have the option to grab a paycheck straight out of high school. Baseball players can be drafted, hockey players can be in developmental leagues in Canada at 16 and basketball players can go to Europe, like top recruit Emmanuel Mudiay who was committed to SMU this past year. Heck, if you're good enough at soccer they'll move you their academy when you're 10-15 years old. Eventually, I think there will be an alternative to football players to decide between school or a check and I think the NCAA will really have a problem then.

Saggy Aggie
01-30-2015, 04:46 PM
Like I said, hill and boyd to Texas.

caleb_mccaig
01-30-2015, 05:10 PM

Saggy, who is A&M looking to finish with? I know LSU is in the mix for a lot of top guys still, especially with the rumors going around that Bama's class is full.

New Taiton
01-30-2015, 05:27 PM
Saggy, who is A&M looking to finish with? I know LSU is in the mix for a lot of top guys still, especially with the rumors going around that Bama's class is full.

Kendell Sheffield is a possibility
Kris Boyd is a possibility
Roquan Smith (LB - Ga) is a possibility
Justin Martin (CB - La) is a possibility
Merrick is a possibility

All of A&M's guys are confident we will get a CB out of Sheffield, Boyd, or Martin.

NastySlot
01-30-2015, 05:33 PM
Merrick is a possibility

All of A&M's guys are confident we will get a CB out of Sheffield, Boyd, or Martin.

Martin is from Tenn. I believe also pushing hard to flip Bussy also a UT commit out of New Orleans

hookandladder
01-30-2015, 05:47 PM

You sound so excited, Lol

hookandladder
01-30-2015, 05:48 PM

Merrick is a possibility

So your thinking Boyd might flip.

caleb_mccaig
01-30-2015, 05:56 PM
Merrick is a possibility

Ya'll think Sheffield may flip from Bama? I wouldn't think they would let a 5* corner walk after losing a few guys in the secondary this year, but 247 does have the Crystal Ball to A&M.

Are you talking Justin Martin, the one from JUCO? He's from Nashville I thought? Him visiting Tennessee this weekend isn't a great sign...

NastySlot
01-30-2015, 06:36 PM
Merrick is a possibility

Ya'll think Sheffield may flip from Bama? I wouldn't think they would let a 5* corner walk after losing a few guys in the secondary this year, but 247 does have the Crystal Ball to A&M.

Are you talking Justin Martin, the one from JUCO? He's from Nashville I thought? Him visiting Tennessee this weekend isn't a great sign...

That s the Martin. Sheffield is a longshot but the recent in home went supposedly and track coach meet with him also. The Georgia LB is a longshot but again visit this week opened up his eyes to A&M

Snotbubbles
01-30-2015, 07:27 PM
this week opened up his eyes to A&M

I agree NS. He isn't the only that visited and it wasn't all they expected. Mainly the town more so, than the program. But, not alot to offer these kid's in the sticks.

Saggy Aggie
01-30-2015, 07:36 PM
You sound so excited, Lol

I would've like to have had those 2. Good pickups for the Longhorns.

Not surprised at the outcome though

New Taiton
02-02-2015, 11:17 AM
So your thinking Boyd might flip.

I do not thin he will flip, but those closer to the situation believe he is still in play.

Saggy Aggie
02-02-2015, 12:18 PM
Martin staying at Tenn

coach
02-02-2015, 01:01 PM
I do not thin he will flip, but those closer to the situation believe he is still in play.

So people think there is still a chance he could flip even after he committed on Friday?

New Taiton
02-02-2015, 02:24 PM
So people think there is still a chance he could flip even after he committed on Friday?

Correct. He is still in contact with the A&M coaching staff.

NastySlot
02-02-2015, 02:26 PM

supposedly he was really undecided on the way up to Austin Friday. I don't think he flips.

Martin looks to be staying with Tennessee. Momma, Family and home too much to overcome.

Mack according to which sites you read all three schools feel good about their chances..........I have no clue what this guy is thinking.

Bussey is the one most Aggie sites feel good about flipping. His dad has favored A&M in the recruiting process. Tennessee lost their OC and has two five stars already on campus.

Merritt is deciding tonight Aggies or Ducks............I think Ducks........third year Aggies will lose out to the Ducks.

Lodge......might need Murray to pull a little overtime to get him to flip....I think Ole Miss wins this one

Sheffield has said he is firm with Bama.

and finally Roquan Smith not saying much after his trip to UCLA. A&M has made quite an impression on him and he really like the Mays Business school.....UCLA, UGa and Aggies................I think he'll stay home (UGa).

Regardless if the Aggies flip or add anyone........the class is pretty solid they hit their needs..........still don't understand why they didn't look at a second QB last year or this year with the possibility of Murray going MLB.

Edit for Smith.......just got a text from buddy who said Smith is a silent commit with Bruins and want's to wait until Wednesday to announce.

NastySlot
02-02-2015, 03:01 PM
supposedly he was really undecided on the way up to Austin Friday. I don't think he flips.

Martin looks to be staying with Tennessee. Momma, Family and home too much to overcome.

Mack according to which sites you read all three schools feel good about their chances..........I have no clue what this guy is thinking.

Bussey is the one most Aggie sites feel good about flipping. His dad has favored A&M in the recruiting process. Tennessee lost their OC and has two five stars already on campus.

Merritt is deciding tonight Aggies or Ducks............I think Ducks........third year Aggies will lose out to the Ducks.

Lodge......might need Murray to pull a little overtime to get him to flip....I think Ole Miss wins this one

Sheffield has said he is firm with Bama.

and finally Roquan Smith not saying much after his trip to UCLA. A&M has made quite an impression on him and he really like the Mays Business school.....UCLA, UGa and Aggies................I think he'll stay home (UGa).

Regardless if the Aggies flip or add anyone........the class is pretty solid they hit their needs..........still don't understand why they didn't look at a second QB last year or this year with the possibility of Murray going MLB.

Edit for Smith.......just got a text from buddy who said Smith is a silent commit with Bruins and want's to wait until Wednesday to announce.

Edit just got another text...but haven't seen it anywhere official.........but Bussey flips.

Hope he is the next great one from Isidore Newman ( the Mannings and OD Beckham Jr.)

caleb_mccaig
02-03-2015, 05:40 AM

Nothing is official until the LOI is signed and faxed.