PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl XLIX--Patriots vs Seahawks...

slingshot
01-20-2015, 10:10 AM
Who you got and why?

full circle
01-20-2015, 12:04 PM
Patriots-Tom Brady, Bill Bellicheck

slingshot
01-20-2015, 02:44 PM

Agree. I think Tom Terrific gets his 4th SB ring... wonder if he runs up to Sherman after the game and blathers "You mad bro?" Would be classic.

Txbroadcaster
01-20-2015, 02:52 PM
As bad as they played on offense I still think Hawks win this..they stopped basically the same style of offense all day.

regaleagle
01-20-2015, 04:50 PM
I'm expecting to see a more defensive style game than the Colts played against the Pats, for sure. I believe the Seahawks will cause problems for Brady and his recievers that the Colts could not do. The Pats were recipients of some "gifts" by the Colts, and with an early lead they were able to extend it with even more turnovers by forcing the Colts into situations that put the Pats defense in a much better position defensively. Luck had a horrendous game, and some of his recievers just dropped would-be completions at key moments all through the game. Then the snowball turned into an avalanche and at that point the rout was on. This will not happen against the Seahawk defense. And the Seahawk offense will make the plays they need to keep the Pats defense at bay. I don't see Brady having the same amount of time to throw as he did against the Colts. This game will be much different and I look for a defensive battle with some big plays from both sides. Don't have any clue who will emerge with the victory. I'll be pulling for Seattle.

44INAROW
01-21-2015, 10:58 AM

This....
since it's the off season, I'll share this info :) My middle son (Chad, lives in Florida) is now married with a 15 month old son, our 1st grandson - but I digress........

Back in 2011 - Chad was preparing to propose to Kellee (she's a Falls City Beaver but had moved to FL at that time) Chad is a HUGE Patriots fan - has been since he was a Junior in high school, his 7 yr old Boxer's name is BRADY ...- Kellee is a HUGE Packers fan and thinks Aaron Rodgers hung the moon.. her 4 year old mutt's name is JORDY... So Chad and Kellee fly to Cuero (actually San Antonio lol) for Christmas in 2011... and Christmas Eve he gives Kellee "her" gift - it's 2 tickets to a Pat's game on New Year's Day at Gillette Field. (She's the Packer's fan, not sure why he thought SHE'D be pumped to see the Pat's, but that's guy logic I guess) so, they leave Cuero for their flight to Boston on the 28th - spend a few days sightseeing, etc. And he proposes at a Pat's game.. and the rest is history....... Their casual engagement pictures - He's wearing a #12 Pat's blue jersey and she's wearing a #12 green Packers jersey................... He's been wanting to go back to Gillette for a game but they "can't" until they go to a Packer's game in Green Bay.... (They did go to the Packers vs Buc's in Tampa this year but it's not the same as in Green Bay).... Fast Forward to Oct 2014 - I'm in Florida for grandson Leo's 1st birthday.. As a gift to Kellee for giving him a son, he gives her a card and in the card was 2 tickets to the Dec 7th Packers vs Pats game in Green Bay.. She is totally pumped and excited. The next day, her baby sister calls to tell her she's getting married - yep, you guessed it - Dec 7th in Falls City.. Chad was PISSED to say the least - he had used up almost every favor he had to get these tickets, had flights and hotel booked.. Of course he was able to sell the tickets with no problem. And to think how close they were to having a Packers vs Pats Super Bowl.. So, that's my long, drawn out story for the week.. and why I want the Patriots to win - Cause my son likes them lol..........

1st and goal
01-21-2015, 03:50 PM
This....
since it's the off season, I'll share this info :) My middle son (Chad, lives in Florida) is now married with a 15 month old son, our 1st grandson - but I digress........

Back in 2011 - Chad was preparing to propose to Kellee (she's a Falls City Beaver but had moved to FL at that time) Chad is a HUGE Patriots fan - has been since he was a Junior in high school, his 7 yr old Boxer's name is BRADY ...- Kellee is a HUGE Packers fan and thinks Aaron Rodgers hung the moon.. her 4 year old mutt's name is JORDY... So Chad and Kellee fly to Cuero (actually San Antonio lol) for Christmas in 2011... and Christmas Eve he gives Kellee "her" gift - it's 2 tickets to a Pat's game on New Year's Day at Gillette Field. (She's the Packer's fan, not sure why he thought SHE'D be pumped to see the Pat's, but that's guy logic I guess) so, they leave Cuero for their flight to Boston on the 28th - spend a few days sightseeing, etc. And he proposes at a Pat's game.. and the rest is history....... Their casual engagement pictures - He's wearing a #12 Pat's blue jersey and she's wearing a #12 green Packers jersey................... He's been wanting to go back to Gillette for a game but they "can't" until they go to a Packer's game in Green Bay.... (They did go to the Packers vs Buc's in Tampa this year but it's not the same as in Green Bay).... Fast Forward to Oct 2014 - I'm in Florida for grandson Leo's 1st birthday.. As a gift to Kellee for giving him a son, he gives her a card and in the card was 2 tickets to the Dec 7th Packers vs Pats game in Green Bay.. She is totally pumped and excited. The next day, her baby sister calls to tell her she's getting married - yep, you guessed it - Dec 7th in Falls City.. Chad was PISSED to say the least - he had used up almost every favor he had to get these tickets, had flights and hotel booked.. Of course he was able to sell the tickets with no problem. And to think how close they were to having a Packers vs Pats Super Bowl.. So, that's my long, drawn out story for the week.. and why I want the Patriots to win - Cause my son likes them lol..........

Good story.

eagleqb_14
01-25-2015, 04:19 PM
Cowboys. Dez will catch it again

Saggy Aggie
01-25-2015, 06:05 PM
I wanna see Tom get another SB

Roughneck93
01-25-2015, 07:23 PM
Hoping for a Pats win, but Seattle's defense will be too much. Seattle repeats....

buff4ever
01-26-2015, 10:23 AM
I am not a big fan of either team, and am having trouble figuring out which one I would rather see lift the trophy over the other. Belicheck cheats, but is a good coach and his players actually like him. Pete Carrol cheated at USC, and bailed before it got ugly. His players also seem to like him. The Patriots had a likely murderer on their team, and Sherman for the seahawks is an educated thug at best.

I think because we like to hate success when it is not our team, I would rather not see the patriots prove anymore dominance, and have slightly (ever so slightly) decided to pull for the seahawks.

1st and goal
01-26-2015, 11:08 AM
I am not a big fan of either team, and am having trouble figuring out which one I would rather see lift the trophy over the other. Belicheck cheats, but is a good coach and his players actually like him. Pete Carrol cheated at USC, and bailed before it got ugly. His players also seem to like him. The Patriots had a likely murderer on their team, and Sherman for the seahawks is an educated thug at best.

I think because we like to hate success when it is not our team, I would rather not see the patriots prove anymore dominance, and have slightly (ever so slightly) decided to pull for the seahawks.

Similar thoughts. My "ever so slightly" pull is about equivalent to using wet toilet paper to pull a truck out of the mud....Maybe the double layered stuff now that I think about it.

I haven't been keeping up with the media, is Sherman's injury going to hamper his ability? Or are they keeping that under wraps?

Saggy Aggie
02-01-2015, 11:17 AM
Superbowl sunday ladies....

Predictions?

I think the Seahawks win it, though i'd ike to see Brady/Belichick get another SB.

Seahawks 27
Patriots 20

lostaussie
02-01-2015, 11:50 AM
7 and 1
9 and 4
That is all:thumbsup:

Tejastrue
02-01-2015, 10:12 PM
What a game...crazy catch at the end and great int. Congrats Patriots and Tom Brady. Cheaters win or did they lose!!! lol...

44INAROW
02-01-2015, 10:23 PM
7 and 1
9 and 4
That is all:thumbsup:

I had Pats 7 and Seattle 4. Seattle's last second TD at end of 2nd cost me $$$$$$. Ggrrrr

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

lostaussie
02-01-2015, 10:24 PM
I didn't win anything but it was a hell of a game!!

PhiI C
02-01-2015, 10:29 PM
Myth: Cheaters Never Win! :)

Tejastrue
02-01-2015, 10:41 PM
Brady's balls were a bit astray early on but tightened up later in the game...:D

hookandladder
02-01-2015, 10:43 PM
All I got to say is, Tom ******* Brady. Hell Yea, ball game.

Tejastrue
02-01-2015, 10:44 PM
:eek::eek::eek:

Rabid Cougar
02-01-2015, 10:54 PM

He didn't intercept the pass on the goal line.

Tejastrue
02-01-2015, 11:01 PM
Or make that fluke catch toward the end but he was the reason they were ahead....calm, cool, and collective...

Cam
02-01-2015, 11:11 PM
Brady's balls were a bit astray early on but tightened up later in the game...:D

......:vrycnfsd:.....balls tightened up huh??....did he change into a smaller jockstrap at halftime??.....or maybe they snuck a little air out of them footballs as the game wore on!!!

Cam
02-01-2015, 11:16 PM

:eek:whoa!!!....few too many there hook?.....:spitlol:

slingshot
02-01-2015, 11:24 PM
Pete Carroll outcoached himself...

Saggy Aggie
02-01-2015, 11:26 PM
Well that oughta take care of hook. Where's the exterminators, i mean mods?

Tejastrue
02-01-2015, 11:34 PM
......:vrycnfsd:.....balls tightened up huh??....did he change into a smaller jockstrap at halftime??.....or maybe they snuck a little air out of them footballs as the game wore on!!! I'm thinking he expended just enough of them balls to reach the ultimate goal....and it was super..

Cam
02-01-2015, 11:35 PM
Pete Carroll outcoached himself...

....I think he got distracted there towards the end....He severely bit his tongue while working that chewin' gum!!!.....

Cam
02-01-2015, 11:37 PM
....where is New England anyways??......:doh:

Cam
02-01-2015, 11:39 PM
Pete Carroll is acting like everything is cool....that boy won't sleep a wink tonight!!.....

Tejastrue
02-01-2015, 11:42 PM
....where is New England anyways??......:doh:

You need to ask this guy....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbvW1kmPexQ&x-yt-cl=85114404&feature=player_embedded&x-yt-ts=1422579428

Deuce
02-02-2015, 09:33 AM
Trying to imagine what this thread would look like if it was the Cowboys that lost the Super Bowl yesterday in that fashion!

coach
02-02-2015, 09:55 AM
Trying to imagine what this thread would look like if it was the Cowboys that lost the Super Bowl yesterday in that fashion!

I find it funny how people are saying it's the worst call in the history of the nfl. The guy was open. He throws it at his chest its a td. If Romo throws that same interception he would be getting KILLED. But, Mr. Wilson gets a pass.

Rabid Cougar
02-02-2015, 09:58 AM
I find it funny how people are saying it's the worst call in the history of the nfl. The guy was open. He throws it at his chest its a td. If Romo throws that same interception he would be getting KILLED. But, Mr. Wilson gets a pass.

This is a correct statement.

waterboy
02-02-2015, 10:00 AM

This thread would be thirty plus pages long, and the Romo critics would have a field day!:D Why not blame the interception on Wilson? Oh, wait..., it was just a bad play call..., not Russell Wilson's fault... It would've been Romo's fault had he done the same thing, though. You can take that to the bank.

I didn't "want" either team to win, but I felt like the Patriots would win a close one. I had my doubts at the end, though, for sure.

waterboy
02-02-2015, 10:02 AM

Somebody beat me to it... EXACTLY what I was thinking!

Deuce
02-02-2015, 10:32 AM

Agree!

Macarthur
02-02-2015, 11:10 AM
Maybe some will call me a QB homer, but I don't think that was a bad throw by Wilson. I think it was a dumb play call, but I think Wilson made a good throw.

You know, the defensive players are paid professionals, too. Sometimes you have to tip your cap to the defense making a good play, and that was a great play by the DB.

Cam
02-02-2015, 11:18 AM
You need to ask this guy....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbvW1kmPexQ&x-yt-cl=85114404&feature=player_embedded&x-yt-ts=1422579428

ya mean Barely Manenough?..:D

waterboy
02-02-2015, 11:35 AM
Maybe some will call me a QB homer, but I don't think that was a bad throw by Wilson. I think it was a dumb play call, but I think Wilson made a good throw.

You know, the defensive players are paid professionals, too. Sometimes you have to tip your cap to the defense making a good play, and that was a great play by the DB.

I don't disagree with you at all. The point is that if Romo would've made the same throw on the same call, he would be getting HAMMERED by the media and his detractors even though the play call was what lost the game. Wilson gets a pass. It's not right to put the onus on the QB, especially when he made a good throw. It was the play call that lost the game, not the QB.

Macarthur
02-02-2015, 12:01 PM
I don't disagree with you at all. The point is that if Romo would've made the same throw on the same call, he would be getting HAMMERED by the media and his detractors even though the play call was what lost the game. Wilson gets a pass. It's not right to put the onus on the QB, especially when he made a good throw. It was the play call that lost the game, not the QB.

oh, I def agree that the narrative would be totally diff if Romo had made the throw.

Saggy Aggie
02-02-2015, 12:22 PM
Wasn't a perfect throw, but certainly good enough.

DB made a great play. But horrible play call. I think we all know Marshawn would've gotten in

But.... Pete Carroll said they were in a 3 WR set and the defense was in a goalline package so they liked the look for a pass play and that's why they didn't run it.

Can't imagine why he didn't just sub in his goalline unit though as well.... Plenty of time

Cam
02-02-2015, 01:58 PM
BREAKING NEWS: I heard one report that Mrs. Carroll (Glena) is so mad at Pete for that call that she's cut him off for at least one month!!!...and, he must sleep in the guest house!!....She will re-evaluate the situation in due time.....

Now you done did it Pete Glena's upset,
Gotta live with the call you'll always regret,
Don't worry too much one month goes by fast,
It could've been six months like in the past,
A brand new Mercedes she might forgive and forget!!!........:doh:

.....this is all Greendawg's fault!!....

Farmersfan
02-02-2015, 03:43 PM

Flawed logic coach! #1. you aren't in Seattle today and have no idea how much Wilson is being roasted in that market. #2. Romo doesn't have the history of success that Wilson has! If Romo had won the Superbowl LAST YEAR I can promise you he would get a pass from a lot of people this year.....................

coach
02-02-2015, 04:06 PM
Flawed logic coach! #1. you aren't in Seattle today and have no idea how much Wilson is being roasted in that market. #2. Romo doesn't have the history of success that Wilson has! If Romo had won the Superbowl LAST YEAR I can promise you he would get a pass from a lot of people this year.....................

1. i have been listening to super bowl talk all day and have yet to hear someone bash Wilson. Even Colin Cowherd said we should be praising Wilson for how good he played. 2. Romo could win 8 super bowls but idiots like your self would want him cut because he didn't win a 9th.

And, I am not saying Wilson should be blamed. The db made a helluva play. Im just saying Romo wouldn'y make it out alive if he had that same mistake when we all know that it was a horrible play call.

bobcat1
02-02-2015, 07:54 PM

You know, the defensive players are paid professionals, too. Sometimes you have to tip your cap to the defense making a good play, and that was a great play by the DB.I hated the play call and I don't care if they would have stacked 13 in the box, Lynch would have carried at least twice. The DB did make a fantastic play but so did Browner make a play allowing him to make that interception. Pete Carroll outsmarted himself.

bobcat1
02-02-2015, 08:01 PM
Romo wouldn't have been throwing to Ricardo Lockette either. Never heard of him either, huh? Dez would have caught that ball.

hollywood
02-02-2015, 09:25 PM
Romo wouldn't have been throwing to Ricardo Lockette either. Never heard of him either, huh? Dez would have caught that ball.

Only one thing wrong with your post... Romo will never see the field in a Super Bowl unless he's retired from playing and a guest commentator.

bobcat1
02-02-2015, 10:15 PM
Only one thing wrong with your post... Romo will never see the field in a Super Bowl unless he's retired from playing and a guest commentator.
Stifle!

waterboy
02-03-2015, 09:15 AM

:foul: Blasphemy!

I certainly hope you're wrong. They were only a couple of plays away from being there this year.

Saggy Aggie
02-03-2015, 08:58 PM

All I gotta say is, if that were me, Ida got ROM'd so fast it'd have made your spin....